ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol, you are far from the "99%" range my friend. Once again, if you didn't like the fit as you were installing it, why did you? That is like having a size 11 foot and buying a size 9 shoe because they didn't have your size.

Whatever.... Still sounds to me that it all falls on how you installed the products.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
djthomp
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll agree to disagree. I stand by my assertions and observations. My guidance is for consumers to just google/ search "problems with Alta" before you buy. Also check with the better business bureau. My recommendation is "DON'T buy ALTA."

Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Syco R53
3rd Gear
Jarid at ALTA was very helpful in getting a set of Alta rear lower control arms out to me overnight. He also helped suggest local dealers for me that might have the product in stock. It was a positive customer service experience for me.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djthomp
I'll agree to disagree. I stand by my assertions and observations. My guidance is for consumers to just google/ search "problems with Alta" before you buy. Also check with the better business bureau. My recommendation is "DON'T buy ALTA."

OK, I'll bite (as usual).... Ummm I Google what you said and there wasn't anything even on the FIRST page of the results that was linked to Alta and MINI's.

As for the BBB, they are a joke and most people know this. They are NOT a gov entity but rather a charity driven entity that doesn't work and a company is not required to deal with them. On their site, Alta had a whopping 8 (out of THOUSANDS of sales) complaints... They are rated at an F because the company failed to respond to the BBB, not the customer so I fail, once again, to see where your arguments are just. It seems to me that you simply like to bash the company because you didn't get your way. Kind of pathetic actually.

I want to say this for everyone else to read. As of late it may seem that I am cheerleading for Alta. To a point, yes, I have but there is a reason. I have no problems with people going after a company but it needs and should be for the right reasons and using common sense. Does Alta get it right every time? No, they are human, but I do think that they at least make an effort and that counts. Customers like the one above will simply complain for the sake of complaining. Frankly if he didn't want codes tossed he shouldn't have modded his car. It is a risk that we take when we move something from a baseline.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I have a problem with crank pulley, the belt is getting marks on the outside
my car has about 42k mile

Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Thirsty Fire
I have a problem with crank pulley, the belt is getting marks on the outside
my car has about 42k mile
Hi Thirsty,
Not too sure what the issue is here, can you give us a bit more info? Is the pulley new or been on for a while? What year is your car and is it a Cooper or S? I wouldn't think the pulley would put marks on the outside of the belt as the pulley touches the inside of the belt. Any pictures of the marks?

Last edited by ALTA_Jarid; 01-26-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I have mini r56 S 2007, the shop installed the pulley today switched the engine for testing, they think there is a problem either on belt or the pulley because the belst for some reason is not getting right on the pulley.

What do you think?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Is the belt coming off? If so maybe it was bolted on backwards? A pic would definitely help.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I took this picture today I'll try to get clear one ASAP

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/...29f03778_o.jpg

Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Can you see the writing on the pulley? How long has it been on the car?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I can see the writing it says Alta R56 on it and it's been installed for one day only

Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
I can see the writing it says Alta R56 on it and it's been installed for one day only
Give me a call 503-693-1702. Thanks!
Jarid

Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
s00perc00per
2nd Gear
I guess I've been pretty fortunate! The only problem I've had with Alta is my somehow my shipping address always gets messed up. Other than that, everything I've ordered has been as described (garage sale/clearance/new). I've purchased directly from them and through their vendors. Everything has been perfect. My stubby antenna, 15% pulley, dr12s plugs, tensioner stop, and my latest purchase, is the last alta light bar that I magically found on their facebook fan page at the most perfect timing. Alta has been more than helpful on several occasions for me, and has even helped my mechanic (it was his first time installing a pulley on a mini and asked what the average charge was... and PS you should have said LESS!!!!). Thank you Alta

Justin

Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
speedmini
1st Gear
I have made purchases from ALTA and I have not had any issues and I was extremely satisfied with my purchases and the delivery time. Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I've purchased slot of things from ALTA and I'm satisfied with all and I'm sure it's a human error during the installation.

Anyway I'm looking for a clear installation instruction.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Richieb0y28
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So far I've purchased the Stubby antenna, Cold air intake, and Turbo inlet hardpipe....I've had no issues with Alta. They were very helpful when I called them for a quick explanation while installing the intake and hardpipe. Thanks guys!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by s00perc00per
I guess I've been pretty fortunate! The only problem I've had with Alta is my somehow my shipping address always gets messed up. Other than that, everything I've ordered has been as described (garage sale/clearance/new). I've purchased directly from them and through their vendors. Everything has been perfect. My stubby antenna, 15% pulley, dr12s plugs, tensioner stop, and my latest purchase, is the last alta light bar that I magically found on their facebook fan page at the most perfect timing. Alta has been more than helpful on several occasions for me, and has even helped my mechanic (it was his first time installing a pulley on a mini and asked what the average charge was... and PS you should have said LESS!!!!). Thank you Alta

Justin
CONGRATS on the light bar Justin! It pays to be a fan of ALTA on Facebook! LOL

Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I've changed the belt and everything is fine now. the pulley is great I can feel the difference now.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:26 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ordered my pulley from Chris over at Alta and I have yet to have any problems .... Just watch my sig get flooded with Alta parts. Now if they could hurry up with the turbo upgrade....

Old 01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
hexmonkey
1st Gear
Has anybody else noticed that the secure certificate on the site is expired as of last October?

Also the captcha on the "Contact Us" form is broken, and one of the names on the page bounces all email.

Did they fire their web admin?

Attached Thumbnails ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)-certfail.gif  
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
ACallahan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I noticed it and told them about it, was told they would be fixing it. I would not make a purchase from them online untill it is taken care of. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 AM
Thirsty Fire
1st Gear
I've installed H&R springs, sway bar and links.

Outmotoring suggested to install rear links in both front an rear, so I did now I have a clanking noise in front when I hit any rough bumps most of the time while I hear nothing if the bumps are small.

What do you think guys?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
I've changed the belt and everything is fine now. the pulley is great I can feel the difference now.
SWEET! Glad that all worked out a-ok!

Originally Posted by BlckJCWGhst
Ordered my pulley from Chris over at Alta and I have yet to have any problems .... Just watch my sig get flooded with Alta parts. Now if they could hurry up with the turbo upgrade....
Right on! We certainly appreciate the business and the push on the turbo!

Originally Posted by hexmonkey
Has anybody else noticed that the secure certificate on the site is expired as of last October?

Also the captcha on the "Contact Us" form is broken, and one of the names on the page bounces all email.

Did they fire their web admin?
Originally Posted by ACallahan
I noticed it and told them about it, was told they would be fixing it. I would not make a purchase from them online untill it is taken care of. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks guys. Couple data points. We have a NEW site that was intended to be launched in November. We pushed that back, but didn't want to buy another cert that would be needless with the new site. REGARDLESS we should have updated it at the end of the year. So our bad. BUT and this is a big BUTT we are a known company here and online. If you don't feel comfortable online, you can always pick up the phone or e-mail us to place that order, OR contact one of our dealers. WE will always be a safe place to purchase online and in person.

Again, both should be resolved today, tomorrow or wednesday. Thanks again!

I've installed H&R springs, sway bar and links.

Outmotoring suggested to install rear links in both front an rear, so I did now I have a clanking noise in front when I hit any rough bumps most of the time while I hear nothing if the bumps are small.

What do you think guys?
Did you install a new front bar as well? Also, double check the lengths and part numbers front and rear. Not a common problem, so a couple things should be checked and the problem resolved easily. IF you can't find the culprit, PLEASE use our tech dept tech@ALTAPerformance.com or 503-693-1702

Have a GREAT February everyone!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
mikenacarato
2nd Gear
got my intake, install was relatively easy and went well. thanks alta!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
tedbone72P
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the FMIC used so I can't comment on customer service or any aspects of the ordering, paying, etc. However, what I can comment on is the product itself. I installed it myself and the breakdown and removal of the stock intercooler is simple. When I tried to place the Alta IC I noticed that it dosen't fit. I'm not talking about some of the cuttng that's involved(which there is and if I didn't on a dremel I would have had a harder time) but the connection on the passenger side is at an angle and the IC wasn't. I was wondering why they didn't make it with the correct angle so that the install is smoother and not have to try and cram the intercooler hard enough to get the hoses to reach enough to clamp down the hoses securely enough not to worry about them popping off. I bought the IC for $300 and plan on selling it and geting one that fits correctly.

Performance is good and can really feel a difference above 3K rpms. Buri worry more than I like about one of the hoses popping off.

Quick Reply: ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)