Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Just got Manic Tuned by MarioKart

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 04:23 PM
cmanlu
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got Manic Tuned by MarioKart

Hello fellow NAMS,

I do not write reviews often, but I would like to share my awesome experience of having my car tuned by Mario. First of all there was a couple of available Manic tuners around my area, and when it comes to having my car service by other people, I become very picky. I needed someone I can trust, I needed someone with knowledge, and I needed someone that will take care of my car like their own car, and there is no better Manic dealer for that job than Mario.

Meeting Mario, he immersed me with a TON of information regarding the best and reliable way to tune a Cooper. It is clear that he will help anyone as best as possible. He was even willing to accommodate my own hectic schedule and drive more than 50 Miles to my workplace. Now that is just awesome service!
Anyways, we end up meeting at a cafe and had time to relax and chitchat about other things while my car is uploading the tune. At the end of the day, not just my cooper got a tune but my brain also! lol I felt like my brain was going to burst after sponging all the information Mario shared.

=======================================

Okay enough of Mario and lets talk about the tune! Initially, I was skeptical of a tune. This was my first time having my car ECU tuned. I had JB+ installed prior to Manic and it was impressive. I was not sure if I would feel enough difference between the two. However, coming home that night I was injected with adrenaline. Having a Manic stage 2 tune at map B made the car a beast to ride! This thing is a torque machine! I've owned plenty of cars in the past and own a Z3 M Coupe currently, and my MINI Coupe just accelerates faster! For $600, I couldn't be more happier.

Mario's cat-less downpipe also makes a perfect combination with Manic tune. The fit and finish is second to none! I've seen plenty of downpipes and what worries me of getting a downpipe is the fitment. However, Mario's DP fit and finish is second to none. From the type of materials used to the welds they are just a work of art. My favorite part is how awesome it made my car sound!

All in all, I'm a very satisfied customer. If you ever think of tuning your MINI, contact MarioKart first! Trust me, it will be one of the best things you can do.

The following users liked this post:
PEneoark (03-28-2019)
Old 02-15-2015, 05:20 PM
cambo
3rd Gear
what other mods are you running? I have a stage 2 as well and I just don't feel the "torque monster" piece that a lot of others talk about. Feels quicker than an M? I'm definitely missing something...

I know I'm running a hi-flo catted dp vs the cat-less dp that's recommended...could that be the main difference in the increase in torque that's felt? I mean would that be a noticeable, substantial butt dyno difference? (probably more a question for Mario...)

Old 02-15-2015, 05:41 PM
cmanlu
1st Gear
Hello cambo,

I have a catless downpipe, NM torque bushing, k&n intake, nkg spark plugs and magnaflow exhaust. That is all. Yes it felt quicker than my 1999 Z3 m Coupe. It was surprising, and people who I took both on my Coupe and cooper felt the same. Most of them commented that my Cooper pushed them back to the seat alot more.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:23 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Cmanlu,
Your Coupe has made a big transformation this week, in the power category. You need to be careful because these Mini's have a very strange way of spending all our money. Enjoy your new mods and of course, let me know when your ready for Stage III, Stage IV or just to chat.
Talk to you soon
Mario

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 02-15-2015, 08:28 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by cambo
what other mods are you running? I have a stage 2 as well and I just don't feel the "torque monster" piece that a lot of others talk about. Feels quicker than an M? I'm definitely missing something... I know I'm running a hi-flo catted dp vs the cat-less dp that's recommended...could that be the main difference in the increase in torque that's felt? I mean would that be a noticeable, substantial butt dyno difference? (probably more a question for Mario...)
Hey Cambo,
Glad your part of the Manic family, but curious why you didn't feel the punch. Tell me more abut your Mini, year, model, mods, transmission, octane and previous tune. Have you logged your Mini befor or after getting Manic? I have a couple customers, that saw a 15whp gain after switching from a High Flow well named DP.
Thanks
Mario

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 03-09-2015, 09:34 PM
marvinclick
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Hey Cambo,
Glad your part of the Manic family, but curious why you didn't feel the punch. Tell me more abut your Mini, year, model, mods, transmission, octane and previous tune. Have you logged your Mini befor or after getting Manic? I have a couple customers, that saw a 15whp gain after switching from a High Flow well named DP.
Thanks
Mario

hi Mario,

i am wondering if i can buy some cable and download & upload the tuned filed made by you at home?

i am in Shanghai, China, where no Manic available economically...

Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Glad there's another Manic tuned car aboard.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:34 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by marvinclick
hi Mario,

i am wondering if i can buy some cable and download & upload the tuned filed made by you at home?

i am in Shanghai, China, where no Manic available economically...
There are quite a few manic dealers in China. Maybe you can ship your ECU to them if they offer that service for Manic Tuning. There is no home tuning solution as the dealer needs to crack the ECU software with Manic Tools.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:27 AM
cambo
3rd Gear
Hey Cambo,
Thanks
Mario

sorry Mario, just saw your response today...my bad for not responding sooner!

15whp gain is just about enough of a claim for me to order a catless dp the second I finish this post lol.

I have an 09S with the significant mods listed in my signature block. No data logging. just butt dyno. Manual, 93 octane, and it's my first tune. So...yeah...going from stock to Manic Stage 2...and I'm saying I don't really feel the punch. Don't get me wrong! I love the tune, it's a night and day difference.

Maybe I was expecting too much? This is literally the first tune I've put on ANY car I've owned. Not knowing what to expect realistically, I think I was hoping for Camaro ZL1 type acceleration--THAT kind of punch lol.

No man, I love it. I'll throw a catless dp in there and let you know the difference I feel. Thanks again for the response!

Old 03-11-2015, 10:40 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by cambo
sorry Mario, just saw your response today...my bad for not responding sooner! 15whp gain is just about enough of a claim for me to order a catless dp the second I finish this post lol. I have an 09S with the significant mods listed in my signature block. No data logging. just butt dyno. Manual, 93 octane, and it's my first tune. So...yeah...going from stock to Manic Stage 2...and I'm saying I don't really feel the punch. Don't get me wrong! I love the tune, it's a night and day difference. Maybe I was expecting too much? This is literally the first tune I've put on ANY car I've owned. Not knowing what to expect realistically, I think I was hoping for Camaro ZL1 type acceleration--THAT kind of punch lol. No man, I love it. I'll throw a catless dp in there and let you know the difference I feel. Thanks again for the response!
I get it, I came from a 12' CTSV coupe that did high 10 second 1/4 miles on street tires. I have have had lots of cars tuned and some cost up to $1500 and only got 6hp and raised rev limiter. The Manic does wonders for a 1.6L with a cute little Turbo. I think a bigger turbo and stage 3 will make you smile

Old 04-06-2016, 06:47 AM
exdos
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thread revival.

Does anyone have any ECU datalogs of the Manic Stage 1 in action? Or is it impossible to use the OBDII socket for datalogging with the Manic advice which requires the use of the OBDII socket (permanently)?

Like the OP, I also own a Z3MC (and a Z4MC) and would be very impressed if my Countryman Cooper S could even approach the performance of those S54 engines just from software changes.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by exdos
Thread revival. Does anyone have any ECU datalogs of the Manic Stage 1 in action? Or is it impossible to use the OBDII socket for datalogging with the Manic advice which requires the use of the OBDII socket (permanently)? Like the OP, I also own a Z3MC (and a Z4MC) and would be very impressed if my Countryman Cooper S could even approach the performance of those S54 engines just from software changes.
Many of us use logging and code clearing APPs like Dashcommad and Torque. The Manic SPS OBD2 switch only needs to be connected for 5 seconds, when switching maps, other wise it's stored in the glove box mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

Attached Thumbnails Just got Manic Tuned by MarioKart-image-2412120691.jpg  
Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 AM
exdos
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Many of us use logging and code clearing APPs like Dashcommad and Torque. The Manic SPS OBD2 switch only needs to be connected for 5 seconds, when switching maps, other wise it's stored in the glove box mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
Thanks for the information and the Torque screenshot.

I also use the Torque app and a DashDyno datalogger. The figures in your screen shot are very impressive. I've only had my 2011 Countryman Cooper S for a few weeks now, which I've bought as a "runabout" and load-lugger. From my datalogging, the best boost I've seen in Sport Mode is around 1bar and AFR never gets much lower than mid 13s, so it's easy to see how the performance has been unlocked with the Manic tune.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:15 AM
ckussoff
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
manic tune

Mario,

Can I get your contact. I am in Orange County and would like to tune my mini

Cmanlu,
Your Coupe has made a big transformation this week, in the power category. You need to be careful because these Mini's have a very strange way of spending all our money. Enjoy your new mods and of course, let me know when your ready for Stage III, Stage IV or just to chat.
Talk to you soon
Mario

Old 03-27-2019, 09:20 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by ckussoff
Mario,

Can I get your contact. I am in Orange County and would like to tune my mini
im in Agoura Hills, CA. I sent you a PM with my number

MarioPalza@gmail.com