Drivetrain RaceChip Ultimate - Dyno and real life numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation RaceChip Ultimate - Dyno and real life numbers

Hi Guys,

After reading through a shitload of different forums and topics, since RaceChip offers a 30 day trial period, I have decided to give it a try on my own cost instead of looking for unclear butt dynos.
I've ordered the RaceChip Ultimate version for F56 Cooper S. It should arrive tomorrow, I'm going to build it in next Tuesday drive it until Thursday on the highest settings that RaceChip advises (2/1) so it is going to adapt.
On Thursday 16:30 I have an appointment to do the dyno run once again. I'll post that dyno result also. No more BS!
Some additional info:
2016.11. production, completely stock car, RaceChip Ultimate is going to be the only mod. I'm using only 100+ fuel since 0 km (Shell V-Power Nitro+ 100+ or OMV MaxxMotion 100plus) 12.000km in the odo.

I have attached the stock dyno results from today.

Comments are welcome!

Attached Thumbnails RaceChip Ultimate - Dyno and real life numbers-f56dynoimage.png  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:12 PM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanx for taking the time/effort for doing this test and posting results, should be interesting.

Just so I am reading the dyno plot correctly, could you confirm/deny the following statements? The blue (kerek) line is the actual wheel HP and the red (norm) is a calculated HP? If calculated, the green (vono) would be the 'loss' HP based on a coast down run on the dyno, correct?

I know your numbers will be apples-to-apples comparison, since you will be testing on the same dyno, just trying to figure out what the specific graphs represent as they are a bit different than what I am used to seeing. TIA!

Old 04-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WhatV8
Thanx for taking the time/effort for doing this test and posting results, should be interesting.

Just so I am reading the dyno plot correctly, could you confirm/deny the following statements? The blue (kerek) line is the actual wheel HP and the red (norm) is a calculated HP? If calculated, the green (vono) would be the 'loss' HP based on a coast down run on the dyno, correct?

I know your numbers will be apples-to-apples comparison, since you will be testing on the same dyno, just trying to figure out what the specific graphs represent as they are a bit different than what I am used to seeing. TIA!
Your statements are absolutely valid!
I have received the module yesterday, I'll set it up next Tuesday according to the plan, as on Monday I have a scheduled software update @ dealer. I have received the module with stock settings F-1. I'm going to use the highest advised settings from RaceChip which is Tuning 3 in the manual (2-1) in my case. I'll drive ~ 200-250kms to let it adapt.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:34 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Should be interesting.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
You are not the first, usually it turns out that someone is trying to promote the product or a competitor. Who are you? First post and off to the races.

Preparing my grain of salt.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:16 AM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
You are not the first, usually it turns out that someone is trying to promote the product or a competitor. Who are you? First post and off to the races.

Preparing my grain of salt.
As mentioned, I've been looking for a tune option as my car is under warranty. Wanted to order jb4 or nm power module cuz they seemed to be the most popular, but failed to find within Europe, RC is in Germany so seemed to be a good alternative. Pricewise they're ~ same 500€. What do you mean by who am I? I'm not related at all to any kind of tuning co or car manufacturer. Actually I'm working for a car lease company as a software developer and if RC fails I couldnt care less but order a JB4 from the US as this would mean theres no good enough alternative within EU.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Cool

According to butt dyno it's slightly better than the stock JCW. Wheelspin at first 2 gears sometimes it blinks in 3rd with stock tires dry road. 100-200 is ~17s, it definetly pulls better at low-mid range rpms. I'll do the real dyno on Thursday as promised.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Talking

Well guys, what should I say .. I'm 100% satisfied ..

Bone stock:
201,4 BHP
312,5 NM

RaceChip Ultimate - Setting 2/1 (Original was F/1, I did switch it immediately to 2/1 did not drive one meter with stock tuning of the box. 2/1 is the maximum advised setting in the manual and the support told me the same, that I should be safe on 2/1 for daily use)
245,9 BHP
392,3 NM

Dyno image attached .. :D

Attached Thumbnails RaceChip Ultimate - Dyno and real life numbers-f56coopers_racechipultimate_21.png  
Old 04-14-2017, 11:21 AM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice results! A bump of 44.5 BHP / 79.8 NM (58.9 lb-ft for those of us on this side of the pond) should certainly give you a bigger grin when you slap the loud pedal. Thanx for posting up your plots.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Illes Levente
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WhatV8
Nice results! A bump of 44.5 BHP / 79.8 NM (58.9 lb-ft for those of us on this side of the pond) should certainly give you a bigger grin when you slap the loud pedal. Thanx for posting up your plots.
It feels like a completely different car, however if you look at the dyno graph, the curve could be better. As soon as the 2 year warranty is over, I'll do a proper remap!!