Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Anyone gone GONZO? (+250 hp)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
a96bimmerm3
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mini creeper
I know with the mkV gti tuners had initial issues tuning their direct port injections system. Now they have solved those issues, (kind of like what alta and unichip are doing) installed auxillary fuel pumps, and they're beginning to max out their turbos.

This is going to be the only circumstance I'll ever say this but it's probably easier for VW owners because they have a lot of different tuners involved in development. Being a VW owner I've never even thought of such things being strung together into one sentence. When time passes I'm sure there will be more tuning options. Even ross tech/ VAG-com is developing a tool to diagnose our cars. Which for you non VW guys is probably the best think you can buy for a VAG car.

I purchased my mini with hopes that there would be a lot of tuning options. I took into account what fueling bar/psi's the fsi motored gti's are pushing and it's really crazy and I don't see us being too far behind.

On another note, high horsepower means nothing if you can't get it to the ground. Evo 60 ft. times are going to be tough to beat for the average "boy racer." Lighweight parts or weight reduction helps considerably but partnering it with cutting good 60' times and learning shift points will help more than a stage whatever turbo.

I believe the vdub fsi fuel pumps will drop right in. I hope so. Mini will be much easier. FSI is very very similar between the cars.