Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain New turboback system from Exhaustdepot

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
BoomerMCS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok thanks. If I understand you correctly, you basically do custom work but can't replicate the OEM downpipe fittings? Correct?

You have not dyno tested your complete turbo back system yet so you don't know how it works other than the sound it makes? Correct?

Will you be doing dyno testing and have you experienced any CEL/SES issues with your prototype?

Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Exhaust Depot
Banned
Location: Orlando, my house is in fortlauderdale and im originally from da bronx
Originally Posted by BoomerMCS
Ok thanks. If I understand you correctly, you basically do custom work but can't replicate the OEM downpipe fittings? Correct?

You have not dyno tested your complete turbo back system yet so you don't know how it works other than the sound it makes? Correct?

Will you be doing dyno testing and have you experienced any CEL/SES issues with your prototype?

I dont have actual dyno numbers but i can tell you the pull on it is night and day! So far after 1.5 weeks we have no cel issues at all. The cat we use is actually CARB approved too so you should have no issues with your local laws.

If you look at the stock DP, right after the bend it flares. I need atleast 2" between the bend and the flare to get it on my machine. However as stated before, i can offer you a better connection on the system via a flex. I will also send you a loose flange which your exhaust shop can weld in place or i can make it a slip fit were you can clamp it in your self. However im not a fan of slip joint exhaust setups but if you want it i can make it happen.

If you want real power, the DP will be night and day over a catback.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there, just noticed you were from Dania. I'm from Aventura so if you can get a 3" downpipe to connect to the flange in the end of stock downpipe you have yourself another customer!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Exhaust Depot
Banned
Location: Orlando, my house is in fortlauderdale and im originally from da bronx
Originally Posted by richi0207
Hey there, just noticed you were from Dania. I'm from Aventura so if you can get a 3" downpipe to connect to the flange in the end of stock downpipe you have yourself another customer!

I can make you a 3" Dp and cut your oem DP rear flange to bolt up to your stock catback. However remember, your flange is not 3" so you will be going from a 3" pipe back down to a 2.3" pipe. You will undo the power that the 3" will yield you. :(

Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 AM
richi0207
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 3" catback exhaust was bolted on to the OEM downpipe so is there a possible solution with that flange to have a true 3" turboback?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Exhaust Depot
Banned
Originally Posted by richi0207
My 3" catback exhaust was bolted on to the OEM downpipe so is there a possible solution with that flange to have a true 3" turboback?

If your exhaust is a full 3" catback it must be bottlenecked down to be able to fit the stock down pipe. ANd lets just say that if i ws able to make a DP that bolts to the stock exhaust, you would have a 3" exhaust that goes down to 2.3" then back up to 3". If i make a full 3" exhaust, I would make a cut on your 3" system and weld a 3" flange so that it bolts up to my 3" DP. Now you will have a full true 3" system.