Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical GAS GAUGE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:44 AM
PaulWalliDumali
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GAS GAUGE?

Hello,
I have a 2004 MCS, and i have a broken gas gauge. It was like a month or two ago, when i changed all my brake pads and after the installation, my gas gauge was not working. I don't know what the problem is, but im wondering if it is a minor fix or something serious. I want to get it fixed, but don't know what is a good deal to get it fixed. For example, when the car is off, the needles are dropped all the way down to a point when you cant see then, until you turn the key. So when i turn the key, the temperature needle gauge works fine, but the gas needle just moves up a little. It moves right under the empty line and just stays there. On the on board computer, everything works fine, except for the range, and average speed.

When i changed my brake pads, i didn't change my brake pad sensors. The sensor light went off, so i know i have to replace it in order to remove the light, but it seems like the sensor should work still. Im not too sure, but is there a way to check it. So, i just put the old sensors back on even if the light is still on. I don't know if this can contribute to the gas gauge problem, but maybe. So, i would appreciate any comments, advice, blah blah blah. I CAN REALLY USE THE HELP! THANKS!