Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R50).

New to MINI

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Dimi
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to MINI

Hey everyone, i have been looking at some posts on this forums very cool cars. I just got a 2004 MiniCooper non S 4 days ago. Few things i dont like A.Its British Green
B. Its automatic because my dad does not know stick so he was a hard ***.
C. Its plain and i dont know how i can make the green look nice.

Things i like about it are,
A. I got it used 2004 mint condition no scratch clean tittle 12,500$ with 14k miles
B. Black and Bage interior is amazing.

Any ideas how i can customize it or if i can resell this car what an i get for it so i can use that money to get an S-type.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
mini552
4th Gear
British Racing Green is a color that can really look great with the right regimen of care . . . polishing, waxing, etc. Lots and lots of threads about lots and lots of great products in the detailing forum. I have an MC myself, and don't miss the supercharger at all. Since you have the CVT, I recommend you do a search as I recall some great threads about how to best use that tranny to get most enjoyment. You aren't going to be able to get lots and lots of power out of your car, but that really isn't the Mini's strong suit anyway. Maximize the great handling. Lightweight wheels, no larger in diameter than 16" & sticky tires (again, lots of info in the Wheel/Tire forum). Maybe a few well chosen suspension pieces. I put a combo of Koni FSD shocks and the factory's JCW springs on my Cooper and love the ride/handling combo, especially since I stuck with 15" rims/tire which allowed me to afford some forged BBS rims that only weigh 10.6 lbs each. If you pick the right mods and don't try to make your car something it isn't, you'll really enjoy it. Good luck

Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
lilcoopr
3rd Gear
The options are endless with your MINI. Don't worry about not liking the colour right now or thinking you can't do anything with it... Check out a couple of the links I've posted for you. They are owner's clubs on NAM dedicated to BRG owners. It's a great way to see what others have done with their MINIs and give you ideas for options with yours.

The cordoba beige leather interior is a delightful combo with the BRG. Very classy and impressive. That combo always catches eyes here in the showroom.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...en-thread.html
Official British Racing Green Thread

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ners-club.html
British Racing Green Owner's Club

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
stumpie
1st Gear
Dimi Dude...reality is individual....many, many of us on this forum worship BRG color...it was my quest, couldn't find, so 'settled' for Pepper White, my 2nd choice...
You have the choicest color, and eventually you will realize.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
jdonaldlukas
3rd Gear
BRG

Just a couple things I've found to be pretty cool, FWIW.

Cooper S side skirts - not too tough to install and add a little flare to the sides.

Cooper S front bumper and Euro spec grille (black) with flat chrome trim pieces (from 2005+ models, I believe). You'll see the bumper covers show up in the marketplace section from time to time. The grille and trim I ordered from a dealer. The install of both isn't too tough and there are a few DIY write-ups around which help.

Prima Epic wax - This seemed to deepen, almost darken the color a bit, which helps with contrast against the white. I get comments on it all the time.

I've made a few more tweaks to mine since this pic was taken, but that should get you started. As far as performance goes, I think mini552 is right on (except for the "use that tranny to get most enjoyment" bit )

Attached Thumbnails New to MINI-photo-17-.jpg