Drivetrain Tune + NM Power Module. Safe?

Old 09-29-2017, 06:30 PM
tylerhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tune + NM Power Module. Safe?

Just got my NM Engineering power module. I'm really happy with it.
My question is, can I get a Manic/JB/JCW tune and still use the NM power module? Would it work? Is it safe long term? Would it be stupid to use on a daily driver?

PS: I should also mention, I think the Power module is plenty but I'm so thrilled with the passing power. I'd love to see what a tune can add.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I believe Bytetronik has something like that, don't know the particulars. Otherwise don't think it is a good idea.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:12 PM
tylerhunter
Banned
Well, I notice quite a few people do it with the JCW tune kit. But I didn't know if it was possible with another more affordable tune such as Manic or Burger.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:23 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Don't sweat it. I've been running my NM on low in conjunction with the JCW Pro Tuning Kit for going on two years. Everything from grocery getting to running the heck out of it on my local country roads and numerous trips to The Dragon have not caused a hiccup. Four and five hour trips on the interstates at 70-80 mph are also taken in stride without a problem. When comparing the JCW tuning kit and something like a Manic tune just remember that reason the JCW tune is more expensive is because it includes a very nice BT controlled exhaust system.

The following users liked this post:
tylerhunter (10-03-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
We can't speak for the other tuners but the Bytetronik tune/flash (by itself) is already optimized for HP and Torque. Adding a piggyback module on top of our tune is NOT recommended!

Old 10-03-2017, 02:12 PM
tylerhunter
Banned
Originally Posted by vetsvette
Don't sweat it. I've been running my NM on low in conjunction with the JCW Pro Tuning Kit for going on two years. Everything from grocery getting to running the heck out of it on my local country roads and numerous trips to The Dragon have not caused a hiccup. Four and five hour trips on the interstates at 70-80 mph are also taken in stride without a problem. When comparing the JCW tuning kit and something like a Manic tune just remember that reason the JCW tune is more expensive is because it includes a very nice BT controlled exhaust system.
That's very reassuring. I had the muffler cut off so I don't really have a use for the JCW muffler. I don't know if you can just have it tuned without the muffler setup though.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik
We can't speak for the other tuners but the Bytetronik tune/flash (by itself) is already optimized for HP and Torque. Adding a piggyback module on top of our tune is NOT recommended!
I agree.
Having previous cars tuned (Uprev) by an experienced tuner,
the car is tailor tuned for that particular engine.
No 2 cars are alike.
An NM or Dinan is basically a 1 trick pony band-aid.

Yes I own a Dinan Sport!!

I would NOT add a piggy back. Might wreak havoc.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:15 PM
CooperT
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JCW Pro + NM

Just added the NM to my Carbon which has the JCW Pro tune. Put about 100 miles on it and it's great. Probably wouldn't be needed with something like the Bytetronik tune though. No real reason to use both.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:20 AM
CooperT
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After a week having the NM module and this car is ridiculously fast! With sport mode enabled, in 6th gear, the car pulls hard even at 80. Needless to say, it gets to triple digits without breaking a sweat.

Search this Thread