Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain How easy is it to uninstall a venom kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 AM
fozworth
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How easy is it to uninstall a venom kit

I have a venom nitrous kit fitted to my mini.This was already fitted when i bought the car.I want to remove it and sell it but didnt know if the wiring install is realy involved and therefor a nightmare to take out.If the worst comes to the worst i will just remove the bottle from the trunk.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM
El_Griton
6th Gear
depending on how they did the install, you might have a big hole in one of your intercooler horns. so you might need a new one of those also. (sorry just lettin you know theres more)

as for the wiring, I would get on the horn with someone at m7 and see what they think.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by El_Griton
depending on how they did the install, you might have a big hole in one of your intercooler horns. so you might need a new one of those also. (sorry just lettin you know theres more)

as for the wiring, I would get on the horn with someone at m7 and see what they think.
If the horn is tapped all you will need is a plug.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
I did just that recently and it takes a bit of work to dissassembly the kit carefully...start with the bottle and brackets and work your way to the electricals up front...becareful to undo the jumpers without breaking them or severing the lines that they are attached to...especially the injector harness...hopefully, the people who installed it was gentle or you may have some resoldering to do...I did the install so I faced no issues undoing mine for resale...good luck...