Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R56).

Go badge install

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Tommy Kardinal
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go badge install

I just got a gobadge for Xmas and I can't seem to install it according to the instructions. I have a 2008 non-s with the 3 chrome horizontal bars. The instructions and the pics on their site show this grille. In the instructions they how a vertical bar behind the 3 horizontal ones about 4/5 of the way over to the right. I don't have this. Am I just not seeing it or is there a trick to this? Thanks and merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You just need to loop the velcro strap around your grille slat, and back through the badge holder, pull it snug, velcro it down, and put the badge in, and tighten the ring.

Edit: Yeah, I just saw the instructions, i see what you mean. I just attached it horizontally, I don't have that imaginary vertical bar either.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Firefly911
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dannyhavok
You just need to loop the velcro strap around your grille slat, and back through the badge holder, pull it snug, velcro it down, and put the badge in, and tighten the ring.

Edit: Yeah, I just saw the instructions, i see what you mean. I just attached it horizontally, I don't have that imaginary vertical bar either.
Ditto. Threading it through was a challenge but with a little patience (and a pair of tweasers) we got it to work. I've had mine on for about a month now and it hasn't moved a bit.

Post a picture when you get it mounted.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Soulgrenade
1st Gear
I had the same issue when I had my slat grille...I ended up just taking the grille off to thread the velcro part through with some tweezers

Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Tommy Kardinal
2nd Gear
I haven't been home in a while but I promise as soon as I get a chance I'll upload the finished product :P also gobadge sent me a few pics to help with the install that I'll share here as soon as I get to a computer (I'm typing this from my iPhone)

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same issue. However, I took a small file and lengthened two of the small vertical slits slightly between the 2nd and 3rd horizontal grille bars (middle) below the driver side bonnet stripe (which Cary has) just enough to accomodate the Go Badge straps. I used a piece of string tied to a paperclip (which I punched through one end of the strap), fed it through one slit and pulled it out of the other slit using a small magnet - it was very easy. The straps are on horizontally and very secure.