Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Magnaflow owners -- WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 07:24 AM
chris@helix
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As our good friend Andy has pointed out two times , we need not quess @ what the cause of the warning light is. Next time you are @ your dealer have them run the fault codes. The ECU will store all of them for you. Isn't technology grand!

Old 03-19-2003, 09:21 AM
efcmini
4th Gear
Just want to clear this up...I'm as happy as hell with my Magnaflow and "almost" as happy that page 3 of this thread fits in my screen (unlike page 2).

Now if my intake would just arrive...

Old 03-19-2003, 11:15 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chirs,

What's weird is that it doesn't seem to always store these "sporadic" fault codes. I have had the same issue with the S here - a DSC and tire warning light flashing, and a check engine and EBC (I think that's the right name of the light); separated incidents, not seemingly related to anything in particular, but when we ran the check for fault codes - nada. Just rebooting the car fixed both issues, and I have not had any recurrences. I have heard similar stories from around the country.

Hope that helps!

Old 03-19-2003, 01:31 PM
RomhoG
2nd Gear
Randy, are you still thinking about making a Quad exhaust at your shop? I really think there is a market waiting to be tapped on that design for the S. I have seen a few nice ones for the Cooper. You should do it! :smile:

Old 03-19-2003, 01:32 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have deliberately caused fault codes, both ones that set off the Check Engine lamp and ones that haven't. All have shown up in the diagnostics interrogations. Some fault codes may erase themselves after a certain number of fault-free driving cycles, but I guarantee you any time an error lamp comes on, a fault code is in the system.

Old 03-19-2003, 01:38 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
They must be resetting then. The last time I had it checked at the dealer, it had been several days, maybe even a couple of weeks since the lat error had occurred.

Old 03-19-2003, 04:07 PM
jceviche
2nd Gear
Just want to say thanks to RandyBMC for an excellent customer service. I placed my order for a Magnaflow on Monday morning received the same on Tuesday @ 10:00 AM. Upon arriving home from work I installed the system and I was driving around in the neighborhood in the evening enjoying the sound of the new exhaust system. I'm totally happy with the result as I had expected.

Cheers,
jceviche

Old 03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
jceviche
2nd Gear
itsthedirtybird wrote

>>anyone in San Diego have a magnaflow I can listen to?

I just installed Magnaflow last night and it sounded very good. Send me an email if you want to get together for a test drive or see you at Fallbrook MINI meet this Saturday Mar 22, 2003.

Cheers,
jceviche

Old 03-19-2003, 04:56 PM
katnkevin
2nd Gear
>>itsthedirtybird wrote
>>
>>>>anyone in San Diego have a magnaflow I can listen to?
>>
>>I just installed Magnaflow last night and it sounded very good. Send me an email if you want to get together for a test drive or see you at Fallbrook MINI meet this Saturday Mar 22, 2003.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>jceviche
>>

John,

Good for you, I knew you would not be disappointed, especially after hearing mine last weekend. Believe me, it sounds even better once it "Sets-in" after a few hundred miles. Heard a rumor you might be getting a few Minis together up near Oceanside this weekend?? Send me a private message if somethings up, got my new Konigs put on last night, everytime I went out to my car at work today there was a small congregation checking it out. Will post pic in the wheel section soon.

Kevin
[img]null[/img]

Old 03-19-2003, 05:03 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
>>Just want to say thanks to RandyBMC for an excellent customer service. I placed my order for a Magnaflow on Monday morning received the same on Tuesday @ 10:00 AM. Upon arriving home from work I installed the system and I was driving around in the neighborhood in the evening enjoying the sound of the new exhaust system. I'm totally happy with the result as I had expected.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>jceviche

Thanks! I'm really glad to hear you are happy with MINI-Motorsport. Let me know if I can help you out with anything else - even if it's just advice

Randy