Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Parking Light Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:43 PM
PredMini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking Light Install

Ok I'm an idiot.....I've installed my Silverstars and Steath turn signal bulbs up front and on the sides, but can't seem to get the parking light bulbs out to swap for the new bright white ones. Do they just pull out? It almost seems like I'll break the lens before they pulled out. I tried unclipping the wire, but the bulb just stays in in the lens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...
The Idiot!

Old 05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PredMini
Ok I'm an idiot.....I've installed my Silverstars and Steath turn signal bulbs up front and on the sides, but can't seem to get the parking light bulbs out to swap for the new bright white ones. Do they just pull out? It almost seems like I'll break the lens before they pulled out. I tried unclipping the wire, but the bulb just stays in in the lens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...
The Idiot!
they turn... just like the turn signals.... but it is difficult..... cuze it is such a small area to work with

Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 AM
PredMini
3rd Gear
Thanks that did it! The DS side I started with was crazy tight. The PS was still tight, but much looser. I think if I had started with the PS I wouldn't have had any question.

Thanks Again,
PredMini

Old 05-30-2006, 02:05 PM
PredMini
3rd Gear
My new "Super Bright White Lights" look more blue than my Silverstars. It's actually a blue bulb with a silver coating. Does anyone know of a replacement bulb that would be closer in color to my Silverstars?