Coopers of MINI-haha (South Dakota) The Coopers of MINI-haha forum, for owners from Minnehaha County and SE South Dakota. Visit our club site at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/coopersofMINI-haha/

Coopers of MINI-haha

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
mj_11
Coordinator :: Coopers of MINI-haha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coopers of MINI-haha

Hello from South Dakota! Please take the time to post on this thread if you would like to join the Coopers of MINI-haha!

Coopers of MINI-haha-mini.jpg

We are in Sioux Falls South Dakota in Minnehaha County, hence the name, but welcome all in the area! The more the MINIer! I'm hoping we can find more fun MINI owners that like to talk about their car and even name them!(mine's Stitch)
Hope this gets our group going!

Last edited by mj_11; 09-04-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Jen Eric
Neutral
Greetings from a fellow MINIac! It may be cold but the sun is shining and that's always a good reason to kick open the sunroof and cruise!

Last edited by Jen Eric; 04-05-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:13 AM
mj_11
Yes I agree, but can't we get som warmth soon??? I'm ready for a nice warm drive! I knew the moment I took my snow tires off it would snow. At least it's not sticking!

Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Great to see you got things started. Hope to see you at the next event MJ! Keep us to the South informed.
MINIs in the Mountains is just around the corner so look for registration on April 29th. Just putting out the invite for the MINI-ha-ha members to join those of us from CORN going down.

Jim and Trogdor the Burninator

Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Duck360198
6th Gear
So how's this club going? GOod to see something like it start up, but I know that when I go back home to Aberdeen (where I'm originally from) I NEVER see a single MINI! Hope it's a good size group and you're having fun in SoDak!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Mr. Cooper
1st Gear
Hey what's going on! Just dropping a line, I'm Steve Gilmore from Omaha, NE. I'm a fellow MINIac.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Hi all my name is Jack Long and I live in Sioux Falls. I haven't purchased my Mini Cooper S yet but I wanted to intro myself and ask if any advice can be gotten before I purchase or lease my auto. I look forward to communicating with all of you again soon. Any advice would be appreciated. PS: I print in bold b/c it's easier on my eyes.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mj_11
Hello from South Dakota! Please take the time to post on this thread if you would like to join the Coopers of MINI-haha!

(current logo under constuction)

We are in Sioux Falls South Dakota in Minnehaha County, hence the name, but welcome all in the area! The more the MINIer! I'm hoping we can find more fun MINI owners that like to talk about their car and even name them!(mine's Stitch)
Hope this gets our group going!
Hi there, I am interested but haven't got my Mini S yet.

Last edited by JacksminiS; 03-15-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 AM
mj_11
Welcome

Originally Posted by JacksminiS
Hi all my name is Jack Long and I live in Sioux Falls. I haven't purchased my Mini Cooper S yet but I wanted to intro myself and ask if any advice can be gotten before I purchase or lease my auto. I look forward to communicating with all of you again soon. Any advice would be appreciated. PS: I print in bold b/c it's easier on my eyes.
Welcome I hope you get your MINI S of your dreams! They are a lot of fun! I don'r ever want another car...ok I might buy another MINI but I would keep the one I have too! What do you want to know?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Add us to add to the ranks of MINI owners in the club, (and show me how to make one of those shiny signatures).

Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mj_11
Welcome I hope you get your MINI S of your dreams! They are a lot of fun! I don'r ever want another car...ok I might buy another MINI but I would keep the one I have too! What do you want to know?
Thanks, I pick up my 06 MCS tomorrow! I am looking to become part of the Minnehaha Club. Are you a member? Let's talk! Jack

You can check out my gallery and see the MSC I purchased. Let me know what you think! Love to hear from all of you!

Last edited by JacksminiS; 11-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
OK. When are we all getting together to motor? I know you are out there, I see you driving around.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 AM
MiniCoopaloop
2nd Gear
Im here and waiting!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Visiting Sioux Falls this summer and was wondering if there is an independent Mini repair shop in the area--just in case. Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 11:04 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Visiting Sioux Falls this summer and was wondering if there is an independent Mini repair shop in the area--just in case. Thanks
No one I have found and I wouldn't trust anyone. We have had to take ours to Omaha. The BMW dealer can do some limited things, and they have been real good to us. But, anything bigger than a thermostat housing goes south.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIPaige
No one I have found and I wouldn't trust anyone. We have had to take ours to Omaha. The BMW dealer can do some limited things, and they have been real good to us. But, anything bigger than a thermostat housing goes south.
Thanks

Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Thanks
I had to take my 06, R53 to Bloomington MN. for an O2 sensor! Hey, we need to get this club doing somethings around Sioux Falls. Like Sunday drives. Any ideas? Light up this thread!! Summer is coming and we need some MINI activity!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Hey MINIPaige are you the owner of the white Mini in Parker? I am the State Inspector and come to Parker frequently. I have seen you a few times. Always meant to stop and chat. Give me a yell!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 PM
midwestAce
1st Gear
Howdy y'all, just got mine and wanted to check in here and let you know I'm around just north of Sioux Falls (Colton) and in SF all the time.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JacksminiS
Hey MINIPaige are you the owner of the white Mini in Parker? I am the State Inspector and come to Parker frequently. I have seen you a few times. Always meant to stop and chat. Give me a yell!
Geez, there's another MINI in Parker, I thought we had the monopoly on them here. Our's aren't white. Mine is blue and her's is red. If you see me, stop me and say hi.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Geez, there's another MINI in Parker, I thought we had the monopoly on them here. Our's aren't white. Mine is blue and her's is red. If you see me, stop me and say hi.
I don't usually have my MINI with me when traveling through town b/c I have a State truck and probably doing my inspecting job. If I see either a blue or red MINI roaming the town I will honk my horn and wave to you or maybe stop and say hi.

Last edited by JacksminiS; 04-16-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
I don't usually have my MINI with me when traveling through town b/c I have a State truck and probably doing my inspecting job. If I see either a blue or red MINI roaming the town I will honk my horn and wave to you or maybe stop and say hi. My car photo's can be seen on my Gallery, take a look.

I was in Parker on Friday and was looking for a Blue or Red Mini. I didn't see either so I just drove around town, and if you ask people at the Get N Go they will tell you that they saw my Blue Mini S in their parking lot. I forgot to bring your phone number with me so I couldn't call. Give me a yell sometime and I will try to make another trip to Parker on a Saturday.

Last edited by JacksminiS; 05-22-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Zappa
5th Gear
Just thought I would post a quick "Hello". I'm a 1st gen owner - bought my MINI new in August 2002 in Memphis, TN as they were not yet available in Texas where I lived - Well it's been the best car ever and I still own and drive it daily. I moved to MiniHAHA county in 2006 and you can see my yellow Coooper S daily outside my business at 4610 W. 12th St. Hope to meet more of you soon!!

How about we all get something going for spring? Perhaps a campout at Lewis & Clark Lake (Nebraska side)??

Oh - I can proudly say (I think,,,,) I was one of the first 100 members here at Minicooper online (they changed the name to motoring some time ago...)

Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
TLKOTWN
Neutral
Just found the club

Hello,
Just found the club as a result of looking for service related issues. Glad to have found you

Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Mathew Reid
Neutral
Mini club sd!

We found a sticker on a used car I was inspecting, & am blown away there's a mini club here! I've been in Sioux Falls SD for around 6-1/2 years now, been working at Vern Eide for about 4. Rebuilt my cousin's '05 cooper S works edition, about 2 years ago, & got to drive it for a couple months. Always been a fan of the BMW versions, not so much for the chryslers.

Would love to come to a car event in town, someone email me when they are?

Quick Reply: Coopers of MINI-haha