Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical OBC only shows temp and mph?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
IndIMINICS
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBC only shows temp and mph?

It's been that way since I bought the car (used) a year ago. Anyway to enable the other features or is this a dealership fix?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Obc not enabled I think....it was an extra feeoption when the car was ordered.
I read some 3rd party shops (even some dealers) can flip the switch so to say and turn it on.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 PM
IndIMINICS
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So there is no need for additional hardware, it just needs to be programmed?

Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
WMW had a post a few weeks ago, told a person he could turn it on...mentioned another mini place out in AZ I think....also said some "friendly" dealers might do the same...
A few of the popular scan tools also can pull all the info and much more...one has a mount, and can basicly function as a set of guages and the obc....it is always getting sold as group buys and is heavily advertised....can't remember the name.
Not sure if there was a date that made all the cars obc capable...there were many changes that were progressively rolled out in mini's....

Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Carmichael
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
A few of the popular scan tools also can pull all the info and much more...one has a mount, and can basicly function as a set of guages and the obc....it is always getting sold as group buys and is heavily advertised....can't remember the name.
Not sure if there was a date that made all the cars obc capable...there were many changes that were progressively rolled out in mini's....
A ScanGauge?

I'm curious about the dealer programming of the OBC. I thought the function to display MPG, Range to Empty, etc. was done through a separate computer. This would actually be really nice to have.

What I'm not curious about is how much the f***ing dealerships around me will charge to enable that function. Bill Jacobs MINI charged me $128 to read my codes once!