Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Alta accessport S-model mappings

Old 04-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Phobix
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Alta accessport S-model mappings

Hey all,

Would someone mind uploading their stock S maps from their cobb unit for me? I have the JCW maps since that was my model, but trying to sell it and the person interested has an S.

I spoke to Thomas over at Alta and he informed me that Alta has since deleted all of their maps and no longer provide maps of any kind, so it should fine for someone to upload the maps here, should they be able and willing.

Thanks guys!

PS: If anyone wants the JCW maps, I can upload a zip with them.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
You can't use just any old map, the prefix has to match your ECU prefix, i.e., a map prefix of H810B will not work with an H910B ECU.

You can read your JCW prefix just by looking at the map ID. Maybe you can plug in the AP to the S model OBD connector and it will show you which prefix is needed --- maybe not??? I'm not sure how to read it without going to a dealer and let them tell you what it is. I know from experience that the map MUST match the ECU.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Phobix
2nd Gear
but that doesnt make sense. They just drop shipped me a unit with JCW maps on it. I never sent them any info previous to them sending me the unit.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:15 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Phobix
Hey all,

Would someone mind uploading their stock S maps from their cobb unit for me? I have the JCW maps since that was my model, but trying to sell it and the person interested has an S. Were you able to get maps loaded on your JCW before you decided to sell?

I spoke to Thomas over at Alta and he informed me that Alta has since deleted all of their maps and no longer provide maps of any kind, so it should fine for someone to upload the maps here, should they be able and willing. Normal process for selling a used AP is (was) to un-install it from your car, then go thru the install process again on the next vehicle. The AP reads the new ECU, then you connect it to your computer and it downloads the correct maps. It was my understanding that the maps were downloaded from Cobb, not Alta.

Thanks guys!

but that doesnt make sense. They just drop shipped me a unit with JCW maps on it. I never sent them any info previous to them sending me the unit.
Who is "They", a private party or a company? And why are you selling it?

Pretty sure no one sells a brand new AP anymore. You either bought a used one from someone with a similar JCW, or you followed the original installation instructions and the AP automatically downloaded the correct set of maps for your car.

If you're gonna keep the car but get a different tune, I'd recommend keeping the AP. It won't be able to store other maps, but all the other features are still useable --- data monitor / log, code reading, ECU reset --- works great with my Manic stage 4.

If someone else buys your AP, you gotta un-install it from your car BEFORE you sell it, otherwise they won't be able to get it installed. Cobb might still reset them for a 2nd install, try contacting Cobb instead of Alta. While you have them, ask about my explanation of the prefix's.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Phobix
2nd Gear
The car was totalled a few years ago. I have had my unit reset/unlocked by cobb. I will ask about the prefixes as well.

Thanks

Old 08-01-2020, 08:49 AM
trlman
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey all,

Would someone mind uploading their stock S maps from their cobb unit for me? I have the JCW maps since that was my model, but trying to sell it and the person interested has an S.

I spoke to Thomas over at Alta and he informed me that Alta has since deleted all of their maps and no longer provide maps of any kind, so it should fine for someone to upload the maps here, should they be able and willing.

Thanks guys!

I would like the JCW maps

Old 08-01-2020, 08:51 AM
trlman
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JCW maps

I would like JCW maps
Do you know what error code 116 means

Old 08-01-2020, 12:32 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by trlman
I would like JCW maps
Do you know what error code 116 means
None of my original AP documents say anything about error codes, so I can't help you with that.

What is your ECU's code suffix? It should be something like H810B. As I said before, ONLY maps that match your ECU will be useable. And, if your AP was connected to another car before you plugged it in to yours, it "learned" that car's ECU and won't learn yours 'til it's been reset. Maybe that's what your error code means. There's a very specific sequence of events that must be followed when removing and re-installing an AP. Don't follow it and you're screwed.

Here's a screenshot of my AP contents --- NOT a JCW. I was upgraded from H810B to H910B, but didn't use any of the "stock" maps, I went straight to a custom map installed by Cobb and Perrin. This screenshot is just to show you what a stock map listing looks like. Note the description and filename doesn't need to include the suffix, like my four custom maps, but the map MUST have the correct suffix imbedded.

Search this Thread