North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/)
-   -   Drivetrain RMW Water/Meth kit (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/161508-rmw-water-meth-kit.html)

Thumper460 01-19-2009 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Partsman (Post 2634370)
I'm pretty clear on the basics of meth injection, but tuning the car for meth is a whole 'nother ball game...

...one point i'm not entirely clear on and forgive me if I missed it in this thread...
if the car is "tuned" for meth...
1) How does it run when not using the meth?
2) Are the A/F ratios where they should be?
3) What if you're on the track(or dyno) and you run out in the middle of the run?

I can see if the car is tuned for the hard parts as they are not going anywhere, but actually tuning the car for something that you're not using 100% of the time makes me wonder how that will work.

BTW, sometimes I miss the obvious...so be nice.:grin:

I agree... if you are racing ( as most of the posted numbers do) then the meth tune is a good thing!! If you arent racing all the time, then a dual map might be the way to go ( piggy back system) for just the common man that wants the Safety of the meth and the few add'l HP/Tq numbers.. then the "Un-Tuned" system would be better. The point being .. the w/m is a work able great system. Street.. twisties ( now and then) the un-tuned system will do all of us just fine!!! The system in this thread should be the BEST thing out there, however there are alot of less expensive kits that will yield gains of 8-12 WHP on an untuned MCS!! And there has been up to 24 WHP on a Meth Tuned MCS. The key is how much for what gains.. or safety!!

Remember the HP / torque is just the by product of the safety gained!! I dont think the w/m should be used as a HP / Tq maker ( as it does) but to help the engine stay together at high boost pushing the engines. ALSO look at the dyno plots and back the numbers down to the 6800 rpm that most of us have to run with... just a thought..

Just me.............................

Thumper

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Partsman (Post 2634370)
I'm pretty clear on the basics of meth injection, but tuning the car for meth is a whole 'nother ball game...

...one point i'm not entirely clear on and forgive me if I missed it in this thread...
if the car is "tuned" for meth...
1) How does it run when not using the meth?
2) Are the A/F ratios where they should be?
3) What if you're on the track(or dyno) and you run out in the middle of the run?

I can see if the car is tuned for the hard parts as they are not going anywhere, but actually tuning the car for something that you're not using 100% of the time makes me wonder how that will work.

BTW, sometimes I miss the obvious...so be nice.:grin:

"What happens if you run out" That's why you buy our system. It tells you whats going on. The MINI isnt sophisticated enough to change the map back, but the system will do everything. That's why all the EVO and Suby guys swear by Aquamist.

We will also have a remote flash tool which will allow you to switch between maps for the guys that want it all.:thumbsup:

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Thumper460 (Post 2634634)
( piggy back system) for just the common man that wants the Safety of the meth and the few add'l HP/Tq numbers.. then the "Un-Tuned" system would be better. ! The system in this thread should be the BEST thing out there, however there are alot of less expensive kits that will yield gains of 8-12 WHP on an untuned MCS!! And there has been up to 24 WHP on a Meth Tuned MCS. The key is how much for what gains.. or safety!!

Remember the HP / torque is just the by product of the safety gained!! I dont think the w/m should be used as a HP / Tq maker ( as it does) but to help the engine stay together at high boost pushing the engines. ALSO look at the dyno plots and back the numbers down to the 6800 rpm that most of us have to run with... just a thought..

Just me.............................

Thumper

You are right about one thing, this kit is currently the best one out there for the MINI>:thumbsup:
Please watch the video again and tell me how your system can even compare with all of the data shown here? THere is NO WAY your driveability will be even close to our kit with the way it sprays.

Ours sprays exactly like your fuel injectors and doesn't drip or run on. You pay for what you get. I believe the dyno sheets posted here are to 7krpms, the gains are all through the rev range. Please show how yours is better and stop with the "CLAIMS" that haven't been proven. These same discussions have gone on around the net and the Aquamist kit has more safe guards and better design than any other kit out there. You are claiming 8-10hp but as I explained to you before it was gained by the car running leaner than stock. How is this "SAFE and beneficial for your engine?" High boost? Heck these cars will easily run 20psi all day long on the stock pistons. How many of you run 20psi all day long?

Please post the chart with 24hp I'm sure people would love to see it, then they can compare his tune to a tune done by us.:thumbsup:

I'll be waiting for your data backing up what you say:popcorn:

Thumper460 01-19-2009 08:04 AM

Morning jan..
I dont sell any water meth units !! So It really isnt any benefit to claim anything I dont have. It is safety .. I am after, and according to the Meth people I talked to.. with the results I have is fine.. but then I dont care about 20psi and 2 hours on the track either, as I am just a driver that isnt tuned (yet) and have fun with the car on a budget ( like most people) !!

No need to get fired up here... I mean, it took a few pages of debate here and they tell the story, not me and mine!! Slam me all you wish... I am sure it helps show how everyone is pretty dense on the w/m subject.. My results are on a dyno-jet, they are for me and my stuff. They are on an un-tuned MCS as most people have out there.. Why un-tuned?? I feel that I can make power on the stock ECU, and when I am finished with my testing, then I'll search out a tuner. At 205 now with NO tune, and people getting 20-25 hp on a tune.. it puts my car in the ball field for a daily driver NON track 06 MCS. but then again this is

Just me....................................

Thumper

Paul Webster 01-19-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by big howe (Post 2633992)
Paul, I am continually using my car to test different things. Jan sometimes has no idea I am doing or testing these things. Each time it has been in for dyno sessions, 4 or 5 times in the last year, the basic configuration has been the same, but numerous other items have been changed(why would I go so often)? Sometimes they are for power, sometimes for drivability(sometimes sapping power).
All of the dynos come from Churches, but all you can really compare is dyno runs from the same day. At times, my car has been stronger than what I have ever posted on the forum. So interpret it any way you want, there's much more to the story than comparing various dyno graphs indiscriminately.

The bottom line is the dyno plot in this thread is deltas from the same day, but an overall different setup from previous sessions.

P.S. Being a vendor/competitor to RMW I wouldn't think Jan is eager to answer your questions and post information for your use.

I'm just methed that we were lead to believe that you and Jan had acheived 259 with no mention that you had the W/M system on.

Thanks for the compliment that you believe I'm a competitor / vendor to the legendry RMW, but that cant be the case because we're faster :popcorn:

big howe 01-19-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 2634723)
I'm just methed that we were lead to believe that you and Jan had acheived 259 with no mention that you had the W/M system on.

Thanks for the compliment that you believe I'm a competitor / vendor to the legendry RMW, but that cant be the case because we're faster :popcorn:

I did achieve 259 without the water/meth. I never posted what I got back then when I turned it on. Why? Because I was using another vendors crappy system and the gains were very erratic. Jan didn't even like the W/M at the time because nothing would work right.

Paul, you're only faster by default, you're running a race no one else cares to run.

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Thumper460 (Post 2634721)
Morning jan..
I dont sell any water meth units !! So It really isnt any benefit to claim anything I dont have. It is safety .. I am after, and according to the Meth people I talked to.. with the results I have is fine.. but then I dont care about 20psi and 2 hours on the track either, as I am just a driver that isnt tuned (yet) and have fun with the car on a budget ( like most people) !!

No need to get fired up here... I mean, it took a few pages of debate here and they tell the story, not me and mine!! Slam me all you wish... I am sure it helps show how everyone is pretty dense on the w/m subject.. My results are on a dyno-jet, they are for me and my stuff. They are on an un-tuned MCS as most people have out there.. Why un-tuned?? I feel that I can make power on the stock ECU, and when I am finished with my testing, then I'll search out a tuner. At 205 now with NO tune, and people getting 20-25 hp on a tune.. it puts my car in the ball field for a daily driver NON track 06 MCS. but then again this is

Just me....................................

Thumper

Mike,
Are you not affliated with AutoXcoopers who sells Devil's Own Meth Kits?

We are here to educate the MINI community about the differences of meth systems. We just didn't throw one on and hope for the best. We have been testing them for over a yr and finally designed a MINI specific one. The ONLY MINI specific one in the world.:thumbsup:

if you are after safety like you say.......running your car leaner is not going to accomplish it......
people will buy what they think is best..... and this is the best one out there currently. Here at RMW we sell what we believe to be the best products available. That's why people seek us out.

For those who really want a superior system made for a MINI feel free to contact us and we will be glad to show you how and why ours is superior.:thumbsup:

Paul Webster 01-19-2009 08:59 AM

Now I'm even more confused :confused:

Why have you lost so much torque between May and Oct :mad:

May 3k 195 / 4k 205 / 5k 205 / 6k 209 / 7k 187

Oct 3k 177 / 4k 189 / 5k 198 / 6k 195 / 7k 183

big howe 01-19-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 2634795)
Now I'm even more confused :confused:

Why have you lost so much torque between May and Oct :mad:

May 3k 195 / 4k 205 / 5k 205 / 6k 209 / 7k 187

Oct 3k 177 / 4k 189 / 5k 198 / 6k 195 / 7k 183

Paul, please re-read my previous post. I can speak slowly if it helps.....

I will re-write it again. The parts on the car are changing all the time. It's called R&D. Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. There were probably half a dozen different changes on the car in October from May. I know why the torque is different, but it's not my job to tell you, nor does it matter to the topic at hand.
As I said before, comparing dyno graphs indiscriminately doesn't tell the whole story. The graph in this thread is same day runs proving out this W/M system.

BigShow 01-19-2009 09:34 AM

At last it had now become clear!! So without the meth etc you've now got roughly the same power as mine which considering our mods completly makes sense!!

So all this chat about the difference between ours being down to the tune/dyno etc is really down to you having the meth on during the dyno session... which makes a perfect case for me getting meth no?

Thanks for making everything clear BigHowe as it will help us on our DynaPack Dyno day this coming Saturday when we're comparing data etc with our American cousins.

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BigShow (Post 2634847)
At last it had now become clear!! So without the meth etc you've now got roughly the same power as mine which considering our mods completly makes sense!!

So all this chat about the difference between ours being down to the tune/dyno etc is really down to you having the meth on during the dyno session... which makes a perfect case for me getting meth no?

Thanks for making everything clear BigHowe as it will help us on our DynaPack Dyno day this coming Saturday when we're comparing data etc with our American cousins.

I can show you numerous cars that have made 250whp+ WITHOUT W/M:wink:

btw.... did you miss the part where he said he made 259whp WITHOUT the meth?

roflmao..............

Paul Webster 01-19-2009 09:43 AM

Yup I totally agree with you bighowe sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward, but that is some serious step backwards.

Will you be putting the 259 combo back on and then spraying the water / meth and then showing us the results very soon ??? As teh 240 plus the meth on is surely irrelevant as that combo off parts obviously doesn't work for whatever reason.

When will you be showing us some acceleartaion data with and without meth in various gears?

big howe 01-19-2009 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BigShow (Post 2634847)

You and Paul can make of it what you want, apparently both of you have a reading comprehension problem, the 259 was dry. I have dyno graphs in the 260's for the record. No use posting because for an apples to apples comparison, Danny beats me hands down.
I know you guys are behind the power curve, but it really is pathetic the excuses you look for to make yourselves feel better.

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 2634857)
Yup I totally agree with you bighowe sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward, but that is some serious step backwards.

Will you be putting the 259 combo back on and then spraying the water / meth and then showing us the results very soon ???

When will you be showing us some acceleartaion data with and without meth in various gears?

we will GLADLY show it to you............when you start paying vendor fees :wink:

newbs49 01-19-2009 09:58 AM

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does it go?
Gas or a$$ nobody rides for free. :wink: :razz:

Revolution Mini Works 01-19-2009 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by newbs49 (Post 2634887)
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does it go?
Gas or a$$ nobody rides for free. :wink: :razz:

I have seen Paul in person and the later is definitely something I'm NOT interested in.............:lol:

scolburn79 01-19-2009 11:33 AM

Now this is a good slinging match. I'm on the edge of my seat about to start ROFLMAO :popcorn: But seriously guys this is jan's thread and he has posted up the benefits of his kit. Yeah it might be on the expensive side but we all now his gear works :nod: :nod: So instead of battering him why don't we praise him for all the good things he is doing for the mini community!!

D-MAN 01-19-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 2634673)

Please post the chart with 24hp I'm sure people would love to see it, then they can compare his tune to a tune done by us.:thumbsup:

That was my car that got the 24hp gain from an alkycontrol meth kit and meth tune.
The results have been posted on minitorque if anyone wants to have a look, and they can make up their own minds. I am not going to rehash it in a RMW thread on NAM, as I do not want all the BS.

scolburn79 01-19-2009 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by D-MAN (Post 2635043)
That was my car that got the 24hp gain from an alkycontrol meth kit and meth tune.
The results have been posted on minitorque if anyone wants to have a look, and they can make up their own minds. I am not going to rehash it in a RMW thread on NAM, as I do not want all the BS.

Dude your tune was done through a Haltech and their is your problem straight up!! Plus they only tuned it to 5500-6000RPM but it dips off at the end, all of jan's tunes are to 7800+ and his don't dip off at the end :nod: :nod:

big howe 01-19-2009 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by D-MAN (Post 2635043)

Obviously you want the BS as you just brought it in here. Since you opened the door, I'm not sure I'd be too confident with a dyno plot(or a tune) that starts loosing power after 6000rpm.

Paul Webster 01-19-2009 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by big howe (Post 2634860)
You and Paul can make of it what you want, apparently both of you have a reading comprehension problem, the 259 was dry. I have dyno graphs in the 260's for the record. No use posting because for an apples to apples comparison, Danny beats me hands down.
I know you guys are behind the power curve, but it really is pathetic the excuses you look for to make yourselves feel better.

I'm really struggling to think what you must of changed to loose so much torque everywhere, what did you change ?

You must have some dynapac results of the 259 combo and meth by now?

You must of thought the handbrake was on all the time with that October combo :nod:

D-MAN 01-19-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by scolburn79 (Post 2635054)
Dude your tune was done through a Haltech and their is your problem straight up!! Plus they only tuned it to 5500-6000RPM but it dips off at the end, all of jan's tunes are to 7800+ and his don't dip off at the end :nod: :nod:

Look at the graph and you will see gains all across the entire range :thumbsup: and the gains are up top also.
I don't know about you but I don't drive my car regularly at 7800+ :lol: , my car is tuned for my driving style on the street.
The car has also undergone heaps of dyno time, datalogging and mapping on the road to ensure the tuning is correct.
Also the Haltech works, the results speak for themselves.
If you think that Jan is the only person in the entire world who can properly tune a mini....:lol:

But this is why I didn't post my results on NAM because of the RMW groupies who jump all over everything that is not a RMW item or a rebadged RMW item...

I have never bagged out RMW products as the quality speaks for themsleves however there are other products out there that work....

Thats all from me.

Good luck with the aquamist kit:thumbsup:

D-MAN 01-19-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by big howe (Post 2635058)
Since you opened the door, I'm not sure I'd be too confident with a dyno plot(or a tune) that starts loosing power after 6000rpm.

I am only running 380cc injectors, larger injectors are going in soon then you will see more power over 6000 rpm :thumbsup:

big howe 01-19-2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 2635079)
I'm really struggling to think what you must of changed to loose so much torque everywhere, what did you change ?

You must have some dynapac results of the 259 combo and meth by now?

You must of thought the handbrake was on all the time with that October combo :nod:

Do your own testing Paul, come on you can do it.

Paul Webster 01-19-2009 12:38 PM

Usually our testing shows an increase, sometimes a small decrease, but very small to be honest.

We have seen 10ftlb losses when customers have tested parts we haven't tried or recommended.

But thats all the fun off it, but the best part is then going and testing it on a track and getting Kudhos from other petrolheads.