Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain RMW Tuning Feedback -How's your R56 MINI doing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stig One
YESSSSSSS

JAN

how much and where do i send payment ?

I'm going to do some talking to them next week to get the pricing down on some group buys. Patience, it will help with the wallet

Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Does anyone know the numbers on a stock MCS with the RMW tune?

Old 10-27-2009, 08:16 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
Does anyone know the numbers on a stock MCS with the RMW tune?

This was the very first iteration of the RMW tune though...it has since progressed quite a bit!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
RUMM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we order a more specific R56 tune like say with x,y,z mods, say like: with 3" downpipe to resonator and 2 1/2" back from there, crank pulley, coil amplifier, Forge Motorsports intercooler & K&N panel filter.

Then of course I assume we can have you remotely tune if we want, or what about a Street-Tuner type software like the Accessport?

Rumm

Last edited by RUMM; 10-27-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM
RUMM
2nd Gear
Duplicate

Last edited by RUMM; 10-27-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMCS

This was the very first iteration of the RMW tune though...it has since progressed quite a bit!
Wow!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 AM
phillyMCS
1st Gear
YESSSSSSS

JAN

I'm right with you Stig!

I don't mind waiting Jan, it's the not knowing how long I have to wait that would bug me...updates would be really nice.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YESSSSSSS

JAN

X2....

Mark

Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus

This is pretty impressive. Just remember that some MCS are more equal than others. The best dyno pull my modded '08 MCS showed a very respectable (to me) 237.5lb-ft/202.4WHP after the tune. Sometimes you just get a good one.

Other thing to note. Post-RMW my MINI was pretty aggressive and still showed some hesitation at take off from streetlights. After about 2weeks soemthing happened and the whole engine just smoothed out. The "sport" button was no longer necessary to prevent hesitation and the power delivery was just gorgeous: smooth and predictable. In Sport Mode, though, I no longer call my MINI "Piper". In Sport Mode she is "The Psycho B**** From H3LL". Y'know.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OPC
Other thing to note. Post-RMW my MINI was pretty aggressive and still showed some hesitation at take off from streetlights. After about 2weeks soemthing happened and the whole engine just smoothed out. The "sport" button was no longer necessary to prevent hesitation and the power delivery was just gorgeous: smooth and predictable. In Sport Mode, though, I no longer call my MINI "Piper". In Sport Mode she is "The Psycho B**** From H3LL". Y'know.
Interesting that you say this. I had my mini tuned not quite 2 weeks ago and it at times shows hesitation. I just did a track weekend and sometimes coming out of the corner the ECU cuts the boost. Mostly on longer sweapers that required slow throttle build. I also noticed that if I completely lifted and then got back into the throttle hard it would be fine.

All in all the car pulls like crazy and I love the tune, just a few very minor idiosyncrasies like that.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
countryboyshane
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by btwdriver
Interesting that you say this. I had my mini tuned not quite 2 weeks ago and it at times shows hesitation. I just did a track weekend and sometimes coming out of the corner the ECU cuts the boost. Mostly on longer sweapers that required slow throttle build. I also noticed that if I completely lifted and then got back into the throttle hard it would be fine.

All in all the car pulls like crazy and I love the tune, just a few very minor idiosyncrasies like that.
I don't have a tune, but what you described is how I get into overboost really quick. For some stupid reason it won't go into overboost all the time when you slam the throttle wide open.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:00 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by countryboyshane
I don't have a tune, but what you described is how I get into overboost really quick. For some stupid reason it won't go into overboost all the time when you slam the throttle wide open.
What I have experienced is the best way to get it to boost fully is with a more abrupt application of throttle. With the slow build it sometimes would not want to generate more than 9psi or so. This only happened a couple of times and wasn't a big deal, I just never saw that behavior with my stock tune.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:28 PM
LiLReD1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
X2....

Mark
x3 I'm in for one!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
tacostrk
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
I'm going to do some talking to them next week to get the pricing down on some group buys. Patience, it will help with the wallet
I'd like to be added to the group buy list then

Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
scott48
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
yes
sweet, i will be there as well....really curious about this handheld device

Last edited by scott48; 10-27-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by scott48
sweet, i will be there as well....really curious about this handheld device
I'll be there too ....all week

Old 10-28-2009, 05:15 AM
D-Unit
4th Gear
One of the best parts: for those that had an R53 and miss the burble.......it's baaaaaaaaaaaack!! I know a lot of you have been waiting for that, and he found the mapping for it. Sounds wicked!
...and you are posting videos of this soon I assume? You wouldn't just leave us to wonder at how wicked the sound really is would you?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Interesting that you say this. I had my mini tuned not quite 2 weeks ago and it at times shows hesitation.
THAT is my only idiosyncrasy, sometimes I'll go to pull away from a light and it's like I'm starting off in 5th gear. I've embarassed myself a few times.

I just did a track weekend and sometimes coming out of the corner the ECU cuts the boost.
In two weeks I'll be spending the weekend at Roebling Road in GA. I'll see how the car reacts at the track.... I'm assuming good because the engine will obviously spend most of it's time in the higher rpm range but we'll see.

Mark

Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 AM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
In two weeks I'll be spending the weekend at Roebling Road in GA. I'll see how the car reacts at the track.... I'm assuming good because the engine will obviously spend most of it's time in the higher rpm range but we'll see.

Mark
You will be happy with the results at the track. Every corner that I was even close to redline at before, put me into another gear this time.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 AM
countryboyshane
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What I have experienced is the best way to get it to boost fully is with a more abrupt application of throttle. With the slow build it sometimes would not want to generate more than 9psi or so. This only happened a couple of times and wasn't a big deal, I just never saw that behavior with my stock tune.
I think it may be because you have an '07.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
My car, if I was driving it - involved in a hit n run - is still running great.

The cold weather really turns the MINI into a beast with this tune. The TRQ is still there when I step on the gas and it carries through 6th gear just like day one.

Only issue I had with the tune is it threw my electronics a bit out of wack. Nothing major, but my car kept saying it needed a check up and my air was low in my tires on startup even though it didn't need either, but during driving the lights go away and dont come back on until startup again. Weird, but nothing to get bent out of shape for...

I do notice a higher spike in PSI when I hit the gas abruptly then if I were to gradually put it to the floor in first, but a mash on the pedal in second or higher and I'll still hit 15s or higher.

Didn't get a chance to run it at the track - I'm sure the TRQ is awesome coming out of a turn...slow in, fast out. I know the JCWs perform well, I can only imagine a RMW tuned JCW.

All in all, I am still impressed and very pleased by the tune. I was an early customer so I'm sure once the remote is done, the maps will be trialed and tested for stronger numbers than what I got back in April. Can't wait!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
dtsoccer, you are back on. Have not heard from you in a long time.

Going to Lime Rock this Saturday?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Hey Slinger - yeah, I been busy with my new job and school, so I been MIA. However, my car is in the shop because of a hit and run. Won't have it for awhile, probably until mid November...so sadly no, I wont be able to come to LRP this Sat.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, that is bad. Was it hit from the back? Is the car back at MoFC?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LiLReD1
x3 I'm in for one!
x4. I'm waiting for the flash tool before I get the tune. Just want to be able to change back and forth to/from stock for the dealer.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain RMW Tuning Feedback -How's your R56 MINI doing?