Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Alta 3in Turbo-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 11:45 AM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Alta 3in Turbo-Back Exhaust

So I'm seeing a lot of dated threads discussing these exhaust systems, and I'd like to see if anyone's opinion has changed or if they hold true. I see claims by the Alta guys on this forum that the 3in is putting out slightly more HP than 2.5in, but what I'm more interested in is the turbo spool-up; if the spool-up time is shorter, then I'm pretty well sold on a 3in exhaust.

Another down-side I've read about Alta is build quality: a lot of people have complained that they just don't hold up to big name exhaust companies and they cost the same, if not more, than those names like Magnaflow, Borla, etc.

My last question is in two parts: will the 3in catless DP mount up to the stock MCS (non-JCW) exhaust so I can piece this together when I get the parts? And where the hell can I find the whole turbo-back exhaust kit?

Please feel free to talk me out of Alta, but I'd really appreciate any comments to have some backing - dyno charts, personal experience, something along those lines.