ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
oldcracker
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
It is from PRIMA. It will be on our site ASAP! Thanks for asking!
cool! when will you guys have them in stock?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
drsilvermini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only bought a couple of things from you guys, the prosport gauges, Alta gauge holder, and your 2.5" exhaust. A couple of comments:

1.The gauges are great and I get compliments every time someone looks at them. I recently drove another Mini without them and it felt weird with no gauges.
2. I love the exhaust, I love the one sided design, I love the sound, but unfortunately what I don't love is the resonator dying on me as well as not fitting dead even through the exhaust hole in the bumper, so my mechanic ended up welding a metal bracket from the exhaust to the battery box, its not that bad I just wish that it would be straight and wouldn't wobble around from the beginning instead of having to now shave some of the plastic down because it melted a little bit from the exhaust. I also started to get a strange rattle from the exhaust a couple months ago and thought it was the pre cat on my header. So I swapped my header but the noise was still there and got worse as time went on. As I researched a little bit I found that this is not an uncommon problem as well as the fitment not an uncommon problem. So I called you guys a couple weeks ago and customer service couldn't have been better, I got through right away got help with my problem right away, but unfortunately found out there was only a one year warranty on the exhaust and I have had it for about 2 years now. I got a great price on the exhaust piece but I feel like it shouldn't have died after only 2 years on my stock header. I know you have now switched to a different exhaust design, but I am worried the other resonator/muffler is going to deteriorate. So overall I'm not too happy about the maintenance on the exhaust but understand with modding cars things like this happen. I do want to commend you on your customer service though, it is top notch.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by drsilvermini
I have only bought a couple of things from you guys, the prosport gauges, Alta gauge holder, and your 2.5" exhaust. A couple of comments:

1.The gauges are great and I get compliments every time someone looks at them. I recently drove another Mini without them and it felt weird with no gauges.
2. I love the exhaust, I love the one sided design, I love the sound, but unfortunately what I don't love is the resonator dying on me as well as not fitting dead even through the exhaust hole in the bumper, so my mechanic ended up welding a metal bracket from the exhaust to the battery box, its not that bad I just wish that it would be straight and wouldn't wobble around from the beginning instead of having to now shave some of the plastic down because it melted a little bit from the exhaust. I also started to get a strange rattle from the exhaust a couple months ago and thought it was the pre cat on my header. So I swapped my header but the noise was still there and got worse as time went on. As I researched a little bit I found that this is not an uncommon problem as well as the fitment not an uncommon problem. So I called you guys a couple weeks ago and customer service couldn't have been better, I got through right away got help with my problem right away, but unfortunately found out there was only a one year warranty on the exhaust and I have had it for about 2 years now. I got a great price on the exhaust piece but I feel like it shouldn't have died after only 2 years on my stock header. I know you have now switched to a different exhaust design, but I am worried the other resonator/muffler is going to deteriorate. So overall I'm not too happy about the maintenance on the exhaust but understand with modding cars things like this happen. I do want to commend you on your customer service though, it is top notch.
Thank you for the honest feedback! We do appreciate it. Can you PM me a few details about the exhaust? Like where it was purchased, etc.? I might have a bit better news for you.

ALSO for the group: I have an announcement coming soon on exhaust systems and warranty. I will post shortly! Thanks again NAM!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 AM
drsilvermini
4th Gear
Thank you for the honest feedback! We do appreciate it. Can you PM me a few details about the exhaust? Like where it was purchased, etc.? I might have a bit better news for you.

ALSO for the group: I have an announcement coming soon on exhaust systems and warranty. I will post shortly! Thanks again NAM!
pm sent

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by drsilvermini
pm sent
Got it thank you!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Josh P.
2nd Gear
Alta has been nothing but great for me. Quick shipping, great products! I ordered a CAI and Shorty Antenna, and they came in yesterday. I installed them today and the sound is just what I wanted. The products are worth every penny! Jarid kept in constant contact with me throughout the deal, I would definitely recommend, and do business with again!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-new-mini.html

A few pics of my order.

Last edited by Josh P.; 08-19-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 AM
ALTA_JOHNL
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Josh P.
Alta has been nothing but great for me. Quick shipping, great products! I ordered a CAI and Shorty Antenna, and they came in yesterday. I installed them today and the sound is just what I wanted. The products are worth every penny! Jarid kept in constant contact with me throughout the deal, I would definitely recommend, and do business with again!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-new-mini.html

A few pics of my order.
Thanks Josh! Thats what I am here for!! Glad to see your MINI is ALTA'fied!! OOPS by the way this IS Jarid in John's office...Ha!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess I should vent here...

I know Alta makes great products, which I highly respect. Their products are top notch and are great. But when it comes to customer service, it can be a bit sketchy...

Back up to about 8 months ago. When I ordered my CAI with a gift certificate. I remember e-mailing 3 different people and waiting weeks before I get a reply. I remember calling in to order after and was told the CAI V2.0 was backordered. Waited another week and finally was able to place a order. But then I didn't get any shipping info. so I had to call back again and place the order again with someone higher up. Then a week later I finally got my stuff. Ordering can be frustrating but the product is worth the wait. I still have the Alta V.2. CAI in my MINI and I love it every day.

Fast forward to now... My cousin just brought a brand new 09 MCS. Instantly he placed a hefty order with Alta on the Father's Day sale. He purchased a Alta CAI, a stealth exhaust and a set of H&R coil overs. The exhaust was backordered, which can be understandable. The Alta CAI came all together and was installed. The H&R coil overs however was the R53 Coil overs missing the R56 adapter pieces as well as a missing plastic ring. Our mechanic called to Alta and Alta literally told us to reach H&R because it's H&R who made the mistake. But my mechanic talked to the rep for a bit and was able to convince Alta to ship the missing parts. Alta shipped the part, and we got in installed.

Fast forward to this week... Alta gets us the stealth exhaust. Awesome stuff. Great finish. Well made product. Again however, when it came to the install, missing parts again...

Alta, I really like your products. Your products are top notch and I highly refer you guys to other MINI owners. But the customer service end, and the missing parts are starting to drive us up the wall.

Vent over.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate you love and support for ALTA and our products. I know it can be frustrating when your (cousin's) car is in the shop...getting ready install a part....and theres something missing. It stinks! I actually took the call this AM from the shop your cousin's car is at and am shipping out the coupler overnight. I know this doesn't make much of a difference today but I hope it helps a bit. Going forward PLEASE let me know if I can be of any more help and I will Personally get you taken care of! I started this thread to see what ALTA needs to work on..And trust me we refine things here on a daily basis. Much thanks for everyone on this thread!!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 AM
SAL Meringolo
Neutral
I just gotta say I've purchased a bunch of stuff from Alta, exhaust, plugs (Brisk), pulley, wires, etc. The service has been excellent from order to delivery. All the folks up there have a great attitude, and are true professionals
'Nuff Said

Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM
koitus
2nd Gear
I jusrt went to the Alta site, and I couldn't find any exhausts listed, only a V clamp. Did I miss something, or did you stop selling exhausts? I also noticed taht Moss Mini stopped listing the Stealth exhaust on their site (though I was able to find it by searching).

I ask because I'm ordering a new Mini in the next week, and the first thing I want to add to it is a Stealth exhaust. Please tell me it was just a glitch on your site, or I'm an idiot and wasn't going to the correct place.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Hi koitus,
Yup all the exhaust systems are up and running. The exhaust you are looking for should be here...
Stealth Exhaust R56
Please let me know if we can be of more help! Congrats on your new MINI!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 AM
koitus
2nd Gear
Thanks, Jarid! BTW, do you know how much the stealth system weighs?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Hmmm... The cat back (without downpipe) is about 50ish pounds!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
LetsMotorR53
2nd Gear
i ordered an intake tube for my R53 on 8/3/09. i recieved an email on the 5th telling me that the expected ship date was the 14th. So after waiting a week after the 14th, i called and they told me it was on backorder. i called again around the 24th and they told me it would ship NEXT friday. I dont really mind the waiting TOO much, its just that throughout this whole ordeal, i never recieved an email about any of my order or shipping status. however im sure it will get here asap.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
ED955S
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Foam Filter Sale

Alta,

I have an Ultrik CAI with washable K&N cone paper filter and would like to try your foam filter from your CAI kit but I do not see it as being sold as filter only in your website. Do you sell it seperately? I know that you do sell the foam filter for JCW. If yes, how much? Mine is R53 MCS.

ED955S

Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LetsMotorR53
i ordered an intake tube for my R53 on 8/3/09. i recieved an email on the 5th telling me that the expected ship date was the 14th. So after waiting a week after the 14th, i called and they told me it was on backorder. i called again around the 24th and they told me it would ship NEXT friday. I dont really mind the waiting TOO much, its just that throughout this whole ordeal, i never recieved an email about any of my order or shipping status. however im sure it will get here asap.
Thanks for the purchase and the feedback. We should be keeping you in the loop and those measures and procedures are in place, so I want to dig into your specific order. Can you please PM me the details (inv# etc.) so I can check on it.

Originally Posted by ED955S
Alta,

I have an Ultrik CAI with washable K&N cone paper filter and would like to try your foam filter from your CAI kit but I do not see it as being sold as filter only in your website. Do you sell it seperately? I know that you do sell the foam filter for JCW. If yes, how much? Mine is R53 MCS.

ED955S
Thanks for asking. We do offer the filter separately for sure. The cost would be $49.99. but can I get the ID of the opening and the length of the one you have now to confirm the ALTA one will fit?

Feel free to PM me!

Thanks again folks!

Old 09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Ren2003MCS
1st Gear
I just purchased and installed an Alta V.2 CAI with box top and red silicone hose. I also got the Alta 15% pulley and some Brisk plugs along with the tensioner stop and new belt, as well as the pulley removal tool. I already own my own pullers so I only needed the pulley clamp.
The quality of everything was great and the install went well. The CAI should have come with 1 more clamp. It only comes with two large clamps and should have three. 1 for the connection from the silicone hose to the throttle body (included), 1 for the connection of the silicone hose to the airbox (included) and 1 for the the connection between the front fresh air hose at the grill to the lower fresh air intake of the airbox. (not included) Luckily I've got tons of clamps laying around.

I purchased the parts via telephone so I could pick them up in person being that I travel to Portland from Salem for work quite often. The price was outstanding with the 20% off discount code on their website.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Ren2003MCS: THANK YOU for the business and the feedback!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
adrianr
3rd Gear
Thank you very much for purchasing the Konig Bump wheels from us. Your pictures do work for our promotional purposes. You now have a credit of $40.00 at alta performance on memo # a number here :P.
So i have this 40 dollars how do i use them in the website or how does this work?
Im looking to buy Ignition Upgrade Package - AMP-IGN-102 MSD ROUND DR12S with the 20% off and this $40

Old 09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by adrianr
So i have this 40 dollars how do i use them in the website or how does this work?
Im looking to buy Ignition Upgrade Package - AMP-IGN-102 MSD ROUND DR12S with the 20% off and this $40
Simply give us a call tomorrow. Have the information from the instore credit handy and anyone can help you with the order. Not applicable through the website.

Thanks again!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by koitus
Thanks, Jarid! BTW, do you know how much the stealth system weighs?
Originally Posted by ALTA_Jarid
Hmmm... The cat back (without downpipe) is about 50ish pounds!
Just to clarify. The entire Cat-Back with packaging is 34 lbs.

Thank you!

Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
ED955S
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the purchase and the feedback. We should be keeping you in the loop and those measures and procedures are in place, so I want to dig into your specific order. Can you please PM me the details (inv# etc.) so I can check on it.

Thanks for asking. We do offer the filter separately for sure. The cost would be $49.99. but can I get the ID of the opening and the length of the one you have now to confirm the ALTA one will fit?

Feel free to PM me!

Thanks again folks!
I just ordered from your sister group Perrin (ID 2.75 inches Foam Cone Filter) last Friday. I wish I had the 20% discount promo that you have now instead of the 18% @ Perrin.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ED955S
I just ordered from your sister group Perrin (ID 2.75 inches Foam Cone Filter) last Friday. I wish I had the 20% discount promo that you have now instead of the 18% @ Perrin.
PERRIN is a separate division and as such discounts are different there. Thanks for the order!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
tfuhst
2nd Gear
Havent had any problems with orders with Alta, but i just placed an order saturday and havent got a email notifying me that it has been shipped.
I also emailed ya'll about my zip code which i had put in wrong.
Maybe iam just inpatient but just looking for a response.
Thanks

Quick Reply: ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)