Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain A few mods. A few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
MiNi_n_Me
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few mods. A few questions.

I have just ordered:

1.15% pulley
2. NGK cooler running plugs
3. shorter belt
4. MSD coil pack
5. MSD wires

I am also making an intake. I plan to just buy a cone filter, some metal to bend as a heat shield, and i'm not sure what to use as the intake piping. ideally i would bend a 2.5-3 inch metal pipe.

my biggest questions are regarding the DT belt tensioner stop.

1. why is it better than the stock unit(besides wearing easily)
2. why is it 100$ cheaper than the stock unit.
3. do i need it with the pulley?

(side note. my current belt is very worn on only one side (like the inside is worn and the outside isn't that i have seen) any known reasons why???.. the faulty stock tensioner???

and a few questions regarding the cowl mod. i can see how it would improve air flow and even keep the incoming air cooler. but has anyone heard of water coming through because of this? I have sucked up water from other intakes lucky for me it wasn't this baby

Thank you for your help! any advice is much appreciated!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:55 AM
piston
Banned
Skip on the aftermarket coils and wires. Im running 255whp through stock... not only is it not needed, they end up being faulty.

Just do 15%, jcw plugs, belt.

As fpr dt belt tentioner, its a good product, but npt needed. There is a poly bushing fix for oem part that extends the life of the item.

Let me know what you think.

Annnnnd if you live in a hot climate or really get on it, meth injection is yer buddy. Look up aquamist kit.tie it all together with a tune.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Cease
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The tensioner stop is not the tensioner assembly but a piece of metal or thick wire that goes on two of the tensioner bolts. The idea is that if the belt snaps the tensioner stop will.. well stop the tensioner from slamming into the harmonic balancer since the tensioner is under pressure.

People have complained about the thick metal wire type of tensioner stops, I think WMW started making their own because of this. It's cheap insurance if you ask me, $25 bucks for the stop or 400+ for a new balancer and tensioner. If you do need a new tensioner I have heard the RockAuto pieces are exactly the same as OEM and can be had for less than $100.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:26 AM
edwkmho
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am interested in the red Mini One - black color rear spoiler.

Are you willing to send overseas??

Old 10-30-2019, 10:46 AM
miniicefrog
1st Gear
Do you still have the CENTER ARM REST on the Convertible Mini Cooper? How Much + Shipping? Would you kindly take some closer picture of the fixtures and the condition of the Center Arm Rest please for fitting purpose and or installing. Thank you.