Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain DDM Works Gen2 Race Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spfdhed
I have a question about the sound with the race version. I am not looking for a significant increase in cabin noise. What is the prevailing opinion regarding the sound increase-a little or much more than normal? And, keep in mind that I am a "mature" (ie: getting older every minute!) adult and don't want a hot rod sound in the cabin. Thanks for any/all input.
I haven't checked this thread in a while... The only noise increase is that you can hear the blow-off valve when you change gears or lift off of the go pedal. There is also a slight increase in sound on heavy acceleration too but it's far from obnoxious.

For those that are debating on getting the street or race kit... Below are my opinions and my opinions only!

ANY intake system that increases flow is a good thing!

Where the DDM Works Race Intake System differs is that it's not a little boxed-off area with a cone filter sitting under your hood taking in under-hood air temperatures. It makes your hood scoop functional and directs ambient air right over the filter and into the filter box.

When I saw the full race intake system, the first thought in my mind was, "damn! that's a GREAT idea!" I had seen some of the other brands installed on other people's cars and had decided not to buy them. I didn't go to MOTD 08 looking for mods other than the stripes that AC installed. In fact, other than the stripes, I had absolutely no intention of modifying my MCS at all, ever. When I saw Dave's R56 I realized immediately what a benefit that system would be so, I bought one.

Dave does currently have dyno sheets and other pertinent info up on his website for the full race intake. Go take a look!