F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

Air conditioning issue f56

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 02:40 PM
wlondoner
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air conditioning issue f56

Hi. I have a 2014 F56 hatch high mileage but well cared for Mini Cooper diesel. The air con seems to take a few minutes 4-5) to kick in each and everytime. When I press the air con button it's not cold straight away and the engine doesn't Rev any more than normal, now this I know is not right as I had a brand new mini hire car recently and the revs surged as soon as I pressed the air con button! Mine doesn't do that at all.
I've already had it regassed by a mini dealer so I know this ain't the problem it didn't help. I can't see how air con kicks in after 5 minutes? I can drive down the road sit in a car park and by 5 minutes sitting parked up the car will only then start to blow out cold air (again no change in the Revs) and Again the same on the motorway after 5 minutes you can tell and smell it's kicked in and it's starting to cool. When it does get cooling it does seem to then work very well which is odd! I noticed this last summer and had a few awful days were I was dripping wet as was blowing hot air in my face for 5 minutes it was horrible, I suffer from Ecezma so like a comfortable cool temp in the warmer weather.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

Old 11-02-2021, 11:14 AM
kattanah
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wlondoner
Hi. I have a 2014 F56 hatch high mileage but well cared for Mini Cooper diesel. The air con seems to take a few minutes 4-5) to kick in each and everytime. When I press the air con button it's not cold straight away and the engine doesn't Rev any more than normal, now this I know is not right as I had a brand new mini hire car recently and the revs surged as soon as I pressed the air con button! Mine doesn't do that at all.
I've already had it regassed by a mini dealer so I know this ain't the problem it didn't help. I can't see how air con kicks in after 5 minutes? I can drive down the road sit in a car park and by 5 minutes sitting parked up the car will only then start to blow out cold air (again no change in the Revs) and Again the same on the motorway after 5 minutes you can tell and smell it's kicked in and it's starting to cool. When it does get cooling it does seem to then work very well which is odd! I noticed this last summer and had a few awful days were I was dripping wet as was blowing hot air in my face for 5 minutes it was horrible, I suffer from Ecezma so like a comfortable cool temp in the warmer weather.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
hi there

Did you manage to resolve your AC issue?