Drivetrain NEW RELEASE: Dinan B46C 3rd Gen MINI (LCI) Performance Engine Software (20MY ONLY))

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 07:22 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
NEW RELEASE: Dinan B46C 3rd Gen MINI (LCI) Performance Engine Software (20MY ONLY))

Part Number(s) D900-B46-TCMG1-M-S1 & D900-B46-TCMG1-M-S1-W

Applications:
  • 2020 F60 Countryman S (& S ALL4)
  • 2020 F54 Clubman S (& S ALL4)
  • 2020 F55/F56/F57 Cooper S
Current compatibility of the MINI LCI engine software is limited to the B46C engine in MY 2020 vehicles. MY 2021+ vehicles utilize different factory encryption that continues to be worked on. 2020 B46D powered MINI's (JCW) are needed for development in order to expand coverage to them. If you own one and are interested in helping Dinan develop the B46D flash with your vehicle please reach out to developmentcars@dinancars.com. Please note it would require the vehicle and/or the DME to be sent to Dinan in Opelika, Alabama.

Product Page(s) / Pricing:Release Date: Available Now!

Description: 3rd Generation MINI’s have been largely unchanged since their introduction in 2015. However, the engines and ECU’s have gradually been tweaked over multiple LCI refreshes. The first of which in 2020 saw the base B46 engine become standard between both the S and JCW Cooper models, albeit with minor changes. In addition, changes in architecture to the core ECU made early flash tuning solutions incompatible with the LCI. Even within the LCI itself there have been encryption changes that have further diminished flashing availability and relegating options largely to in-line tuners (piggybacks). That changes now.

The 2020 B46C engine found in the S variants are the first LCI’s to be imbued with Dinan levels of power. With no other modifications but the Stage 1 engine tune and 93 octane, maximum gains of +77 WHP and +79 lb-ft of torque are attainable. Better yet, upwards of +120 WHP/lb-ft of torque is possible with the E85 calibration. Even if you wish to retain the 4yr/50k warranty, the Dinan+ variant registers gains of 57 WHP and 72 lb-ft of torque. That’s a lot of power, and fun, added to an already deceptively enjoyable vehicle. The little MINI that could, now can... and then some.

While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan’s calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the MINI factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your MINI, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

Features/Benefits (Stage 1):
  • More Power: Max gains between 57-128 WHP and 72-118 lb-ft of torque over stock depending on octane. Consult the performance charts for specific octanes and their associated data.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 and E85). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Aggressive sport mode cooling added for optimum track effectiveness.
  • Pedal mapping optimized for revised torque output with a more linear throttle feel.
  • Retains all MINI factory engine safeguards and adds additional safety protections such as the stationary rev limiter and implementation of per gear torque limits.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Stock JCW pops and bangs implemented for increased aural satisfaction over the factory S settings.
Features/Benefits (Dinan +):
  • More Power: Max gains of 57 WHP / 72 lb-ft of torque over stock with 91 octane. Consult the performance charts for additional data.
  • Dinan + performance software matches the factory new car warranty (4year / 50,000 mi) and is the warranty protection commonly associated with the Dinan brand.
  • Limited to a single calibration (91).
  • All other features from stage 1 above are shared with the Dinan + calibration.
Special Notes:
  • DME UNLOCK & FLASH: MINI B46C DME's must be unlocked and bench flashed by Dinan. While dealer / retail unlock and flashing tools are in development and will be available in the future, at present, two options are available: (1) Visit a Dinan Dealer and purchase the Dinan Flash Software. They will remove and mail the DME to Dinan. We'll unlock the DME, flash the software and ship it back. They'll reinstall the DME. (2) Purchase the tune. Send us your DME. We’ll unlock it, install Dinan software, and ship it back. The unlock process is free. Ground shipping to the continental USA is free. Please follow the steps on the product page if this is the course you wish to pursue. At no time during the unlocking process is the DME opened or physically modified. If the DME is flashed back to stock, it will need to be unlocked again. Also, vehicle manufacturers issue many DME part numbers and revisions throughout their vehicle lineup. As such, some DMEs may be temporarily unavailable as new parts and/or revisions are released.
  • BOX CODES: The MINI B46C engine and its multitude of variants account for numerous unique box codes across various platforms. While Dinan has created files for many of these permutations, there is a chance you may have a box code that we have not seen. If this happens to be the case we will need to create a file for your vehicle. This process could add up to 7 days to the bench flash process although in most cases it will be turned around within 2 business days.

Old 04-15-2023, 04:21 PM
dannieh42
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I will volunteer my JCW

I just emailed the development car program. I have a 2020 Cooper S JCW that I will volunteer. I live near Mobile and can bring the car to Opelika whenever you want.

Old 04-17-2023, 05:06 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Originally Posted by dannieh42
I just emailed the development car program. I have a 2020 Cooper S JCW that I will volunteer. I live near Mobile and can bring the car to Opelika whenever you want.
Can you forward the email you sent to info@dinancars.com as well? Not seeing it in the developmentcars@dinancars.com inbox for whatever the reason.

Old 04-17-2023, 07:21 AM
dannieh42
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I resent email to info@dinancars.com and sent info in PM

Old 04-17-2023, 07:35 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Originally Posted by dannieh42
I resent email to info@dinancars.com and sent info in PM
Got it. Passing along to engineering. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2023, 06:02 PM
spdandpwr
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugh! I have a 2024 and NEED this. I'll pay 5x the going rate for the tune...just give me that glorious Dinan tune + the warranty. Also, does this tune reinstate the burbles that were lost in the LCIs?

Old 12-13-2023, 06:04 AM
Dinan Engineering
Vendor
Originally Posted by spdandpwr
Ugh! I have a 2024 and NEED this. I'll pay 5x the going rate for the tune...just give me that glorious Dinan tune + the warranty. Also, does this tune reinstate the burbles that were lost in the LCIs?
One day the 21+ encryption will be resolved and flash tuning can be delivered to those models en masse.... one day. =/

In regards to burbles -- We utilize stock JCW pops and bangs settings so assuming calibration doesnt change on the 21+ models (it shouldn't), if your 2024 is a JCW it would be the same as it is now. If its an S though it would be upgraded a bit to the JCW settings to have more aggressive pops and bangs.