Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R56).

Clutch Options for the Justa?! (non-s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 07:36 AM
pj.rodriguez
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Options for the Justa?! (non-s)

Hi All,

Been searching the forums for some time looking for a thread that has some information on aftermarket or OE clutch options for the justa (non-S) cooper.

I couldn't seem to gather that much info so I'm making this thread to hopefully get input and consolidate as much clutch information as possible regarding the non-s R56 coopers.

So far I have found SPEC clutches in stage 1, 2, 2+, and 3. Does anyone have any experience with any version of this clutch kit? Any personal information would be great.

Secondly there is always the OE clutch from the dealership.

Third, there are some kits from Rockauto, but again not many people have reported using any of those kits. If anyone has more information or links to personal experiences using any of these replacement clutches, please reply to this thread.

The reason for this thread is that my clutch is beginning to slip in 3rd or 4th gear. Looking for any and all information regarding clutch swaps.

If you have replaced your clutch in your R56 non-S Cooper, report here with your mileage, brand you used to replace, and if you DIY or paid a shop, how much it cost total.

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:47 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Here is a good thread on NAM about Spec: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...g-1-2-2-a.html I've seen negative and positive reviews about the clutches. For other makes I've seen more positives than for MINI's. Typically, they don't come highly recommended. Just do some good research.

Otherwise, we have their clutches available here as well as Genuine and OEM replacements: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg1.htm#item0

Let me know if you have any questions.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 03-22-2016 at 10:54 AM.