Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

EIM at MITM 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EIM at MITM 2012

Just made my reservations at the Vintage Hotel in Winter Park for the MITM event this August...I'm excited to see how the MINI handles the mountains!

Last edited by wandrur; 04-02-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: EIM coordinator request
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am long overdue for a return trip to MITM. I want to attend in the worst way. Maybe we'll have a pair of Spice Orange MINIs making the trip.

[Note: I took the liberty of having the NAM mods change the title of this thread so that it is clearly an EIM discussion. We can make this our "official" event planning thread for MITM. Thanks for starting it MM!]

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
densan57
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
I am long overdue for a return trip to MITM. I want to attend in the worst way. Maybe we'll have a pair of Spice Orange MINIs making the trip.

[Note: I took the liberty of having the NAM mods change the title of this thread so that it is clearly an EIM discussion. We can make this our "official" event planning thread for MITM. Thanks for starting it MM!]
We're planning on attending. Colorado is our favorite state for travel.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
It would sure be fun to put together a contingent of EIM's to motor west! I love driving in the mountains and can't wait to see how the MINI handles in those hairpin turns that I so fondly remember.

Last edited by MeenieMom; 04-07-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Gil-galad
Just registered.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
05MINI
4th Gear
I just registered! Really looking forward to this

Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
Awesome!! The idea of driving across Nebraska by myself (even if it is in my MINI) sends shudders through my body! I hope we can figure out a way to caravan to Colorado...

I did, however, make reservations at the Vintage hotel arriving Aug 1 and departing the 6th so that may not be compatible with the rest of you. I wanted to give myself plenty of driving time.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 AM
densan57
2nd Gear
We're registered also. Don't have travel plans in place yet.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Gil-galad
Ya know what's crazy?

When I look at today's MITM 2012 Participant Map I already know and can picture the MINIs and the faces and names of every motorist represented by every "dot" within 200 miles of Des Moines.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 AM
05MINI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Ya know what's crazy?

When I look at today's MITM 2012 Participant Map I already know and can picture the MINIs and the faces and names of every motorist represented by every "dot" within 200 miles of Des Moines.

Me, too! I am still on a high from the Occupy Branson event but am looking forward to this so much! I need to figure out a way I can make a living driving my MINI to MINI events. That whole needing to work for a living puts a real crimp in my MINI motoring.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by 05MINI
I need to figure out a way I can make a living driving my MINI to MINI events. That whole needing to work for a living puts a real crimp in my MINI motoring.
Funny...I've had the exact same thought.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Gil-galad
Only 30 days left for MITM 2012 participant registration. My, how time flies. Iowa is already well represented, but as always, the more the merrier. Get cracking.

Be sure to check the MITM 2012 Website regularly for continuing updates.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
smieska
3rd Gear
Peggy and I are all set for MITM. We are planning to leave Wednesday and if anyone else is heading out Wednesday we would love to caravan with. Peggy got tickets to Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Red Rocks for Monday Aug 6th so we are staying a couple of extra days to make the concert. Looking forward to motoring the mountains and with the new S we hope to have less struggle keeping up with the group.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by smieska
Peggy and I are all set for MITM. We are planning to leave Wednesday and if anyone else is heading out Wednesday we would love to caravan with. Peggy got tickets to Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Red Rocks for Monday Aug 6th so we are staying a couple of extra days to make the concert.
Steve, I also plan on heading out west on Wednesday but since I'm five hours from Council Bluffs, I suspect you'll want to depart on your journey before I can get there. Perhaps my trusty V1 will allow me to close the gap as the day progresses. My reservations at WPR don't start until Thursday so I'll likely stay somewhere west of Denver on Wednesday night and drive up the rest of the way early Thursday. On Sunday I'm stopping at my sister's house in Ft. Collins and leaving there for the return trip on Monday morning.

Originally Posted by smieska
Looking forward to motoring the mountains and with the new S we hope to have less struggle keeping up with the group.
You may become infatuated with the extra power but now you'll have a new worry -- sunburn!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
smieska
3rd Gear
We have no definite plans as of yet but took Wednesday off so we could get part way out on Wed and finish up the trip to WP on Thursday morning also. Im not sure what time checkin is but there will probably have to be a car wash worked in from the bugs across Nebraska. Do you have a planned departure time you are leaving Eastern Iowa? Like you said we could either takie our time and wait for you to catch up or meet you somewhere along the way. Do you have a destination in mind for Wednesday? Im sure your mind is on MTTS right now but if you come up with a plan for MITM let us know. If anyone is looking for a place to stay the night on your trek from Des Moinse to Lincoln for MTTS we are only an hour from Lincoln and have a spare bedroom available. Just let us know.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
densan57
2nd Gear
They have a car wash set up at the MITM at Winter Park! We don't have definite plans, but probably will be leaving either Tuesday or Wednesday. See you all there on Thursday, if not before.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Gil-galad
My plan is to leave home ~5:30 am on Wednesday. That probably means I'll be circumnavigating Des Moines ~9:00 am and passing Council Bluffs about ~11:00 am (depending on how hard I push it ). I have hotel reservations for Wed night in Wheat Ridge (just west of Denver) which G-Maps advertises as a 14-hour trip. We'll just see about that.

Thursday morning I'll get up and make the last hour's drive to WP, hopefully to be one of the first at the MITM complementary car wash.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:32 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
I plan on leaving Wednesday, also. Looks like it is going to be a 14 hour drive!! Holy cow! Maybe I should leave Tuesday and spend the night somewhere in Nebraska.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Gil-galad
For all of you EIMers who've been on the fence about joining the fun out in Colorado, please note that registration closes on July 15th -- that's just a little over a week away!

Here's where to do the deed:

http://minisinthemountains.com/

The State of Iowa is going to be well represented this year.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:04 PM
05MINI
4th Gear
We are leaving at 9:00pm Wednesday night and driving straight through. Really looking forward to this event!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=05MINI;3545472]We are leaving at 9:00pm Wednesday night and driving straight through. Really looking forward to this event![/QUOTE

Wow! Load up the caffeine wagon!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:02 AM
05MINI
4th Gear
[quote=MeenieMom;3545497]
Originally Posted by 05MINI
We are leaving at 9:00pm Wednesday night and driving straight through. Really looking forward to this event![/QUOTE

Wow! Load up the caffeine wagon!
Gozer has 2 drivers so that makes it not so tough. Thursday night will probably be an early night for us though

Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
Just took a peek at the MITM OM...so many rides to choose from!!

Also, forgot about the whole altitude sickness thing...don't think I've had anything worse than a headache in the past, but I'm a wee bit older than I was last time I motored around the mountains.

Looks like there will be plenty of things for my daughter to do right around the hotel so I may be solo on a ride or two. Getting excited!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM
05MINI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MeenieMom
Just took a peek at the MITM OM...so many rides to choose from!!

Also, forgot about the whole altitude sickness thing...don't think I've had anything worse than a headache in the past, but I'm a wee bit older than I was last time I motored around the mountains.

Looks like there will be plenty of things for my daughter to do right around the hotel so I may be solo on a ride or two. Getting excited!
Me, too!!!!! It will be so much fun.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Gil-galad
I was surprised that the Poudre Canyon Drive was still listed in the OM. A lot of that route passes through areas that were burned out by the High Park Fire.

MITM is going to be so much fun. I predict that my work productivity is going to suffer greatly over the next two weeks...

Quick Reply: EIM at MITM 2012