Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical any way have driving lights with low beam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Febmoon1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose guns kill people not killers in your world view as well. This is hilarious!

Yes it is a great example if you drive on back roads to have high beams and driving lights be too much light. They cancel each other out and create an effect of a halo or rounding of light compared to a low beam on the road and high beams on the sides. Before you judge you should try. No name calling here just a very experienced back road driver. Also a responsible adult who can choose right fom wrong.

Ps- still looking or a story of an accident with high beam lights blinding a driver.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator
We now know CR you are the internet forum and ethics police. You are like my kids. Always right. Good night son time for bed.
If I'm your son, you must be about 70.... Dad.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
go to bed already

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Hahaha

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Febmoon1
3rd Gear
Gotta agree with Braminator, I am one of those people who choose to turn off before it bothers on coming traffic. Again a choice of being respectful and deciding for myself between right and wrong. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing!

Can someone PM the instructions on how to do this?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
We are all afraid to give you instructions because of the CR police.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Febmoon1
3rd Gear
Isn't that crazy! It's a request and I cannot even get an answer because of people like CR. I like your new post by the way. Very funny!

I looked at the original request and it is a very innocent and good question in my opinion if you want to choose to modify your car to make the driving experience more fun and safer for you. When driving on back roads or on highways alone at night to clarify for CR.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Besides selfish, you're childish.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
rum4
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Febmoon don't feel bad this crap happens a lot on this forum. Question or response placed out and then the rude and crazy crap starts

Moderators you need to lock this thread, going no where

Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Ok for the CR lawyers

Who Is Liable For Auto Accidents Caused By Drivers Who Are Blinded By High Beams?

Liability in auto accidents caused by drivers blinded by high beams is generally determined by the rules of negligence. Determining liability often depends on the particular circumstances of the case, but courts sometimes differ on the rules they apply to these cases.

Some courts apply the rule that a motorist must drive within the assured clear distance ahead. They hold that a motorist blinded by high beam headlights must either stop or proceed at such a speed that he can stop in time to avoid any object ahead. A driver who proceeds ahead when blinded and strikes an object may be found negligent, making him liable to one who was injured or damaged as a result of the collision, or precluding his recovery from the person who had negligently obstructed the road.

CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Febmoon1
Isn't that crazy! It's a request and I cannot even get an answer because of people like CR. I like your new post by the way. Very funny!

I looked at the original request and it is a very innocent and good question in my opinion if you want to choose to modify your car to make the driving experience more fun and safer for you. When driving on back roads or on highways alone at night to clarify for CR.
Why would I waste more time convincing a Guy who already was selfish and thoughtless enough to gave his driving lights set up to operate with his low beams that it's selfish and thoughtless?

Febmoon1
3rd Gear
It stinks because it is a good question which I am sure a lot of drivers would like to do.

Again before this is locked PM me the directions please!!!!

CR=

Old 07-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Who Is Liable For Auto Accidents Caused By Drivers Who Are Blinded By High Beams?

Liability in auto accidents caused by drivers blinded by high beams is generally determined by the rules of negligence. Determining liability often depends on the particular circumstances of the case, but courts sometimes differ on the rules they apply to these cases.

Some courts apply the rule that a motorist must drive within the assured clear distance ahead. They hold that a motorist blinded by high beam headlights must either stop or proceed at such a speed that he can stop in time to avoid any object ahead. A driver who proceeds ahead when blinded and strikes an object may be found negligent, making him liable to one who was injured or damaged as a result of the collision, or precluding his recovery from the person who had negligently obstructed the road.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
How about this one

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Pennsylvania ranks first among the top ten worst states for vehicle-deer collisions, according to an insurance survey published Thursday.
Citing claim statistics, auto insurer State Farm said that drivers in Pennsylvania experienced more deer collisions than any other state between July 1, 2004 and June 30, 2005.
State Farm estimates that 1.5 million vehicles collide with deer every year, resulting in 150 motorists deaths and $1.1 billion in vehicle damages.
With deer migrating and mating season occurring between October and December, the auto insurer says a higher number of deer are near roads this time of year.
Coming in second and third were Michigan and Illinois, followed by Ohio and Georgia. Minnesota and Virginia ranked sixth and seventh respectively, while Indiana, Texas and Wisconsin rounded out the list at eighth, ninth and tenth.
The insurance company said it based its rankings on the total number of deer-accident claims filed with State Farm and did not adjust for population.
The auto insurer says that attentive driving is still the best deterrent for such accidents.
In order to avoid such collisions, State Farm says drivers should use their high-beam headlights as much as possible to illuminate deer hiding on the side of the road and to not rely on car-mounted 'deer whistles,' which studies show not to affect the animal.
If a collision with a deer is unavoidable, according to the company, it is best not to swerve, which could increase the risk of injury and could cause you to lose control of your car.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
minime331
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
He's not off-roading. He's driving on public roads and wants his driving lights to come on with his low beams so he can see better. Again... he is asking for advice to help him but put others at risk.

His position is indefensible yet you keep trying.
CR i think you miss read the OP (not being rude) he want to have them on an independent circuit so that when he has his lows on he can switch his drivings on and off as he pleases so instead of getting your power from the high beams he can get the power from some other 12v source

Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Febmoon1
3rd Gear
Minime gets it! That is all I want now. Can anyone please post or PM me the way to make this happen???

Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
minime331
2nd Gear
if your have the oem lights i dont think you can make it be on a separate circuit because the chip in them is programed so that when you hit you high beams you have the opinion of turning on your driving lights or not having them on. let me look into is real quick.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
The op was given this info. Try contacting him.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by minime331
if your have the oem lights i dont think you can make it be on a separate circuit because the chip in them is programed so that when you hit you high beams you have the opinion of turning on your driving lights or not having them on. let me look into is real quick.
I hope you're right. But given his responses later in the thread, I don't think I misinterpreted his intent.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
I hope you're right.
Why? You said you were already right.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:00 PM
minime331
2nd Gear
i think what has happened is that he is new to the forum/ MINI and didnt fully know how to describe his question. i understand CR why you would be pissed when you read it does sound like as soon as his lows come on his driving comes on. but i think what he was asking was trying to put it on a separate circuit.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
+1^

Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 PM
minime331
2nd Gear
take a look at this
http://www.outmotoring.com/images/ho...Lights_902.pdf its how to install oem lights

if you really want to have your light on an IC ( independent circuit) look at 3rd party lights hella piaa... because they can run on there own circuit and get power from a 12v source no tapping into the fuse box, radio nothing like that that might need the highs to be on

Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by minime331
Incorrect. The only difference is how the relay is wired. In the OEM instructions, the relay is powered by the high beam wiring. To power them independently, you'd need only to power the relay by the parking light wiring.

The reason they are triggered by the high beams is that the stalk is close and easily actuated. If the lights are independent, you must move your hands from the steering wheel to wherever the switch is. For OEM, that's in the knee bolster, which can't be quickly turned off. Worst case is if you've got the high beams on, then you have to turn off both the high beams AND your independently wired driving lights. Nice for you, not so much for other drivers.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator

This is funny to you? So if you blind someone with your driving lights, they should slam on their brakes. Yeah, that's a riot.

Quick Reply: Electrical any way have driving lights with low beam?