Go Back  North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
JCW Tuning Kit Intake - no go on 2013 N18 >

Drivetrain JCW Tuning Kit Intake - no go on 2013 N18

Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain JCW Tuning Kit Intake - no go on 2013 N18

Old 04-02-2018, 06:43 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
JCW Tuning Kit Intake - no go on 2013 N18

I have read that you can put the JCW Tuning kit intake on a N18 as long as you have the N14 lower intake housing. On my 2013, there was a significant interference between the end of the upper intake housing and the fuel pump supply line. I don't know if this changed over the life of the N18, but I didn't want to cut a hole in the housing for clearance (that would allow hot air into the intake).

So, here are some pictures for info so that others don't run into this.

The first pic shows the metal line that runs next to the lower intake. The second pic shows how far the intake is held up (about an inch), so this isnt a minor thing. The third pic shows the difference between the N18 and JCW upper housing in the interference area.

Have fun,
Mike

The following users liked this post:
anew742 (04-29-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Carrboroman
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, thanks for posting, I'm in the same situation and Way suggested to unscrew the resonator chamber (4 screws) to introduce the right clearance.

That will leave the space to be covered somehow in order to prevent hot air to be sucked in, but at least you can mount it the box...will post updates if I can find a way to seal it!