Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Offical MarioKart Review Thread.

  #101  
Old 03-23-2016, 12:49 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by dez View Post
nice flame thrower
This photo is a keeper

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #102  
Old 03-27-2016, 04:52 PM
broncobuddha
broncobuddha is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you guys have me sold whenever it comes time to upgrade my 09' Clubman S.

Mario do you have a site yet with services, prices etc?

Also, you don't ever get out to the east coast do you? Minis on the Dragon is soon...
 
  #103  
Old 03-27-2016, 06:32 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broncobuddha View Post
I think you guys have me sold whenever it comes time to upgrade my 09' Clubman S.

Mario do you have a site yet with services, prices etc?

Also, you don't ever get out to the east coast do you? Minis on the Dragon is soon...
Hey when is minis on the dragon? I assume you're talking about the tail of the dragon. In north Carolina right? I want to go and what better time lol.
 
  #104  
Old 03-27-2016, 06:43 PM
broncobuddha
broncobuddha is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May 11-15th.

Yes, Deals Gap. Most of it is in TN but you cross into NC on the way up.

I can be at the Tail of the Dragon in 30 minutes from my house. Went about 3 weeks ago. Soooooo much fun.

http://www.minisonthedragon.com
 
  #105  
Old 03-27-2016, 07:51 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broncobuddha View Post
May 11-15th.

Yes, Deals Gap. Most of it is in TN but you cross into NC on the way up.

I can be at the Tail of the Dragon in 30 minutes from my house. Went about 3 weeks ago. Soooooo much fun.

http://www.minisonthedragon.com
I'm 4 hours and 8 minutes away lol. I'll be there as long as it's on a weekend so I might see you there lol. Look for an ice blue mini with black rims. I've been looking into that road. Now I can't wait!
 
  #106  
Old 03-28-2016, 05:38 AM
broncobuddha
broncobuddha is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its an absolute blast. It'll be really congested with the event, but on days when nothing going on and when cops are scarce, it's a scream.

Was thinking it would be a great event business wise for Mario. He'd probably make a killing doing tunes etc.

When we went 3 weeks ago, I took my wife and two young kids (6 and 3) with me. They'd never been on it and I was worried they might get car sick. All of them loved it. My kids kept holding their hands up like they were on a roller coaster ride and kept laughing the whole time.

This was us:


 

Last edited by broncobuddha; 03-28-2016 at 05:56 AM.
  #107  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:24 PM
HiDezClubby's Avatar
HiDezClubby
HiDezClubby is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The extras that Mario recommends are the Alta recirc spring, the spark plugs, an SPS switch, and his DP (down pipe). IMO, if you are going to get a tune, you might as well get all you can from the tune. If you have any questions about the manic tune, PM MarioKart.
 
  #108  
Old 03-28-2016, 06:06 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HiDezClubby View Post
The extras that Mario recommends are the Alta recirc spring, the spark plugs, an SPS switch, and his DP (down pipe). IMO, if you are going to get a tune, you might as well get all you can from the tune. If you have any questions about the manic tune, PM MarioKart.
Can I do the spark plugs now? I currently have the JB+, NM high flow intake, lower motor mount, and the invidia q300. I need to get new ones and I'd hate to buy oem again only to buy new ones again in a couple months. Do you have a link to the plugs?
 
  #109  
Old 03-28-2016, 07:47 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by AFN704 View Post
Can I do the spark plugs now? I currently have the JB+, NM high flow intake, lower motor mount, and the invidia q300. I need to get new ones and I'd hate to buy oem again only to buy new ones again in a couple months. Do you have a link to the plugs?
NGK 1422 and make sure to gap them to .022" Here is a picture from Amazon I ran these with a JB at first, so no problem.

Also, remember I will take your JB+ on a $200 trade in towards your tune.

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
Attached Thumbnails Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-4237047641.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-1838344358.jpg  
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #110  
Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
NGK 1422 and make sure to gap them to .022" Here is a picture from Amazon I ran these with a JB at first, so no problem.

Also, remember I will take your JB+ on a $200 trade in towards your tune.

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
Just out of curiosity, is there any form of testing to be done to the car after the tune. Meaning AFR checks and what not. Also what would my down time be for my car. I live in North Carolina. You might have just sold me on the buying of the JB as id no longer need it Also one last question. What is the pricing on your down pipes?
 
  #111  
Old 03-28-2016, 09:15 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by AFN704 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there any form of testing to be done to the car after the tune. Meaning AFR checks and what not. Also what would my down time be for my car. I live in North Carolina. You might have just sold me on the buying of the JB as id no longer need it Also one last question. What is the pricing on your down pipes?
You can get a dongle $20 and the APP Dashcommand or Torque to log your car. Downtime can be as little as 40 hours . I'm sending you a PM for other stuff.

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
Attached Thumbnails Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-1224558178.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-2313914078.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-3460074119.jpg  
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #112  
Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 PM
stevimini
stevimini is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tulsa Ok.
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What other stuff do you have or offer ?
 
  #113  
Old 04-01-2016, 04:36 PM
sub3622
sub3622 is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mario,

Is there any harm in using the NGK 1422 in a stock car?
 
  #114  
Old 04-01-2016, 06:05 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by sub3622 View Post
Mario, Is there any harm in using the NGK 1422 in a stock car?
I have had customer do it a week or two before a tune and it was not a problem. Do you plan on doing a tune soon? If you plan to stay stock, I would go with the JCW plugs or NGK equivalent

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #115  
Old 04-02-2016, 05:58 PM
sub3622
sub3622 is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I`m stock (except for the jcw intake and the alta bov spring) right now but i am planning to go stage 2 directly instead of going stage 1 first.
I like stage 2 mostly because of the decrease of temperature in the engine that offers manic.
If i get the ngk 1422 do i need to gap them to 0.22?
 
  #116  
Old 04-02-2016, 06:02 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sub3622 View Post
I`m stock (except for the jcw intake and the alta bov spring) right now but i am planning to go stage 2 directly instead of going stage 1 first.
I like stage 2 mostly because of the decrease of temperature in the engine that offers manic.
If i get the ngk 1422 do i need to gap them to 0.22?
How did you get that damn spring in? I tried to do it today thinking it would be a 30 minutes job and i ended up not doing it my coolant hose blocks the BOV and I'd have to drain the system to get access to it. And I found this random rubber thing just sitting in there so I need to figure why it was not attached to anything.
 
  #117  
Old 04-02-2016, 06:47 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by AFN704 View Post
How did you get that damn spring in? I tried to do it today thinking it would be a 30 minutes job and i ended up not doing it my coolant hose blocks the BOV and I'd have to drain the system to get access to it. And I found this random rubber thing just sitting in there so I need to figure why it was not attached to anything.

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #118  
Old 04-02-2016, 08:09 PM
AFN704
AFN704 is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
Mini Cooper DV with Alta spring - YouTube

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
I can't get it off my car. The coolant hose is in the way and the coolant hose that runs to to turbo (it looks like it's coming from the coolant) is in the way ad well. There is no way for me to get to it without taking that stuff off unless there is a trick that I'm missino here. Also my coolant leaked from the bottom when I was trying to move the reservoir. It doesn't when it's in place. And let me tell you the screw to that will snap in half with no pressure at all.
 
  #119  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:49 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by AFN704 View Post
I can't get it off my car. The coolant hose is in the way and the coolant hose that runs to to turbo (it looks like it's coming from the coolant) is in the way ad well. There is no way for me to get to it without taking that stuff off unless there is a trick that I'm missino here. Also my coolant leaked from the bottom when I was trying to move the reservoir. It doesn't when it's in place. And let me tell you the screw to that will snap in half with no pressure at all.
You need this tool, because it allows you to be at weird angles. This will be your best friend. mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
Attached Thumbnails Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-3299308937.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-image-3362781656.jpg  
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #120  
Old 04-03-2016, 03:13 AM
sub3622
sub3622 is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeahh, that is what i use when i took mine one off.
 
  #121  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:22 PM
automan21's Avatar
automan21
automan21 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bx, NY
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mario, looking into one of your dp's. Im currently running an intercooler, hot and cold pipes, custom maganaflow exhaust, NM intake and an NM tune stage 2.
Any way i can avoid the CEL with your DP? Thanks.
 
  #122  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:36 PM
automan21's Avatar
automan21
automan21 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bx, NY
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dez View Post
I'm just gonna leave this right here:

MANIC TUNED MINI R56 JCW DYNO RUN - YouTube">MANIC TUNED MINI R56 JCW DYNO RUN - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

#FireEndFriday

once again Mario doesn't disappoint

290.7 WHP
Ohhhhhh I want that.
Might have to crack open the wallet.
 
  #123  
Old 04-05-2016, 09:32 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by automan21 View Post
Hey Mario, looking into one of your dp's. Im currently running an intercooler, hot and cold pipes, custom maganaflow exhaust, NM intake and an NM tune stage 2. Any way i can avoid the CEL with your DP? Thanks.
Sent you a PM

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
  #124  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:07 PM
teinesina's Avatar
teinesina
teinesina is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had Mario do a Manic Stage 2 tune on my Countryman ALL4S and man I can't believe I waited this long! 1st gear breaks the tires loose now, even on the 3200lb ALL4. The best part of it all is the customer service and professionalism that Mario offers. I, of course, had a million questions and (still have a million more) and he patiently answered every single one. Mario answers you promptly via email, text, messenger, or whatever, and has a great deal of knowledge and expertise that he is happy to share. Every explanation was in great detail and never demeaning or brusque. I have dealt with lots of different car/mini vendors and some will hardly give you the time of day. An all around great guy to deal with and an amazing resource!
 
  #125  
Old 05-24-2016, 08:56 PM
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart
MarioKart is offline
Vendor
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,194
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by teinesina View Post
Just had Mario do a Manic Stage 2 tune on my Countryman ALL4S and man I can't believe I waited this long! 1st gear breaks the tires loose now, even on the 3200lb ALL4. The best part of it all is the customer service and professionalism that Mario offers. I, of course, had a million questions and (still have a million more) and he patiently answered every single one. Mario answers you promptly via email, text, messenger, or whatever, and has a great deal of knowledge and expertise that he is happy to share. Every explanation was in great detail and never demeaning or brusque. I have dealt with lots of different car/mini vendors and some will hardly give you the time of day. An all around great guy to deal with and an amazing resource!
Glad you like it and I could help with questions and concerns. It worked out perfect that you were visiting your family, down the street from my place. Enjoy the new power and I expect faster times at the track .
Thanks for the review
Mario

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
 
__________________
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Offical MarioKart Review Thread.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: