Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7 Injectors pull through.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
M7 Injectors pull through.

One of my last mods was the M7, 400cc injectors. I had the car tuned via my Unichip afterward and at this point it has never run better. For one thing I no longer have any start up problems that I have recently been experiencing, and this was the fact before the Unichip tune.

This is one mod I highly recommend if you have done most others and are using more then 15% SC pulley.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:25 AM
bouray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great videos. Very curteous drivers. Was your current footage before or after you installed bigger injectors and retuned? Any before-after comparisons...lap times etc.?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
resipsamcs
3rd Gear
I second Bouray's appreciation for sharing your videos with us. Could you share with us what the total of your modifications consist of at this point and your last hp/torque numbers?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:22 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
I could use the same tune up. Who did your Unichip dyno?:smile:

Old 06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
eMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by onasled
One of my last mods was the M7, 400cc injectors. I had the car tuned via my Unichip afterward and at this point it has never run better. For one thing I no longer have any start up problems that I have recently been experiencing, and this was the fact before the Unichip tune.

This is one mod I highly recommend if you have done most others and are using more then 15% SC pulley.
Thanks for the product review. Just so I'm sure I understand, what other injectors are you comparing to? I'm considering JCW injectors and M7 injectors if/when I go to a smaller than -15% pulley.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
onasled
Banned
Not comparing them to anything other then stock.

I can do mast anything mechanical in my car, but I am no where near as knowledgeable as most here when it come to "why" it's better. I just know that the car is running stronger then ever and the injectors along with the Unichip tune up was a polishing touch. The Unichip seemed to need only a little tweaking as the tuner felt that the Mini CPU was doing a very good job.
I will post something on this in a different thread I think.

I was running everything up to date in the last P-car video. I think next will be a straight through exhaust like Tony B's and possible removal of the cat. Unfortunately this should be cause for another Unichip tune-up, and that cost me about $350 on it's own.

Sid, I called Unichip and they directed me to the closest tuner, which happened to be only about an hour away. The place I went to is called Automotive Associates. What a playground that place is as it was filled with about 50 P-cars in all states of work. Most all were race cars from vintage to the latest tech. Very cool place to hang out and drool ...

Old 06-21-2005, 12:48 PM
TonyB
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is going to the Dr. this Thu, but it's the correct length to get right to the tunnel exit. I can measure it if interested... Actually, I think I have that figure in the MINI2 thread. Let me know if you go through with the surgery!

I tried just this, with only the cat, and it was wickedly LOUD! Just an fyi .

Old 06-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Pankeyguy
2nd Gear
Nice Video!

Some very smooth and nice driving while obviously at the limit. Lots of nice tire noise!

Very jealous of you and your MINI!

Dave
Sunny San Diego
2003 DS/B MCS with some stuff.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by Pankeyguy
Nice Video!

Some very smooth and nice driving while obviously at the limit. Lots of nice tire noise!

Very jealous of you and your MINI!

Dave
Sunny San Diego
2003 DS/B MCS with some stuff.
Not at the limit yet as I can surely get more speed in most of these corners, be it only 3-5 mph. I’m averaging about 93 mph on that downhill corner before the long straight. Sometimes I’m doing it a 100, so I’d like to stay more consistent with that number and make it my adverage. I’d be happy taking another 3 sec off my laps. The squealing is due to those concrete repairs on the track. If you watch it again you will see that's about the only time it makes noise.

Thanks Tony. Are you using a cat?

Old 06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
TonyB
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still stock header and cat. Not far off are head and header at the same time, then I'll address the cat...

Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Happy to hear my "sister" ship is running strong I've been running M7 injectors for quite a while and like them too. I need to get Msfit out on the track like you...when my CFO isn't lookn She says, "I'd rather you break your shifter kart than your Mini" I didn't need that vote of confidence

BTW...where is Automotive Associates?

Originally Posted by onasled
Not comparing them to anything other then stock.

I can do mast anything mechanical in my car, but I am no where near as knowledgeable as most here when it come to "why" it's better. I just know that the car is running stronger then ever and the injectors along with the Unichip tune up was a polishing touch. The Unichip seemed to need only a little tweaking as the tuner felt that the Mini CPU was doing a very good job.
I will post something on this in a different thread I think.

I was running everything up to date in the last P-car video. I think next will be a straight through exhaust like Tony B's and possible removal of the cat. Unfortunately this should be cause for another Unichip tune-up, and that cost me about $350 on it's own.

Sid, I called Unichip and they directed me to the closest tuner, which happened to be only about an hour away. The place I went to is called Automotive Associates. What a playground that place is as it was filled with about 50 P-cars in all states of work. Most all were race cars from vintage to the latest tech. Very cool place to hang out and drool ...

Old 06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by MSFITOY

Canton, CT.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:30 PM
RECOOP
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eMINI
Thanks for the product review. Just so I'm sure I understand, what other injectors are you comparing to? I'm considering JCW injectors and M7 injectors if/when I go to a smaller than -15% pulley.
Many folks with reduction pulleys smaller than 15% are using the JCW injectors. Another good option seems to be the injectors offered by Helix. Good luck..