ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
ALTA_JOHNL
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)

Hey all!!
I would love to get EVERYONE'S feedback on our company!! If you have purchased from us directly in the past and had a great experience, or terrible experience, let us know about it! As with any company we are here for the customer FIRST! If there are things we are doing right/wrong please let us know! Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
robotrock
2nd Gear
Well I cancelled an order over 2 weeks ago and my refund has yet to be processed. That really makes me not want to order anything else in the future...

Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Hi Robotrock,
Our accounts receivable/payable clerk was out on vacation for a week (as you found out when you called). It is now first in line for return. Will be processed today!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by robotrock
Well I cancelled an order over 2 weeks ago and my refund has yet to be processed. That really makes me not want to order anything else in the future...
Originally Posted by ALTA_Jarid
Hi Robotrock,
Our accounts receivable/payable clerk was out on vacation for a week (as you found out when you called). It is now first in line for return. Will be processed today!
I just saw yours go through online. So check your e-mail and statement later today. Thanks for the business. Did you end up getting the coilovers that you mentioned in the cancellation notes? Hope you got what you needed!

Thanks again!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
pwsmini
Neutral
I just bought a C.A.I. kit and a Turbo boost hose kit last week. It came on time and works well.The instructions were a little dated for my 2008 r-56, but nothing I couldn't figure out. You may want a recommendation section to your web parts so we know what else we need like a air filter cleaner kit. Even what would be a good compliment to the mods. were purchasing. Overall very happy!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pwsmini
You may want a recommendation section to your web parts so we know what else we need like a air filter cleaner kit. Even what would be a good compliment to the mods. were purchasing. Overall very happy!
LOL we were talking about this exact thing Monday. Right now on the bottom of the screen there is a "customer also purchased" tab that toggles thru items that did just that. We are thinking about tagging that to "You might wanna get...."

Old 07-22-2009, 04:54 PM
TRuTH
2nd Gear
I bought a CAI a year ago, and dealt with Ken. He was great, the hose I ordered in black was on back order so I channged it to blue and Ken kicked down some extra stickers . Keep up the good work, and I always reccomend your CAI to all who ask.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
TRuTH: Thanks! Appreciate the feedback! Stay tuned!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM
mdrums
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_JOHNL
Hey all!!
I would love to get EVERYONE'S feedback on our company!! If you have purchased from us directly in the past and had a great experience, or terrible experience, let us know about it! As with any company we are here for the customer FIRST! If there are things we are doing right/wrong please let us know! Any and all feedback is appreciated!
I have never purchased anything from Alta and have not done any performance upgrades to my 09 MCS yet. However from reading this and another forum I am unsure I would want to buy Alta performance parts due to the issues I have read about on these forums. There seems to be a problem with fitment, durability and responce from Alta.

I do applaude you for this post and bringing this out in the open so obviously you do seem to care.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrums
I have never purchased anything from Alta and have not done any performance upgrades to my 09 MCS yet. However from reading this and another forum I am unsure I would want to buy Alta performance parts due to the issues I have read about on these forums. There seems to be a problem with fitment, durability and responce from Alta.

I do applaude you for this post and bringing this out in the open so obviously you do seem to care.
Thanks for the post. We DO care and always have. I started the company in 1996 because I had a passion for cars much in the same way you do for your MINI's.

From the start I have always stressed and modeled the importance of customer service, product quality and respect for the people that made our business what it is today, folks like you!

Any concerns with our products we have always addressed as soon as they were brought to our attention. Even the client above with the refund, brought it up, Jarid went and pulled it and we got him back his money immediately. Humans make mistakes and we are no exception. But we have always worked to resolution with every concern.

We have an overwhelming satisfaction rating from our clients. If we didn't we would have closed our doors a long time ago. Instead we are still going strong and Jarid is evidence that we are still hiring more employees to help with increased demand even "in this economy".

I ask that when you do start modding the 09, to give us a try. I know we will impress you!

Thanks again for the post! Have a great weekend!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
rcantu
2nd Gear
Well I can only say good things about Alta.

I purchased some Brisk sparkplugs and I thought were somehow the wrong size. After several emails it appeared that threads on my head was stripped and a helicoil was added. That helicoil came off on my existing plug and they advised me what to do.

Thanks Alta.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:54 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
I bought a CAI about a month ago or just over 600 miles. I love it. Got a boost in hp and torque and love the sound it gives off.

When I ordered it was on back order. I mentioned it somewhere on a thread. Adam was talking the same thread and noticed. He asked for my order info and got it shipped in the next day or two. I was happy waiting as they said it was only about a week or so. This puts them on top for customer service.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
We installed your catback exhaust on my Clubman S this past Wednesday. All went well until we tried to get everything lined up. We were unable to get the tips centered in the bumper openings and the same length out the back of the bumper. We spent about 90 mins and could not get it right. Is there a secret to getting everything lined up? On a positive note, the sound is good (a little louder and it would be perfect) and no drone.

Last edited by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose; 07-25-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by willsblackmini08
I bought a CAI about a month ago or just over 600 miles. I love it. Got a boost in hp and torque and love the sound it gives off.

When I ordered it was on back order. I mentioned it somewhere on a thread. Adam was talking the same thread and noticed. He asked for my order info and got it shipped in the next day or two. I was happy waiting as they said it was only about a week or so. This puts them on top for customer service.
Hey thanks! Again, I try to make myself as available as possible to help everyone I can. Sorry for any backorder, but I appreciate you being patient and that you enjoy the results now!

Chat soon and let me know if I can help in the future!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:40 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
We installed your catback exhaust on my Clubman S this past Wednesday. All went well until we tried to get everything lined up. We were unable to get the tips centered in the bumper openings and the same length out the back of the bumper. We spent about 90 mins and could not get it right. Is there a secret to getting everything lined up? On a positive note, the sound is good (a little louder and it would be perfect) and no drone.
Thanks for the business. The v-bands allow for a fair amount of adjustment, although in some cases it can't make it a bit challenging too. Easiest way to describe how to adjust it here, would be have one or two buddies help, loosen the entire system, like EVERYTHING, not remove clamps just loosen, including the connection to the stock downpipe. Then have your two buds, hold the mufflers in exactly the place you want them to be. Then start to tighten clamps moving forward on the car, finishing at the stock DP.

If that doesn't work, be sure the second piece of the straight section isn't mounted up-side down. Happens occasionally. If that is the case, loosen those clamps and rotate it into the right position.

If this doesn't work PLEASE, PLEASE call our tech line during business hours. ALTA_Jarid has one on his Clubby and did it at home not in our shop. He may be able to add some extra tips as well.

Have a great weekend!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:23 PM
call it spade
5th Gear
I love Alta. Every part I have ordered has been a perfect fit and has made an improvement on my car.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 AM
00zero
2nd Gear
I recently bought a 17% pulley, tensioner stop, plugs, and belt.

Then install went smoothly and the directions were spot on, though tightening torques for some of the oe parts would have been nice.

The concern that i have is i got a 060539 belt per your tables recommendation and after install i don't have any part of the the hole on the tensioner that would indicate good tensions (i read that half a hole or more indicates good tension) and i am concerned that the belt will slip in the future.

Do i need to replace the belt with at shorter one (060539)?

Everyone that i talked to was very nice and i plan on getting an intake shortly.

Thanks
Jonathan

Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 00zero
I recently bought a 17% pulley, tensioner stop, plugs, and belt.

Then install went smoothly and the directions were spot on, though tightening torques for some of the oe parts would have been nice.

The concern that i have is i got a 060539 belt per your tables recommendation and after install i don't have any part of the the hole on the tensioner that would indicate good tensions (i read that half a hole or more indicates good tension) and i am concerned that the belt will slip in the future.

Do i need to replace the belt with at shorter one (060539)?

Everyone that i talked to was very nice and i plan on getting an intake shortly.

Thanks
Jonathan
Thanks for asking. Sounds like you have the correct setup, but I am going to Pm you and Chris in our tech dept. to confirm things off forum. Thanks again for choosing ALTA!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 AM
KittyMini
3rd Gear
I haven't bought a lot from you guys........ yet.
But all of my questions have been answered immediately and have been very helpful

Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 AM
tgs91
4th Gear
Mostly what I hear is hard to install (read poorly engineered), customer service is slow, return policy is draconian.

From responses above some satisfied

Ain't gonna find out which side of the fence I would fall........Plenty of other MINI after market vendors that are much easier to do business with

Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KittyMini
I haven't bought a lot from you guys........ yet.
But all of my questions have been answered immediately and have been very helpful
Right on! Glad we are hitting the mark! Let me know if I can help specifically on your next mod!

Originally Posted by tgs91
Mostly what I hear is hard to install (read poorly engineered), customer service is slow, return policy is draconian.

From responses above some satisfied

Ain't gonna find out which side of the fence I would fall........Plenty of other MINI after market vendors that are much easier to do business with
Sorry you feel that way. I appreciate you pointing out that the information you are providing isn't from personal experience (you mention "what I hear".)

You might want to check out THIS THREAD that has a bunch of DIY's that Adam(ADAMSALTAMINI) wrote that are not only for ALTA parts, but even some OEM parts, and the suspension stuff could be used on a variety of cars. He also (even though he is the owner) spends a fair amount of his time helping this community, so we have a high level of customer service from the top on down!

The overwhelming majority of our clients are happy and before you swear us off on your list, give ME (Jarid) a try! Thank you for the post, and let me know when we can help further.

Thx folks!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Thanks for the business. The v-bands allow for a fair amount of adjustment, although in some cases it can't make it a bit challenging too. Easiest way to describe how to adjust it here, would be have one or two buddies help, loosen the entire system, like EVERYTHING, not remove clamps just loosen, including the connection to the stock downpipe. Then have your two buds, hold the mufflers in exactly the place you want them to be. Then start to tighten clamps moving forward on the car, finishing at the stock DP.

If that doesn't work, be sure the second piece of the straight section isn't mounted up-side down. Happens occasionally. If that is the case, loosen those clamps and rotate it into the right position.

If this doesn't work PLEASE, PLEASE call our tech line during business hours. ALTA_Jarid has one on his Clubby and did it at home not in our shop. He may be able to add some extra tips as well.

Have a great weekend!
Which way is upside down? The end piece of the resonator is pointing up and the bent end piece for the second straight piece connects to that.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
Which way is upside down? The end piece of the resonator is pointing up and the bent end piece for the second straight piece connects to that.
Thanks for the post. Hard to describe via text here. Can you PM me your daytime tel# and I can call you tomorrow when I get back to the office, or can you call 503-222-MINI and speak to Chris / Adam / Jeff? I want you to get the answer you need ASAP!

Thanks again!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
rwkeating
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The direction (what side is up?) that the resonator is installed should be included in the instructions. That would be an improvement. Although you will be contacting the poster, please post the reply here so we can know too. I doubt I'll be uninstalling mine and flipping it around (if it is in wrong), but it would be nice to know the answer anyway. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
I did not see anything about the location of the parts except the first piece after the cat.

Quick Reply: ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)