Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain possible leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Minifiend
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible leak

After pulling my car out of the garage today I noticed a big YELLOW trail. I have a red brick/clay botton on my garage and this yellow color definitely stood out. The yellow substance had no smell. No engine lights are on. Definitely not oil. I don't know what the tranny fluid, coolent, break, or hydraulic fluid looks like, so could it possibly be one of those? Car runs fine. Here in Tucson , AZ its 100+ every day and I constantly run the AC. I ran the car, pulled it back in, and the only thing I could see dripping was from the AC in the front of the car, but it looked and smelled like water. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
tranny juice is reddish pink, coolant is blue-green, break is kinda clear but has some tint to it not yellow though, hydraulic might byellow but not sure if U' have a lot of pollen there it might make ac water yellow?? if its not oily in feel ,U might rule it out as head light or wiper juice or ac water?? coolant smells sweet!
Originally Posted by mathewweiss
After pulling my car out of the garage today I noticed a big YELLOW trail. I have a red brick/clay botton on my garage and this yellow color definitely stood out. The yellow substance had no smell. No engine lights are on. Definitely not oil. I don't know what the tranny fluid, coolent, break, or hydraulic fluid looks like, so could it possibly be one of those? Car runs fine. Here in Tucson , AZ its 100+ every day and I constantly run the AC. I ran the car, pulled it back in, and the only thing I could see dripping was from the AC in the front of the car, but it looked and smelled like water. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 08-26-2005, 12:03 AM
gjpundsack
2nd Gear
I suspect its really water from A/C condensation and appears yellow because of your floor surface.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Minifiend
4th Gear
Thanks

Originally Posted by gjpundsack
I suspect its really water from A/C condensation and appears yellow because of your floor surface.
Thats what I hoped as well, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Jdewey
4th Gear
Yellow Puddle

Some brands / types of coolant are yellow. I don't remember what color was in my MINI when I got it.

John