DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

The band "LIVE" is playing tonight in FFX - $10!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The band "LIVE" is playing tonight in FFX - $10!

Hey everyone,

Short notice, but in case anyone is interested, the rock band LIVE is playing tonight at the Fairfax County festival / fair (aka Celebrate Fairfax! Festival). Tickets are only $10, which is the cost of entry to the fair itself. No additional charge to see the band, they are part of the festival.

Some people may remember them for a number of hits, especially from the album "Throwing Copper", particularly the hits "Lightning Crashes", "I Alone" and "Selling the Drama".

Anyway, the gates to the festival open at 6, but the concert doesn't start until 8. I'll probably be there around 7, and some other (non-MINI) friends will be showing up too.

A well-respected modern rock band concert for only $10? If you don't have plans already, come on down - it's a great deal!

After going down to Richmond to see Tool last night (awesome show... kinda wish I could see them tonight in Baltimore again, although it would cost much more than $10 haha), and now LIVE tonight, my ears will be ringing all weekend!

(Last year I saw Collective Soul at the same festival - also fantastic... I think Pat Benatar was the year before... seems that Fairfax County always brings big acts to the annual festival...)

Old 06-09-2007, 06:49 AM
STEWIE
3rd Gear
Tonight its Smash Mouth. If it doesnt rain, Im going. Im in the mood for some loud!!

Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by STEWIE
Tonight its Smash Mouth. If it doesnt rain, Im going. Im in the mood for some loud!!
Originally Posted by All Star
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
That song on the radio drove me nuts all of '99

Enjoy the show, I am headed out to VA Beach in a few (with Nigel), so I won't be able to make it :(

Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by STEWIE
If I didn't already have other plans tonight, I'd be going back for Smash Mouth too. LIVE was great, I'm sure SM will be as well!