Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Got it installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:33 AM
MINIAACK
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it installed

I got the shrick cam installed today. The first thing I noticed was how smooth the car runs. It has a lot smoother top end rev and even low end is smoother. My car was cursed with the hesitation at 3K which is also gone. I am completley happy with the setup. for next week, I will have the OBX headers installed and also remap the MTH. Thanx to Steve's Auto Clinic All the mods was the right ones the first time

Last edited by MINIAACK; 08-06-2005 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-06-2005, 07:54 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
who did ur port work? what software do u' have currently (stock)

OBX.... will it have a cat?
yea that cam will kick some ****.
Originally Posted by MINIAACK
I got the shrick cam installed today. The first thing I noticed was how smooth the car runs. It has a lot smoother top end rev and even low end is smoother. My car was cursed with the hesitation at 3K which is also gone. I am completley happy with the setup. for next week, I will have the OBX headers installed and also remap the MTH. Thanx to Steve's Auto Clinic All the mods was the right ones the first time

Old 08-06-2005, 07:59 AM
MINIAACK
1st Gear
Steve at Steve's Auto clinic did the port work. I originally had the catback and 19% pulley. I took it to steve, He installed the MTH 400cc injectors and did the port work. It made a HUGE diffrence. The low end power it made was amazing. completeley diffrent car. Know the cam has more improvements on that. I cant beleive how much smoother the motor is through the whole RPM range. The precat will be removed with the OBX header.

Last edited by MINIAACK; 08-06-2005 at 08:24 AM. Reason: speeling
Old 08-06-2005, 09:20 AM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds real nice Miniaack!

Looks like you have done some nice things to your car.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:17 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
watsup onasled! do U' think that pss9's will be overkill for the street? it will be my 1st mod on suspention xept for tower brace.( i know how U' feel bout strut braces but i like the feel i get from it you can see on the tower were it has some wear on the paint due to that brace beign there so im kind of sold on them)

Originally Posted by onasled
Sounds real nice Miniaack!

Looks like you have done some nice things to your car.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have nothing against FRONT strut braces and I will most likely end up with one myself. It's that rear thing that makes little sence to me. I can see that it would hold the sides of the car together, but it's nowhere near the rear struts.

I think that PSS0s are great for the street myself as I found the ride considerably better then the H-sports on factory struts. If fact I would say they are more for the street rather then track.
(all of this IMHO of course )

Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
kool.... yea i think h-sport really is not a hot set-up at all! IMHO dont have nothing against them just have been in and driven a few cars W/h-sport bits & was not impressed at all.

what brace will U' venture with? i have the one moss mini retails is real thick but only uses 2 of the bolts to mount so im searchin' for another one that will fit all the way around the top and use all three bolts to mount.

so U' dont like them for track use????
oh! and as far as that rear brace i feel the same way bout it but since it does work to keep cabin from flexin' i will use it (I tested it out and it does work just not for the struts but for cabin flex...
Originally Posted by onasled
I have nothing against FRONT strut braces and I will most likely end up with one myself. It's that rear thing that makes little sence to me. I can see that it would hold the sides of the car together, but it's nowhere near the rear struts.

I think that PSS0s are great for the street myself as I found the ride considerably better then the H-sports on factory struts. If fact I would say they are more for the street rather then track.
(all of this IMHO of course )