F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Tracking production

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tcgorm
Both ask-mini and the owners lounge tell me that my Clubman is in transit which must mean that it is aboard the Drive Green Highway transport ship, due in Baltimore on 9/21. That is, assuming Hurricane Jose doesn't interfere.

I would imagine your Clubman is aboard as well. Unless they parked it behind the door......😏
I’m still showing awaiting shipment. The next ship - Capetown Highway - is in Southampton today and should be underway soon. I wish I knew how quickly your status changed after that ship departed on 9/12 (then I could stop calling every half hour).

Old 09-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Loonysup
I’m still showing awaiting shipment. The next ship - Capetown Highway - is in Southampton today and should be underway soon. I wish I knew how quickly your status changed after that ship departed on 9/12 (then I could stop calling every half hour).

Ugh, just called ASK-MINI and spoke to a rep. She said my car was loaded on a ship on 9/11 and is scheduled to arrive in Georgia in 9/27. The problem is she gave me the departure date of one ship and the arrival date of another so which one is correct?

(Rant) I know I’m being a bit obsessive about this, but I work for a cruise line where every single item and person must appear on a manifest well before loading and unloading. I’m failing to see how it is difficult to track the exact whereabouts of a whole car throughout the shipping process. (Rant over)

Old 09-15-2017, 02:36 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Once the car is on the ship, within a day or two it is on the manifest, which the shipping line posts on the web.

It is nerve-wracking, but remember, the 'system' wants to get you your car as soon as it can. They want to get paid, and you're the one bringing the money!!

Weather can be a factor this season. But the cars arrive with amazing efficiency. The waiting is the pits!! But it's worth it

Old 09-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4
Once the car is on the ship, within a day or two it is on the manifest, which the shipping line posts on the web.

It is nerve-wracking, but remember, the 'system' wants to get you your car as soon as it can. They want to get paid, and you're the one bringing the money!!

Weather can be a factor this season. But the cars arrive with amazing efficiency. The waiting is the pits!! But it's worth it
My MA texted this morning and said that it is on the Drive Green Highway. Marinetracker has it arriving in Baltimore on 9/20 which is a couple days early so I’ll take that with a grain of salt water.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:51 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
My MA texted this morning and said that it is on the Drive Green Highway. Marinetracker has it arriving in Baltimore on 9/20 which is a couple days early so I’ll take that with a grain of salt water.
It's coming!!

If there are any options you want added at the Vehicle Processing Center, now is the time to tell your MA -- things like wheel locks. Any adds can delay the car by a day or two.

Otherwise, it's all about tracking the ship, watching the weather reports, and making sure your final deal factors in any incentives available to you at time of delivery.

Almost there...

Old 09-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4
It's coming!!

If there are any options you want added at the Vehicle Processing Center, now is the time to tell your MA -- things like wheel locks. Any adds can delay the car by a day or two.

Otherwise, it's all about tracking the ship, watching the weather reports, and making sure your final deal factors in any incentives available to you at time of delivery.

Almost there...
I’m not adding anything that will delay it at this point.

I’ve been keeping an eye on incentives but I’m not holding out much hope since they still seem to have 2017s left and all incentives are on those.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Woohoo! Called ask-mini today and was advised that my Cooper S Clubman is "in transit" meaning it is on board the transport ship which I assume is the K-Line vessel Drive Green Highway (what a weird name for a transport ship). Next stop will be the prep center in Baltimore next week.

It is my understanding that the prep center goes over each car to make sure everything works, transpo gunk is removed and any damage is repaired. Apparently it takes some time for the cars to be unloaded and prepped before going on a car carrier to be delivered to the dealer so maybe end of he month delivery isn't out of the question.

Loonysup, I hope your Clubman made it onto the boat as well.
Hi Tom,

Got confirmation that I am on the same ship as you. It’s estimated to get in to Brunswick 9/25-9/26. With any luck (and no more hurricanes) I’m hoping I can pick it up the weekend after next.

David

Old 09-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting close now

Hi Tom,

Got confirmation that I am on the same ship as you. It’s estimated to get in to Brunswick 9/25-9/26. With any luck (and no more hurricanes) I’m hoping I can pick it up the weekend after next.

David
great news! I am hopeful that my Clubman will be off the ship and to my dealer before 9/28 when I get back to the Motor City for a lomg weekend. With some luck I will be driving it before October.

Speaking of hurricanes, two of a friend's children also live in Orlando (working for Mr Disney) and they were without power for 10 days following Irma. I hope the next storm doesn't interfere with our deliveries.

I am rhinking hard about some mods for the car, namely a Dinan Elite piggyback tuner box and a carbon fiber intake from ECS. Any such plans for you?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
great news! I am hopeful that my Clubman will be off the ship and to my dealer before 9/28 when I get back to the Motor City for a lomg weekend. With some luck I will be driving it before October.

Speaking of hurricanes, two of a friend's children also live in Orlando (working for Mr Disney) and they were without power for 10 days following Irma. I hope the next storm doesn't interfere with our deliveries.

I am rhinking hard about some mods for the car, namely a Dinan Elite piggyback tuner box and a carbon fiber intake from ECS. Any such plans for you?
I've been keeping an eye on Jose and Maria and am hoping they can thread the needle to get that ship in to Baltimore. I would hate to be at sea in one of those storms in what amounts to a giant toaster floating on the water.

I looked at the Dinan Elite, but I probably won't do anything. I have a 2015 Mustang with the Ecoboost engine that I had tuned when I got it. It was an amazing difference....until the engine blew at 11k miles. On the Mustang forums, there were several people that had blown these engines - some modded some not. I never got an explanation from Ford on what they found and I never pressed it as I was just happy to they replaced the engine under warranty.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Stupid ship tracker sites haven't been updated in a week. For all I know the good ship lollipop (also known as Drive Green Highwayi) is still putzing around the English Channel somewhere, but is scheduled to dock in Baltimore tomorrow. Weather notwithstanding. I am still hopeful about pickingup my Clubman S in a week or so at the dealership just north of Detroit. Hopeful, but not at all certain about that.

The suspense is getting to me. I literally hate driving our Town & Country minivan, can't hardly wait to unload it at the dealership. Almost don't care how much they will give me as a trade in. Well, I do care as they wouldn't negotiate much and maybe I can make up some of that.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Stupid ship tracker sites haven't been updated in a week. For all I know the good ship lollipop (also known as Drive Green Highwayi) is still putzing around the English Channel somewhere, but is scheduled to dock in Baltimore tomorrow. Weather notwithstanding. I am still hopeful about pickingup my Clubman S in a week or so at the dealership just north of Detroit. Hopeful, but not at all certain about that.

The suspense is getting to me. I literally hate driving our Town & Country minivan, can't hardly wait to unload it at the dealership. Almost don't care how much they will give me as a trade in. Well, I do care as they wouldn't negotiate much and maybe I can make up some of that.
Estimated position was 900nm off the coast of the US this morning. Hopefully it comes back online tomorrow.

I didn’t realize yours had to get from Maryland to Detroit (thought it was going to SC) We may be picking them up about the same time as mine should only have a half days trip to Orlando. I have the final inspection on my Mustang this week so I can turn it in the day the Clubman gets here.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Just got a notification that the ship is back online and approaching the channel to get to Baltimore.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:37 AM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Trade in time

I made a mistake when I went grouse hunting 2 days ago up here. Went down an old two track logging road that is now used primarily as a snowmobile trail. I was driving the Town & Country minivan and went through a BIG pile of loose sand that tore off the valance panel below the front bumper. A good sized rock was in the sand and I ran over it and damaged a small trim piece behind the left front tire well. Soooo, I have some repairs to do before having the car appraised by the dealers used car manager. I don't mind negotiating a sales price for a car, but I really dislike used car guys trying to lowball me in a trade in allowance. Like your mother used to tell you, "we'll see."

Old 09-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
It's through VDC in Baltimore and on the truck!

Just got a text from my MA that my Clubman S is off the ship, through quality checks and is loaded on the transport truck. Wow, that was quick! Should be at the dealer in a few days so I will probably get to pick it up in a week or so. Getting excited......

Loonysup, youranshould arrive this weekend at the port and you will be driving soon as well! Cheers and happy motoring!

Old 09-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Just got a text from my MA that my Clubman S is off the ship, through quality checks and is loaded on the transport truck. Wow, that was quick! Should be at the dealer in a few days so I will probably get to pick it up in a week or so. Getting excited......

Loonysup, youranshould arrive this weekend at the port and you will be driving soon as well! Cheers and happy motoring!
Are you sure you were on the same ship? I’m still showing that the Drive green highway hasn’t even arrived in Baltimore yet. It should be docked sometime later this evening.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Actually never did find out what ship it was on. Don't really care at this point either. Just that it will soon be at the dealership.

I have decided to wait on mods for the car until I put 2-3,000 miles on it and it is well broken in and whatever gremlins lurk have been flushed out and fixed. In order of preference:

1. Dinan Elite
2. ARMA carbon fiber intake either fixed or variable.
3. JCW big brake kit w/ wheel spacers to fit the larger calipers

Those add up to an extra $3,500 or so of additional expense, still cheaper than the full JCW upgrade.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:52 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Actually never did find out what ship it was on. Don't really care at this point either. Just that it will soon be at the dealership.

I have decided to wait on mods for the car until I put 2-3,000 miles on it and it is well broken in and whatever gremlins lurk have been flushed out and fixed. In order of preference:

1. Dinan Elite
2. ARMA carbon fiber intake either fixed or variable.
3. JCW big brake kit w/ wheel spacers to fit the larger calipers

Those add up to an extra $3,500 or so of additional expense, still cheaper than the full JCW upgrade.
Only “mod” I have planned at this point is to get the windows tinted immediately. And possibly the sunroof panels.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
OMG! It's at the dealership already!

just got off the phone with my MA this afternoon and he texted me with photos of my beautiful British Racing Green Clubman S as it came off the carrier.

I am am so geeked about being able to take delivery in a week. Woo Hoo! Can't beilieve it got dropped off so quickly. I ordered the car 4 weeks ago and it's here! I only got notice yesterday that it was through VDC in Baltimore. Loonysup, get ready!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
just got off the phone with my MA this afternoon and he texted me with photos of my beautiful British Racing Green Clubman S as it came off the carrier.

I am am so geeked about being able to take delivery in a week. Woo Hoo! Can't beilieve it got dropped off so quickly. I ordered the car 4 weeks ago and it's here! I only got notice yesterday that it was through VDC in Baltimore. Loonysup, get ready!

Holy cow, that’s amazing. I hope mine has that kind of turnaround when it gets offloaded. How are you waiting a week to pick it up?

Old 09-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Long distance delivery

David-

Now that my wife has sold her law firm and (mostly) retired, we split our time between our homes in Charleston and our lake house in the wilds of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have spent the entire summer and the best part of fall here in northern Michigan, having relocated from our former home north of Detroit (actually Bloomfield Hills).

The nearest Mini dealer to us here in Michigan is some 350 miles away in Southfield, MI, which is where I placed the car order. We will drive to Bloomfield Hills next Wednesday to visit doctors and family (been planned for some time) and will also pick up the new Clubman while we are there, probably next Thursday. It's not a few miles from the dealership.

We will only e back up north for a couple weeks and then make he trek down to Charleston where we will stay until near Memorial Day next year. If I never see another snowflake, I will be happy!

Old 09-29-2017, 04:22 AM
Tcgorm
1st Gear
Smile Got it!

I took delivery of my BRG Clubman S yesterday after a little drama at the dealership. We traded in our 2009 Town & Country on the Clubbie and got dinged by the used car guy when he low ball appraised the trade in. We eventually worked it out and now I get to play with my new toy.

The difference in throttle response between the paddle shifter/sport mode and standard (mid) driving mode is amazing! I don't think I will use the standard mode very much around town...the paddle shifter is just too much fun.

Loonysup/David, I hope you have your new Clubman by now and are enjoying the ride.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:32 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
I took delivery of my BRG Clubman S yesterday after a little drama at the dealership. We traded in our 2009 Town & Country on the Clubbie and got dinged by the used car guy when he low ball appraised the trade in. We eventually worked it out and now I get to play with my new toy.

The difference in throttle response between the paddle shifter/sport mode and standard (mid) driving mode is amazing! I don't think I will use the standard mode very much around town...the paddle shifter is just too much fun.

Loonysup/David, I hope you have your new Clubman by now and are enjoying the ride.
Congratulations!!!

As my wife would say “I need pictures or it didn’t happen”

I should be picking mine up today. Hopefully it works out as I optimistically made an appointment with my tint guy tomorrow.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
I'm trying to track my Mini in the Owner's Lounge. This is going to be my third Mini, but it's the first I've ordered. After logging into the OL I've tried Track My Mini, but the only two options are my current car and the previous one. I tried adding the vehicle under Update Profile, but I need Acquired Date, Acquired Mileage, and Current Mileage info to enter it there. Any idea on how I can add this to my account? I'd rather not deal with multiple logins.