What Wheels Are These???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hujan
And I'm guessing some of the old timers who make ignorant comments like yours don't understand what "bias" means. Changing your opinion of a company's services simply because the company is run by nice guys doesn't make you enlightened; it makes you biased.

Think about it like this: If instead of making a fair criticism of Company's A intercooler, I gave the intercooler a positive review just because Company A was a NAM sponsor, what would you say?

And now you get it.
You sure are an obtuse, condescending, know-it-all.

Them being "nice" isn't why so many of us defend them and appreciate them. Read the responses you got again. They are knowledgeable and helpful! They provide great service.

You are in the vast minority here. Wonder why?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Hujan
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
You sure are an obtuse, condescending, know-it-all.
Nope. I'm a mirror. I reflect what I get. Act like a jerk, that's exactly what you'll get back in spades. Be nice, you'll get nice. Read some of my other posts on NAM. What set me off was Royson and now you for attacking me personally when all I have done is make a very fair criticism of Tire Rack and is website. Not to get all third grader on you, but you guys got personal first.

Them being "nice" isn't why so many of us defend them and appreciate them. Read the responses you got again. They are knowledgeable and helpful! They provide great service.
You know what, you're right. When I wasted tons of time on Tire Rack's website trying to find out if a give wheel came in a certain size and offset configuration, I forgot to remember that Tire Rack's employees are knowledgable and helpful. That's my bad. Man, I'm always forgetting to keep completely irrelevant information in mind when I'm about to get frustrated about a major aspect of a company's business model.

You are in the vast minority here. Wonder why?
I am? Two or three others have come on to express the very same concern as me: Tire Rack's website is not user friendly for those of us who want to search for options by wheel rather than by car. Simple as that. The fact those other posters also praised Tire Rack generally does not make me in the minority because, for the tenth time, I am not disputing that Tire Rack is the greatest forum sponsor/grassroots racing supporter/puppy saver ever. I'm sure everyone who works there is "helpful" and "knowledgable." And I appreciate their support of NAM.

But their website still leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
My first post was worthy of your response to me ? You thougth that short little post was me acting like a "jerk" ? Wow, sensitive little bugger, you are !

Yeah, you have a whole army on your side here.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Hujan
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
My first post was worthy of your response to me ? You thougth that short little post was me acting like a "jerk" ? Wow, sensitive little bugger, you are !
Gimme a break. It smacked of the very condescending attitude of which you accuse me and you know it. My "old timers" remark was a direct response to your "noob" remake, and my "ignorant" comment was a direct response to your "hyper-critical" comment. Symmetry. Like a mirror.

Yeah, you have a whole army on your side here.
Three posters (me, MotoGreg, and R60All4) posted to criticize TireRack's website.

Two posters (you and Royson) posted in support of Tire Rack. (Unless you count Clubman S Turbo's post that he has "Been using Tire Rack since 1985.")

You do the math, my friend.

And I'm still waiting for you to explain why or how one's awareness "of how much help NAMmer have received around here from their reps over the many years this board has been around" should affect a valid criticism of their website.

Are you going to do it or just continue to hurl insults at me?

Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Nope.... tired of wasting time on you and your crappy, "my opinion is the only one that is right" attitude.

And like it or not, you are a "noob". Sorry you feel that's such an insult. Get some thicker skin. And that's some pretty weak support you're counting there. LOL

You can have the last word. I know you want it.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
R60All4
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The internet gives all a voice for more to hear than our without it. Everyone has opinions, you, me, everyone. Let's try to use this forum for information instead of trashing each other.

Tirerack is a great source for what they are, decent prices, fast shipping, and quite a variety. There are other sites that cater to others needs, vividracing allows you to pick the rims you like with 100s of sizes, but no fitment info beyond bolt pattern, offsets, colours, etc. They are polar opposites in approach. Both have their ups and downs. As stated in my previous post, there are reasons to use and not use.
It all comes down to what your needs are and to use as a reference point. I'll continue to use tirerack for some vehicles and not others, just as we all use walmart for some things and target for others.

There is no right or wrong answer or opinion, just individual.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:36 PM
14R60A48
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of adjustment?

I am thinking of getting this setup and just wondering what kind of adjustment does it need?

Thank you

Originally Posted by Shoof
No need to come on so strong!

Those wheels are 19x8.5, 5x120 and have a 40mm offset. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sports, size 225/40/19, as Hujan said. That's the same size 19" tire you will find on the OE upgraded 19" wheels that Mini fits on this car. It's definitely the right sized tire. The wheel/tire combo obviously will fit, considering it's on a Countryman you see in the pic that the OP posted. It is, however, a little bit of an aggressive setup, mostly because it's an 8.5" wide wheel and a low'ish 40mm offset. Which is why it's not recommended by Tire Rack. BUT it doesn't mean it won't fit, because it will fit with some modification. I also have the same exact tires on my car, but my wheels have a 45mm offset and are 19x8.

FWIW, you can also get the OZ Superturismo LM wheels in 18x7.5 with a 47mm offset, which will fit perfectly, as well as 18x8 with a 40mm offset, which will fit with some tweaking.

Original size image, look on the lower part of the image, you'll see the tire size is 225/40/19. You can also see etched in one of the spokes it says "8.5 J X" but the rest of it is blocked by the spoke, but it says "8.5 J X 19"

Old 04-24-2017, 07:07 AM
mikey_t
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
If you read Shoof's post from 5 yrs ago in this thread, and I'm assuming you did because you quoted it, you would note that the offset needs to be increased to about 45-47. Buy wheels with this offset.

Last edited by mikey_t; 04-24-2017 at 07:16 AM.