'17 model A/C noise issue...is this normal? - North American Motoring

F54 :: Clubman Stock Problems/Issues (2015+) Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F54 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

'17 model A/C noise issue...is this normal?

Old 08-28-2018, 08:15 AM
mdri98
2nd Gear
'17 model A/C noise issue...is this normal?

Hi all!
Always appreciate your input here in this forum.

As the weather got hotter, my '17 Clubman All4(with 10440mi) started making noise when I turn the A/C on.
The car is still pretty new and so I wondered if there are others who might have the same issue as mine.
(I did search the past forum posts and things but couldn't find much with newer built models)
It is not that loud inside as I can mask the noise with loud music, etc,...but I am sure people outside while
driving around the city can hear it since it is pretty loud outside. The A/C does work fine, puts out cold air
and stuff but the noise is pretty noticeable and frankly, I have never had any of my car doing that...especially
barely at 2 yr mark.

I actually have an appointment to take my car in for the second service next Monday. I really hope I can
"replicate" the problem as we are overseas and having to pay everything ourselves...(the price to "just to
check" the A/C system here is 200euro to 250euro!!! on top of other checks they need to run...)

Are there anyone who has newer MINIs that have the same problem??? (or did I just get lucky...?)
Is this something thats repairable?

Thanks...

Old 09-25-2018, 07:22 AM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mdri98 View Post
Hi all!

As the weather got hotter, my '17 Clubman All4(with 10440mi) started making noise when I turn the A/C on.
The car is still pretty new and so I wondered if there are others who might have the same issue as mine.
(I did search the past forum posts and things but couldn't find much with newer built models)
It is not that loud inside as I can mask the noise with loud music, etc,...but I am sure people outside while
driving around the city can hear it since it is pretty loud outside. The A/C does work fine, puts out cold air
and stuff but the noise is pretty noticeable and frankly, I have never had any of my car doing that...especially
barely at 2 yr mark.

I actually have an appointment to take my car in for the second service next Monday. I really hope I can
"replicate" the problem as we are overseas and having to pay everything ourselves...(the price to "just to
check" the A/C system here is 200euro to 250euro!!! on top of other checks they need to run...)

Are there anyone who has newer MINIs that have the same problem??? (or did I just get lucky...?)

Thanks...

Same noise but mine seems to get worse if I have been blowing the AC and then go to vents... whistling noise which is very annoying!! Please post what your service department determines.

Thanks.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:30 AM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mdri98 View Post
Hi all!

barely at 2 yr mark.

Thanks...

What did you find out? Thanks.