Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain m7 catch can install with stock intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
russwashburn
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m7 catch can install with stock intake

I am trying to find a location to install a m7 oil catch can. I am using a k&n typhon intake so the stock lower intake tube is still being used. Thus the bracket they supply is useless. I am thinking of installing on the plastic tab on the drivers side of the firewall. It will fit perfectly but I don't want to screw something up. Why is the tab there anyway?? Will the can over heat other items close by? Thanks.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by russwashburn
I am trying to find a location to install a m7 oil catch can. I am using a k&n typhon intake so the stock lower intake tube is still being used. Thus the bracket they supply is useless. I am thinking of installing on the plastic tab on the drivers side of the firewall. It will fit perfectly but I don't want to screw something up. Why is the tab there anyway?? Will the can over heat other items close by? Thanks.
Quite a few people install their catch cans to that tab with no problems. The tab is there for a hood open sensor.