Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

OctaneGuy's Latest Video and Paint Correction

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OctaneGuy's Latest Video and Paint Correction

Sorry I've been away...we've been VERY busy at the shop and remodeling at the same time...but I did manage to make a video of a major paint correction job. It's a Jerez Black BMW M3 that the owner picked up in 2009. It was being maintained by his own personal detailer and 3 years later, he lost the love for his car and wanted to sell it..until he found us and we restored his love and passion for his car.

Now everybody is telling him it's the BEST Jerez Black M3 they have ever seen, both detailers and enthusiasts alike.

Check out this short 2 minute video I made that shows the BEFORE and AFTER Sun shots...it's actually two videos combined into 1. Hope you like it!

Richard

Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 AM
laforze
4th Gear
Very nice work Richard!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Another great job, Richard !

You must love seeing black vehicles coming into your shop. Great opportunity to show off ! Nothing comes as close to a mirror finish as black paint does.

You still using the Prima line of products ? Sorry if you said so in your video, had to mute the audio.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
OctaneGuy
Thanks!!! This is the first video in about 10 years that I've been able to get back to my roots with my love and passion for music and making videos where I got to pull out the fun tools..instead of just putting a camera on a tripod and pressing record, lol.
Originally Posted by laforze
Very nice work Richard!
Thanks!! Make sure to watch it on a computer with sound..when you are able...like a movie soundtrack..it's everything, lol. The video is cut to the sound so it will look weird and choppy without it!

Yep we still used Prima polishes and CosmoNot and Slick however had to expand the product line out a bit to Sonax and Optimum Polymer Technologies...the owner wanted the paint to be Opti-Coated and when you do that you have to totally strip the paint of everything using IPA...so you can't rely on the beauty of Amigo to make things look good..the paint has to be perfected then stripped then sealed with the coating.

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Another great job, Richard !

You must love seeing black vehicles coming into your shop. Great opportunity to show off ! Nothing comes as close to a mirror finish as black paint does.

You still using the Prima line of products ? Sorry if you said so in your video, had to mute the audio.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting...that's why you're the pro.

Just did an '05 CR Cooper I bought last month. Clayed it, went at it with my r/o and a 50/50 mix of Cut/Swirl, then went around again with 100 % Swirl. Then hit it with Amigo and then hand applied the Epic. Still a few swirl marks and minor scratches in the paint but it still looks like red glass.

Took a little over 8 hours. Enjoyed every minute of it !

Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 AM
OctaneGuy
It's not possible or even in the best interest of any paint to make it absolutely perfect unless the car is perfectly maintained. Make the car as good as you can make it and maintain it that way or teach the owner to maintain it...it's far better than trying to make it perfect and due to neglect, they suffer clearcoat failure in the future.

Swirl and Amigo are perfect for MINI paint!

Richard

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Interesting...that's why you're the pro.

Just did an '05 CR Cooper I bought last month. Clayed it, went at it with my r/o and a 50/50 mix of Cut/Swirl, then went around again with 100 % Swirl. Then hit it with Amigo and then hand applied the Epic. Still a few swirl marks and minor scratches in the paint but it still looks like red glass.

Took a little over 8 hours. Enjoyed every minute of it !

Old 09-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Texas Miniac
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just watched the video on a computer screen, BEAUTIFUL WORK kids!!! Nice job! Make me want to do that to my 2001 Acura CL. Our Mini doesn't need all that.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
OctaneGuy
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Texas Miniac
Just watched the video on a computer screen, BEAUTIFUL WORK kids!!! Nice job! Make me want to do that to my 2001 Acura CL. Our Mini doesn't need all that.