Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain R56 custom tuning by RMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
PoktRokt
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
While I'm sure it's possible for him to de-tune something, why not go for the max safe?
maybe my question has more to do with different maps??? I only have a basic/vague understanding of how tunes work other than they make the car faster

Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMCS
It's about time people here started realizing that.

I'm really surprised people didn't have more engine issues with the UniChip...but then again there weren't that many that ever really worked right...and if they did they haven't been on long enough. Ask M7 what happened to their R56 motor

We had a customer point out this post to us this morning . I would love to hear what happened to our motor ? I am sure your story will be more entertaining than the truth but lets hear it anyway .

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
i was wondering that also. i figured if something had happened you would have stopped offering it for sale.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
who cares about pnp unichip or m7, this threads about rmw r56 tuning

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
btw chakraj
thanks for meeting up with my buddy for that scoop, now i just need to get him to come down to la lol

Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by maxmini
We had a customer point out this post to us this morning . I would love to hear what happened to our motor ? I am sure your story will be more entertaining than the truth but lets hear it anyway .

Randy
M7 Tuning
Nah...no need to hear all the BS from either side about it. I could care less about what you guys do or what happened. Merely stating that people should inquire more about the crap they put on their cars, before they buy it and run it. For a company that was putting out such cutting edge products you guys sure did fall of the face of the R56 world though...wheres Peter, we miss him

Run along now, thread doesn't need to turn into the M7 vs RMW hate fest of yester-year.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Nah...no need to hear all the BS from either side about it. I could care less about what you guys do or what happened. Merely stating that people should inquire more about the crap they put on their cars, before they buy it and run it. For a company that was putting out such cutting edge products you guys sure did fall of the face of the R56 world though...wheres Peter, we miss him

Run along now, thread doesn't need to turn into the M7 vs RMW hate fest of yester-year.

You said to ask M7 as to what happened to our motor? I was curious if you had a clue what you were talking about , apparently you don't . Unless RMW is telling you what to say this has nothing to do with them. This is just about you and your comment . So once again what is it that was supposed to have happened to the motor ? I do apologize to the rest of the viewers of this thread about taking it off track but once we get the details cleared up I will move on to other things , trust me

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't even bother, Randy...if Thumper had a clue as to what he was talking about, he would have come right out and said it. The cell phone must have dropped the call.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
fronjoni
4th Gear
lol seriously nobody cares about m7's r56, stop trying to salvage your credibility, if you installed a unichip its an automatic fail, it doesnt matter if your car blew or not....get over it....people arent viewing this thread going ohhhhhhh m7 blew their motor ohhhhhhhhhhhh and no one is going to think any less of you if you did

Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
I would think again if I were you Partsman, Thumper lives out there, thus more in the loop than most people. Think about it, why would he just make that up? He may not want to come right out and say it in the case that it is probably very embarrassing and Randy would be stumbling over his words to make you believe what he wants you to believe...

Funny how m7 all of sudden came out of a hole to respond...as if they didn't want to be exposed?

Truthfully though, unless you have something like a tune or another cutting-edge insanely expensive piece to sell us, this thread is for Jan and his safe, reliable, not going to blow a motor tune...

Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fronjoni
lol seriously nobody cares about m7's r56, stop trying to salvage your credibility, if you installed a unichip its an automatic fail, it doesnt matter if your car blew or not....get over it....people arent viewing this thread going ohhhhhhh m7 blew their motor ohhhhhhhhhhhh and no one is going to think any less of you if you did
exactly why I don't need to explain the "story i heard". No one gives a damn about it either way...I personally just thought it was interesting as they prided themselves on their UniChip tuning for it, which is what was being discussed in the particular post.

If people are that concerned about the "true story" they can ask Randy all about it...thus why I said "ask M7." I'm sure you'll love to babble on about it to them.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Originally Posted by dtsoccer6
I would think again if I were you Partsman, Thumper lives out there, thus more in the loop than most people. Think about it, why would he just make that up? He may not want to come right out and say it in the case that it is probably very embarrassing and Randy would be stumbling over his words to make you believe what he wants you to believe...

Funny how m7 all of sudden came out of a hole to respond...as if they didn't want to be exposed?

Truthfully though, unless you have something like a tune or another cutting-edge insanely expensive piece to sell us, this thread is for Jan and his safe, reliable, not going to blow a motor tune...
Wow...you're sucked right in!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:48 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
I would think again if I were you Partsman, Thumper lives out there, thus more in the loop than most people. Think about it, why would be just make that up? He may not want to come right out and say it in the case that it is probably very embarrassing and Randy would be stumbling over his words to make you believe what he wants you to believe...

Truthfully though, unless you have something like a tune or another cutting-edge insanely expensive piece to sell us, this thread is for Jan and his tune...
You are ruining the surprise . Yes thumper lives in the So Cal area which is why I think this may all have come about . If you drive by and see a hood up it is still a pretty big jump to whatever he thinks may or may not have happened. We have the car apart a lot , that is what we have it for , and thats part of R&D. I am not here to defend Unichip, there have been issues with some cars , not ours . There is no story here , I was just curious as to what Thumper was going to come up with .

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
You are ruining the surprise . Yes thumper lives in the So Cal area which is why I think this may all have come about . If you drive by and see a hood up it is still a pretty big jump to whatever he thinks may or may not have happened. We have the car apart a lot , that is what we have it for , and thats part of R&D. I am not here to defend Unichip, there have been issues with some cars , not ours . There is no story here , I was just curious as to what Thumper was going to come up with .

Randy
M7 Tuning
Drive by? Drive by what? Oh so now I drive by the shop and to look in and see what M7 has going on?? wow

It came about from numerous MINI friends in the SoCal scene....and no, not all of them are RMW lovers so don't go there, cuz I know you will.

So I guess theres just a large number of people down here that were under the impression the motor blew? Yep, well looks like that's all solved then. Thanks for clearing it all up Randy.... We can all sleep so much better now knowing that it didn't blow up, and that someone, somewhere, at some point mistaked the car's hood being up for it having a blown motor. Got it!

Now can you carry on elsewhere?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Partsman
Wow...you're sucked right in!
Sucked in to what, funny guy?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
fronjoni
4th Gear

Exactly.....frankly they shouldnt even be the one reponding to thumpers post....they dont do custom tunes, they use unichip for r53/r56 according to their website, which is ironic considering their name....if they did blow their car, they should be agreeing with him and complaining about unichip and pull it from their website, instead of defending themselves.....above all you guys make dress up parts for the r56, theyve got nothing to do with tuning....

Old 05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
newbs49
Banned
Can we get back to the tuning part of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
Still waiting for some new Dyno's, waiting, waiting, waiting......

Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
old81
M6
+1 ^^^^

Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Sucked in to what, funny guy?
this thread is for Jan and his safe, reliable, not going to blow a motor tune...

Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Did Peter call you and tell you to back him up? Out of nowhere your in a thread about a car you don't have defending Peter...hmmm

Anyways, I would love for people to post up their Jan tunes! Stop holding out on us!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Did Peter call you and tell you to back him up? Out of nowhere your in a thread about a car you don't have defending Peter...hmmm
Peter and Randy are both personal friends of mine...they don't have to call.
Anyways, I would love for people to post up their Jan tunes! Stop holding out on us!
Exactly...remember this post 30, 60, 90 days after yours.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:37 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Drive by? Drive by what? Oh so now I drive by the shop and to look in and see what M7 has going on?? wow

It came about from numerous MINI friends in the SoCal scene....and no, not all of them are RMW lovers so don't go there, cuz I know you will.

So I guess theres just a large number of people down here that were under the impression the motor blew? Yep, well looks like that's all solved then. Thanks for clearing it all up Randy.... We can all sleep so much better now knowing that it didn't blow up, and that someone, somewhere, at some point mistaked the car's hood being up for it having a blown motor. Got it!

Now can you carry on elsewhere?
Well at least you got the last part correct. Now you can hopefully get this thread back on track and post those numbers that everyone has been looking for . See ya around

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
Old 05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Peter and Randy are both personal friends of mine...they don't have to call.
That would explain your defense, which is cool, but it doesn't change the fact that a motor blew and they are trying to squash it. I'm sure if your personal friends, you know about it too...I'm not stressing about it...wasn't my car.

Thing is, one person says it...you don't know, but if a large number of So Cal people are talking about it...something must of happened, no?

Exactly...remember this post 30, 60, 90 days after yours.
why am I remembering this post? For what reason?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain R56 custom tuning by RMW