North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/)
-   -   Drivetrain RMW Water/Meth kit (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/161508-rmw-water-meth-kit.html)

newbs49 01-16-2009 08:10 AM

Jan
What mix do you use on your setup? Or what would be best.

BlimeyCabrio 01-16-2009 10:01 AM

Also anything more than 50/50 is flammable...

And always be careful when working with chemicals... we had a guy I knew here about 20 years ago that put his Ferrari 308 in a ditch. He decided to fix it himself. Got fiberglass resin on his hands... used octane booster to try to clean it off... and it killed him DEAD. Quickly.

Revolution Mini Works 01-16-2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by newbs49 (Post 2631215)
Jan
What mix do you use on your setup? Or what would be best.

All depends on the setup and tank

NOTDULL 01-16-2009 01:14 PM

I read today Methanol is reactive with aluminum (acts as an acid). Are there any issues with running 100% on the Mini?

Thumper460 01-16-2009 01:14 PM

Great stuff ... is there any results on the HP gains on a MCS?? befor and after tune?? and sheets ?? Got to admit this w/m is the key to a lot of power.. what did you get from a few of your cars?? I suspect the tuning is a big key ..yes??

Just me.................................

Thumper

//MZero 01-16-2009 03:03 PM

Jan, any plans to set this up to use the headlight washer tank. I understand the need for many to have a separate tank, but I'm sure a lot of us that prefer the sleeper/hidden look would be happy using the headlight tank. Less lines, no lines in the cabin to potentially break inside, no pump sound from inside the cabin...only loss is you cant use those oh so cool windshield washers any longer :lol:

Eric - The oil cooler caller :lol:

big howe 01-16-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by //MZero (Post 2631818)
Jan, any plans to set this up to use the headlight washer tank. I understand the need for many to have a separate tank, but I'm sure a lot of us that prefer the sleeper/hidden look would be happy using the headlight tank. Less lines, no lines in the cabin to potentially break inside, no pump sound from inside the cabin...only loss is you cant use those oh so cool windshield washers any longer :lol:

I did it a long time ago to my car. There are positives and negatives. If someone is interested I can forward details.

ClintTheMiniOwner 01-16-2009 04:41 PM

How much can your washer fluid tanks hold?

big howe 01-16-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by ClintTheMiniOwner (Post 2631907)
How much can your washer fluid tanks hold?

I think the windshield is a little over two quarts. The headlight is almost 3 quarts. But I'm not sure of exact numbers. Like I said, filling almost daily(or sooner) if driven hard. You could always carry a sealed jug in the trunk I suppose. 50/50 isn't directly flammable so.... Or for the really ambitious, you could tie both tanks together for about 1.25 gallons.

D-MAN 01-16-2009 05:30 PM

Any before and after dynos of the power gains with this system?

scolburn79 01-16-2009 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by D-MAN (Post 2631963)
Any before and after dynos of the power gains with this system?

Maybe if you looked at the start you wouldn't have to ask:nod:

Revolution Mini Works 01-16-2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Thumper460 (Post 2631662)
Great stuff ... is there any results on the HP gains on a MCS?? befor and after tune?? and sheets ?? Got to admit this w/m is the key to a lot of power.. what did you get from a few of your cars?? I suspect the tuning is a big key ..yes??

Just me.................................

Thumper

are you asking what a good tune looks like ?

Longboard Mini 01-16-2009 09:52 PM

So Jan, (AKA Donky boy)

For anyone who has an old style W/M system can it be updated to the new system?

Longboard

Revolution Mini Works 01-16-2009 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longboard Mini (Post 2632299)
So Jan, (AKA Donky boy)

For anyone who has an old style W/M system can it be updated to the new system?

Longboard

if you have the right style of pump........yes:thumbsup:

silversmoke06 01-16-2009 10:15 PM

Looks like Longboards watercooled check book is gonna get another run....LOL

//MZero 01-16-2009 11:06 PM

After you get my first question, answer this one. Danny's car...over 300whp on M45 with Meth?!?:eek2:

D-MAN 01-17-2009 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by scolburn79 (Post 2632145)

Found it :thumbsup:
So a 12 hp gain
Is that with the meth and a tune for the meth
or
Just the meth on a standard map?

D-MAN 01-17-2009 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by scolburn79 (Post 2632145)

How's the car going?

Any dynos yet Stephen?

I am looking forward to see how much hp you put down with all your RMW goodies on an Aussie dyno...:thumbsup:

scolburn79 01-17-2009 03:50 AM

No Rush for me, it is just a work in progress. Will let you know though when it happens :nod:

Revolution Mini Works 01-17-2009 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by //MZero (Post 2631818)

sure it can be done:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by //MZero (Post 2632332)
After you get my first question, answer this one. Danny's car...over 300whp on M45 with Meth?!?:eek2:

Just don't think the blower is big enough:sad:

Originally Posted by D-MAN (Post 2632348)
So a 12 hp gain
or

this was on a highly tuned car already, the gains would be even bigger on an untuned or improperly tune one:thumbsup:

the beauty of the system is the repeatability. It will run those numbers over and over unlike what a normal car will do because of the heat soak

Fracky 01-17-2009 07:54 AM

Wow, this is a great looking setup & has some serious promise. The sheer bling factor of the red tank is solid. What's the capacity of the red tank & how often could you be expected to fill it?

Revolution Mini Works 01-17-2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2632506)
Wow, this is a great looking setup & has some serious promise. The sheer bling factor of the red tank is solid. What's the capacity of the red tank & how often could you be expected to fill it?

I believe it's 3gal
It all depends upon how you set the controller. Probably around 3-4 tanks of gas if set on the half way mark:thumbsup:

Of course on the track it would be more often:razz:

//MZero 01-17-2009 08:30 AM

Thanks for the info Jan! Poor little M45 :lol:

2mD 01-17-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 2632504)

Originally Posted by D-MAN (Post 2632348)
So a 12 hp gain
or

this was on a highly tuned car already, the gains would be even bigger on an untuned or improperly tune one:thumbsup:

the beauty of the system is the repeatability. It will run those numbers over and over unlike what a normal car will do because of the heat soak

i think what he wanted to know was: were both dyno runs on the same tune ? or did you modifie it to run with water/meth ?

and something i want to know: what mixture did you use ? 50:50 ? ( it kinda sounded like u used 100% :confused: )

D-MAN 01-17-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 2632504)

So a 12 hp gain without a specific "meth" tune.

What gains could you expect if you specifically tuned for the meth using this system?