R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 High School MINI Owners Club (HSMOC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:30 AM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High School MINI Owners Club (HSMOC)

Sorry again, there are too many clubs already, but........... Lets make a new one. If your in high school and own a mini, then join, call a number and some high schooler with photoshop "skillz" needs to make a logo.

HSMOC #1

Oh yeah, post your story on how you bought it aswell.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 AM
polizei
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HSMOC #2.

I own an 03' IB/B MCS and I bought it 4weeks ago. I saved my money since I started working, at 14 and now have one! I'm currently 16 and will be 17 in July.

-Cody

Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 AM
mcdbrendan
5th Gear
shouldn't it be HSMOC, not HCMOC?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Cheetos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
shouldn't it be HSMOC, not HCMOC?
:impatient

Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 AM
nethack
3rd Gear
Probably going to be a small club But I would be curious to know how many of the club members actually bought their own Mini's (we know polizei did) as opposed parent sponsored purchases. That being said, all the more power to ya for getting a Mini as a first(?) car!!! Welcome to the Mini world

Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM
promking
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cheetos
:impatient

I'm starting the PNFMOC in honor of my unborn son. Oh yeah, it stands for
PRE NATAL FUTURE MINI OWNERS CLUB

aLL KIDding aside good luck and congradulations on your mini ownership at such an early age.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:16 AM
polizei
6th Gear
Originally Posted by promking

I'm starting the PNFMOC in honor of my unborn son. Oh yeah, it stands for
PRE NATAL FUTURE MINI OWNERS CLUB

aLL KIDding aside good luck and congradulations on your mini ownership at such an early age.
That is great.....

Originally Posted by nethack
Probably going to be a small club But I would be curious to know how many of the club members actually bought their own Mini's (we know polizei did) as opposed parent sponsored purchases. That being said, all the more power to ya for getting a Mini as a first(?) car!!! Welcome to the Mini world
Yup, I would also like to know. I did pay for mine, and worked my *** off to get it too. The kids who get the new cars and trash them make me angry. They get **** handed to them and they ruin it, then just get a new one.... Oh well, it's today's life I guess. I just know I'll always appreciate my car more than they will, because I worked for mine, and I know what it takes.

-Cody

Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
Originally Posted by polizei
HSMOC #2.

I own an 03' IB/B MCS and I bought it 4weeks ago. I saved my money since I started working, at 14 and now have one! I'm currently 16 and will be 17 in July.

-Cody
You have no idea how much respect I have for you purchasing your own vehicle at your age. As opposed to some that will join this club that had theirs... hm... "handed" to them.

And I think you are HSMOC #1... since the first post joined the HCMOC...

Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
polizei
6th Gear

Thanks a bunch man, it really means a lot to me!

-Cody

Edit* Side story. I went to Dewey's Pizza two nights ago to meet up with some other MINI owners. We have a g2g there every month. Anyway, I was the only kid there, and I do think I got respect from the older crowd. I would say most, if not all the people there were 40+ and there I was, sitting there, at 16 talking to them about MINI stuff.....great times!

-Also, for my job, I deal with a great amount of responsiblity and I work with adults everyday, all of the time. I consider myself more of an adult than a kid. I act more like an adult, and I get treated more like an adult. Also....it may seem weird, but I find it MUCH easier to talk to adults rather than kids my own age....hrmm

Respect is something you earn, not something that you are given - I love that

Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Oh well, it's today's life I guess.
And yesterday's. And tomorrow's. They're part of the SSMOC (Silver Spoon Mini Owner's Club)

Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 AM
polizei
6th Gear
SSMOC!

Though, I do know there is a member on here that has several MINI's, and he gave (I think) his daughter the older MINI for her 16th birthday (could be wrong). I do have respect for her though, because even though I don't know her, I do know she races MINIs. Any girl that races get's probs in my book!

-Cody

Old 06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Annewithane
4th Gear
SSMOC!

Though, I do know there is a member on here that has several MINI's, and he gave (I think) his daughter the older MINI for her 16th birthday (could be wrong). I do have respect for her though, because even though I don't know her, I do know she races MINIs. Any girl that races get's probs in my book!

-Cody
We have a history of giving our old cars to our teen agers to drive. My son inherited my old Grand Caravan, my daughter will be inheriting my 2000 Odessey (after I get my MINI next month).

My 10 year old has already mentioned that she hopes I give her my 2006 MINI to drive when she turns 16!
(She has good taste.)

Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 AM
redrocket
4th Gear
count me in, ive got a similar story to you polizei (atleast how in the beginning), for how i got my 04 MCS CR/W. when i was about 9 i realized i needed to start saving for a car so i started putting like bday cash aside then when i was 14 i started working my *** off to put more money aside and by the time i was 16 i had enough money to by like an 02 reg cooper with high miles.

in a form of getting a small drop of lemonade out of a very sorrowful lemon about a year + ago (for me, to this day a little less than two years later i still mourn immensily) i was able to get the $$ to get a newer used MCS with reasonable mileage. this happened when my g-ma passed away and because her car was really really cheap when the estate was being, sold or something, i just woke up so the terminology isnt coming to me right now
basically due to that i got a pretty much free honda accord, which i recently sold, and with that cash i was able to afford an MCS, which outside of a porsche is one of my dream cars, and i always wanted a bit more of a drivers car with like a manual tranny and all. Of course in the end i actually ended up with more cash since the accord was worth more than the amount i needed to offset to an MCS, but that money is for the likes of insurance.

so i guess in one sense i was one of those kids that was "given" a car, but honestly it was really all an under the circumstances situation, b/c i had worked my butt off to buy my own car, and to graduate to my current pride and joy i still had to put in a decent chunk of my money in. But honestly i love my mini, but id gladly give it up if it could have gotten me more time with my g-ma in a healthy state
sorry for the long post

Old 06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
me! (ok, maybe not)

Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 AM
qwertmonkey
6th Gear
I'm in highschool. I have a MINI. What else is there to say? I can try to whip up a logo.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
acitydweller
6th Gear
is there going to be a "my parents bought me a mini" club too? :D

Old 06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Onimun
2nd Gear
Yea im 16, i want a mini, know alot about the old mini. Want to get into them more. LIve on great driving roads and is see them all the time.

I probally will get one later this summer, so if i do i guess i can be added to the list

Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 PM
o4amini
6th Gear
way to go

in the community where i live there are a lot of teens driving bmw's. i'm guessing many of them aren't bought with $$ they earned themselves. it used to frost my cookies to see them tooling around when i was driving a 83 toyota tercel while saving for my MINI. i bought my first new car a 1975 honda civic with money i earned. it cost me $3750 and i thought that was a lot of money for a car. glad to see a work ethic is still alive and well somewhere

Old 06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nethack
Glad you asked. I bought mine all on my own because I was a die hard jetta fan, and realized theres so much more class and looks in a mini, and I was hooked. A year later, I bought an '02 CR/W Cooper, and I proud that I did it by myself, and not just given it as a grad present.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:17 AM
MooseMan
2nd Gear
I've been saving up for a set of wheels since before I could walk. I starting price-gouging my parents for mowing the lawn and babysitting my little sister, etc. around age 6 (it quickly became cheaper to hire a professional, which they did - my first lesson in business ). My school has a pretty big theater that gets rented out by professional companies, orchestras, etc. and I've been working there as a stagehand since I was 13 (it's pretty easy work for $10/h). Also, I made some wise choices regarding the stock market, though it's been killing me these last few weeks; this morning the Nikkei dropped 3% and I lost 1100!

...yen.

Anyway, I am paying for my MINI, but I think I might be able to get insurance out of the 'rents. Then again, can't ask them for too much, 'cause they're picking up the bill for tuition.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:14 AM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Same here, my parents will pay for college, and I buy the car, its been a deal weve had for a while.

PS: I pick up my mini in 12 hours:impatient Actually when I get home from a 10 hour shift, it will be in my driveway, but whatever. And Polezi can tell you mow many requests for a ride he ot. I got like 5-8 or so.

Im so excited, I go from driving a car worth $900 to a mini cooper. Im excited:impatient

Old 11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
JuniorMint
3rd Gear
I'm 18 and yeah my grandpa bought me my 05' Cooper 5spd, but hey I picked it. I know it sounds better for someone to have been saving for years to buy a car. However ever since I got the car I have been working my *** off for all the parts, with the money that I have put into my car I could have easily sold it and bought an S but no, I like my Cooper.
I get so much slack for it, all my friends drive mustangs and pickup trucks, real manly man cars, but the ladies are allways asking for a ride in the mini.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
hyperbluerider
2nd Gear
Im getting my used 06 mini s on thursday. Cant wait for it! Class of 07!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
valcom111t
4th Gear
Originally Posted by o4amini
in the community where i live there are a lot of teens driving bmw's. i'm guessing many of them aren't bought with $$ they earned themselves. it used to frost my cookies to see them tooling around when i was driving a 83 toyota tercel while saving for my MINI. i bought my first new car a 1975 honda civic with money i earned. it cost me $3750 and i thought that was a lot of money for a car. glad to see a work ethic is still alive and well somewhere
My dad bought my car, but I still have a work ethic. I've just been lucky enough that I haven't needed to spend my savings on a car. Instead I've traveled to Italy, Canada, and California on my dime and have spent a fairly considerable amount on camera gear. Not to mention I've already started saving for retirement and a down payment on a house.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
norcalmini
Neutral
i'm 17 got a chili red 03 mini 6speed i'm had it for three month been paying it off.. I baught it just put a k and n typhoon intake in it

Quick Reply: R50/53 High School MINI Owners Club (HSMOC)