Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

IOWA MINI's again

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 AM
D3m0N
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IOWA MINI's again

Just thinking we shouldn't let this die after our success with the opening of the Sonic in Coralville when and where would be a good next event for us all to get together.

I am up for any location in Iowa really so if we want to mix it up by going to a different city I am very cool with that as well.

Ideas?

(arround Lake Macbride) (lots of good roads and places to picnic)

(river road from Dubuque south to Bellevue) (good roads and plenty to do both in Bellevue and Dubuque)

These are just first thoughts please come up with more and maybe we can throw up a poll or some such thing?

Old 09-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Gil-galad
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a suggestion for everyone's consideration - I've actually been considering hooking up with the WI MINIs for this HHH run on the afternoon of Saturday, October 6th:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=104711

The details are contained in posts #1 and #20 in this linked thread.

Since the HHH run starts in Blue Mounds, WI at 2:00 pm, one additional thought might be a mid-morning rendezvous of Eastern Iowa MINIs in Dubuque for breakfast (might also be the chance to make a pitch for organizing more formally), then we could motor as a group to Blue Mounds to joint the larger group for HHH. It's only 65 miles if you take the direct route from Dubuque to Blue Mounds, so we would certainly have plenty of time to accommodate a more creative and fun route if there was enough interest.

I think the Chicago area MINIs are intersted in this event too, so it might end up being a fairly sizable and noteworthy gathering!

Let me know what y'all think of this...

Old 09-17-2007, 10:20 AM
D3m0N
I have to say that would work very well for me I plan on being there!!

Where would be a good location for breakfast in Dubuque?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Gil-galad
Okay, that makes two and counting!

I'm not a good source of information on what's available in Dubuque. Maybe one of the local MINIs will see this post and weigh in.

I will PM folks on the list of NAMers that I have and point them to this thread -- hopefully others can join us.

Can you get the message to your miniusa and Yahoo lists?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:41 AM
D3m0N
I will do what I can

Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm not sure if Ill be able to make this or not, alot going on in the next few weeks here. Off to Vegas than the Chicago MINI meet in Galena the 29th and I have a feeling we have something going on the 5th 6th, but that might be the MINI of Omaha meet, in any case we'll see what we can't do

Dubuque has a few little things to do, my wife is from there and spoke of a road called Roller Coaster Road not to far away in WI. Maybe the WI clan is planning a drive there no clue. In any case good luck. Grand Harbor area is a nice location and Brick Town has some great food in their Blackwater Grill

Last edited by R56MINICooper; 09-17-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
D3m0N
I didnt realize that the Omaha fall drive is on for that weekend I have posted it anyway to the Yahoo group but I know quite a few of them are going to Omaha. That being said with that event being an overnight and on the other side of the state maybe we will still pull a few Minis from the surrounding area to attend.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Gil-galad
Agree. There has to be a few folk on our side of the state that have an interest in a closer alternative...and I have to believe that the SW WI twisties and scenery this time of year will be hard to top...

Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 PM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by M!n!C00per
Hmm not sure if Ill be able to make this or not, alot going on in the next few weeks here. Off to Vegas than the Chicago MINI meet in Galena the 29th and I have a feeling we have something going on the 5th 6th, but that might be the MINI of Omaha meet, in any case we'll see what we can't do

Dubuque has a few little things to do, my wife is from there and spoke of a road called Roller Coaster Road not to far away in WI. Maybe the WI clan is planning a drive there no clue. In any case good luck. Grand Harbor area is a nice location and Brick Town has some great food in their Blackwater Grill
We're planning on the Galena overnight meet too. Made reservations at an old school Motor Inn! The info is some where here on this site .

Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by JPMM
We're planning on the Galena overnight meet too.

So JP, if you're going to Galena on 29/30 does that imply that we won't see you on the 6th?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 AM
D3m0N
Very few takers that I have heard of on this one...

Hopefully things pickup I know we are the same weekend as the Omaha event but heck were the other side of the state.

Anyone.....anyone...Bueller???

Old 09-22-2007, 12:48 PM
MariaChick
3rd Gear
Hello again.
We'll be at the Galena meet both nights for sure.
But I think that the 6th is the night after a home football game for me... one of the things about still being in high school
But if I am mistaken on the football game we will try to motor on up to Wisconsin and meet with some other Iowa MINIs somewhere in Iowa first?
Maybe we could do the HHH sometime else when another Iowa MINI gathering isn't going on and that way more MINIs could make it- just a suggestion

Last edited by MariaChick; 09-22-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:11 PM
D3m0N
well heres hoping you can make it

yes we are looking at breakfast in Iowa then heading over to WI so maybe you could just make it for a morning breakfast meeting

Old 09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Gil-galad
HHH Event - Here's Your Eastern IA MINI Planning Details

Okay! Calling all of our Eastern Iowa MINI friends!

We've finalized the details for our participation in the Madison MINIs' HHH Event on Saturday, October 6th. We'd especially like to invite those MINIs who aren't making the long trek to Omaha for the MINI Fall Tour. This will be a fun alternative for you.

Here's the Eastern Iowa MINIs timeline on October 6th:

10:00 am Rendezvous at the Dubuque Family Restaurant in Dubuque, IA (Menu and map at http://www.dubuquefamilyrestaurant.com/about.html)
10:15 am Leisurely breakfast; chat about initiative to form a local group
11:45 am Depart Dubuque for Blue Mounds, WI (via Mineral Point, Hollandale, and Daleyville, WI with slack time for optional pleasure stops along the way)
~1:45 pm Arrive Blue Mounds; time for break, finding a snack lunch, etc.
2:30 pm Other MINIs arrive from Madison, WI; rendezvous with them at Division St near intersection to Hwy ID in Blue Mounds
2:40 pm Commence HHH! (Route map is attached)
~4:30 pm Finish

The larger group may be making a group supper stop in the local area (venue TBD); we include this as an option for those who don't need to start motoring home right away. The motoring home plans will be ad hoc depending on your final destination and schedule.

The fall leaves in SW Wisconsin should be fast approaching their peak, so it should be an awesome run and a great chance to meet some new friends. Don't forget to lug your camera along.

Hope to see you in Dubuque on the 6th!

Last edited by Gil-galad; 10-10-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Man I wish I could make this but Im wiped out. Vegas last weekend Galena this weekend, I need a break! Hope you have a lot of fun and I look forward to pictures!

Im in Dubuque tonight ready to go to Galena tomorrow. I brought cameras this time so Ill make sure to take plenty of pictures and get them online for you all to view. See you at the meet Maria if youll be there!

later!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
francisk
6th Gear
I have attached the route for this drive
Hope it can help for planning your way back.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
MariaChick
3rd Gear
My dad is planning on being there for the breakfast in the morning, but probably won't go on HHH- he'd like to but Sadie, our dog, needs to be watched and he can't be two places at once- and Sadie doesn't get to ride in Marty But dad should be there to discuss starting an Eastern Iowa MINI Club/group, and he is looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Gil-galad
Really glad the Long Grove contingent will be represented. Looks like we'll have a small, core group of active and interested folk available at breakfast...should be fun!!

We'll see Marty et al. on Saturday morning!

Updated post...I was just looking thru the Galena pics on the Chicago Club thread and saw you and your Dad in Marty!!! Looks like you had some beautiful weather!

Last edited by Gil-galad; 10-01-2007 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Add'l related info
Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Gil-galad
Hi all -

Ran across this thread while browsing NAM this evening:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=115758

Looks like a neat potential candidate for a future Eastern IA MINIs event, once we get our act together and get our organization going.

Still hoping to see a bunch of you local MINI folk in Dubuque on Saturday (see earlier post for details)...

Motor on!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Gil-galad
Bump...with updated HHH route map attached and link to TwisySister's latest invitation -

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=111118

Motor on, Eastern IA MINIs!

Originally Posted by mineartg
Okay! Calling all of our Eastern Iowa MINI friends!

We've finalized the details for our participation in the Madison MINIs' HHH Event on Saturday, October 6th. We'd especially like to invite those MINIs who aren't making the long trek to Omaha for the MINI Fall Tour. This will be a fun alternative for you.

Here's the Eastern Iowa MINIs timeline on October 6th:

10:00 am Rendezvous at the Dubuque Family Restaurant in Dubuque, IA (Menu and map at http://www.dubuquefamilyrestaurant.com/about.html)
10:15 am Leisurely breakfast; chat about initiative to form a local group
11:45 am Depart Dubuque for Blue Mounds, WI (via Mineral Point, Hollandale, and Daleyville, WI with slack time for optional pleasure stops along the way)
~1:45 pm Arrive Blue Mounds; time for break, finding a snack lunch, etc.
2:30 pm Other MINIs arrive from Madison, WI; rendezvous with them at Division St near intersection to Hwy ID in Blue Mounds
2:40 pm Commence HHH! (Route map is attached)
~4:30 pm Finish

The larger group may be making a group supper stop in the local area (venue TBD); we include this as an option for those who don't need to start motoring home right away. The motoring home plans will be ad hoc depending on your final destination and schedule.

The fall leaves in SW Wisconsin should be fast approaching their peak, so it should be an awesome run and a great chance to meet some new friends. Don't forget to lug your camera along.

Hope to see you in Dubuque on the 6th!

Last edited by Gil-galad; 10-10-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 AM
TwistySister
4th Gear
I'm glad some of you are comming to WI for the Fall Colors Drive tomorrow afternoon. The weather forecast is excellent. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:19 AM
D3m0N
Sounds like it should be perfect weather all day. I will be there for the drive but since you guys are heading back to Madison for Biagi's I will probably not be making diner. (Unless you guys pick somewhere more local)

See you there

Old 10-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Gil-galad
My afternoon plans mirror those of D3m0N...currently planning to meet the group in Blue Mounds for the run and will bail out and head west at Cross Plains (assuming your return to Madison is still planned along US 14).

Looking forward to the day!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:17 PM
francisk
6th Gear
Pictures taken from today's drive.!