Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Pipercross High Flow intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 07:53 PM
MiniMe762
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the Pipercross intake from Mini-Madness on Wednesday, and thought I would share the results with you all...

First, installation is a breeze. Took me about an hour from beginning to end. The instructions provided weren't the greatest, but they got the job done. You won't believe the size of the factory airbox when you pull it off! (Why so big, MINI?) The only really messy part was adding the oil to the foam filter to maximize filtration. The stuff dripped everywhere, but a couple rags fixed that.

At first, I didn't notice any change in performance. I tend to drive my MINI conservatively most of the time, but when I did drive a little harder, the intake noise really got my attention! Obviously not as loud as a Dodge Viper, but a nice gutteral rumble as you pass about 3200 rpm. Mid-range torque is definitely improved! Overall, not a bad buy for $160. Looks great too.

I certainly like the fact that no mods were required in the engine compartment, so it is easy to go back to the factory airbox, although I see no reason to. Check it out if you're looking to do some light upgrading to an already hot-ticket item! If anyone wants pics, drop me a line.

Jason