ClubMINI.ph The ClubMINI.ph forum. A club for MINI owners in the Philippines.

Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2012, 02:19 AM
raffy888
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey im 100% filipino but i moved here in the US when i was 10 soo ive been living here for quite a while, well i just ordered my brand new 2012 mini cooper hardtop like 4 weeks ago and i cant wait!!

Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM
miles_miles7
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this group is not active anymore and maybe moved on to something else. Goodbye to this group.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM
TomC3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been over a year since anyone posted here. Just to jump start, allow me to let you guys know that I'm a first time Mini owner. Bought a pre-owned 2010 S with 16k kms at the local dealer a couple of weeks ago. Am very happy with it and looking forward to learning more stuff about the Mini from you old timers.

Last edited by TomC3; 07-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 AM
drea-min
3rd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GTV
Oh, import duty is at least a 100% of the assessed value of the car. Considering its an 06, it's like paying for another unit once again.
Unless you have military or balikbayan considerations, but I hear this has been revoked.
I hope the club still active, i am in Honolulu Hawaii and I am thinking bringing home my 02 MCS to the Philippines, when i retire or sooner, i drove all the way to Mulanay Quezon Province and i like to test drive the Mini at the Bitukang manok zigzag road located at Atimunan Quezon close to Lucena,...wow.. at first scary when driving regular car but with the. Mini design it hugs the road it will be awesome experience!!
Anybody had any idea how much it cost to bring a car? I heard if the car has Salvage Title cutting the tariff cost to 3/4 the amount.....also the destination Port made a lot of difference. FYI
Have a nice motoring! Hope someone still monitoring this site and start the forum....again...
Salamat po and Mabuhay
BTW: i was there in the philippines last Januay-Feb and haven't seen much Mini, saw few 4doors on the Express way. Saw a beautiful old Classic Mini at Lucena SM parked and fully restored its awesome and got a chance to talk to the lady owner.

Last edited by drea-min; 05-23-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
I just got to the Phils and am currently awaiting my MINI to be shipped from Korea to Manila. It is a long process dealing with the import brokers here. The MINI may be here by Sept. I would like to meet up with you MINIacs in the Phils. Drop me a PM if you wish.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 PM
rt808
2nd Gear
Taguig mini dealership

Armydog,

I was there this year and there are few Mini Cooper dealership, infact 1 in Taguig area, also there's a big Mini rallies going on soon i think 80 plus years anniversary.
Their new website is Pinoymini.com. Good luck an dplease post your experiences with the Corrupt customs in the philippines.

Last edited by rt808; 07-29-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 PM
ArmyDog
yes the customs is corrupt. It is a long process dealing with the BIS and also getting a broker to handle all the paperwork with customs and the LTO. If you need information I suggest you check out the BIS web site. All the requirments are there but the fees are outrageous!
I did visit the MINI dealership in Manila and the owner/manager told me a lot of BS about re-tuning etc. I told him I would go there to get an oil change and to change my brake sensors.
I have seen 4 new MINIs here in Paranaque and one of the Korean markets here the Korean owner has a MINImoke.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 AM
rt808
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ArmyDog
yes the customs is corrupt. It is a long process dealing with the BIS and also getting a broker to handle all the paperwork with customs and the LTO. If you need information I suggest you check out the BIS web site. All the requirments are there but the fees are outrageous!
I did visit the MINI dealership in Manila and the owner/manager told me a lot of BS about re-tuning etc. I told him I would go there to get an oil change and to change my brake sensors.
I have seen 4 new MINIs here in Paranaque and one of the Korean markets here the Korean owner has a MINImoke.
Are you being discharge from the US Army? If you are i hope the military will pay all your expenses, but then i heard since the US pulled out of the country they are no longer provide the expenses and no exception.
Yes i was planning to bring my MCS but since its too expensive my other alternative is to buy the Classic Mini, less complicated when it comes to electronics plus i can buy parts in the US and bringit home.
I might have to declare my car Title to SALVAGE, they said saving 90% of VAT are being charge,
Cons: selling the car with salvage title will lessen the value of the car which its ok with me and not planning to sell it.
BTW: Which port did you send your car? I heard some other port are less complicated (North Port) is the best rather than directly to Manila.
Anyway good luck kabayan.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 AM
bong
1st Gear
more power to you guys back home!!! i think its time to start a filipino mini owner group here in the states.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 PM
rt808
2nd Gear
As far as changing oil... I'd rather DIY easy, brake sensor... you can change it yourself.
I've been buying tools for my car little by little at a time when times comes just put all in the balikbayan boxes and go.
Good luck and post all your experiences here at NAM.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:10 PM
rt808
2nd Gear
ArmyDog... Any update regarding your car?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 AM
ArmyDog
update

My MINI arrived 19 Sept and I am still dealing with the broker and customs and my bank is a hassle.

Word to the wise,,,,,don't ship yer MINI to the Phils unless it is badass modified and u can afford the cost. If yer MINI is stock...sell it and don't import it.

I;m paying the cost cuz I wanna shake up the MINI community here. I'm a hot rodder since 10 racing etc.

BTW///I have a line on a 1970 Celeca GT track car and I am getting my wife's grandfathers 1969 VW Bug. Will keep me busy since I retired here in April.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
rt808
2nd Gear
My MINI arrived 19 Sept and I am still dealing with the broker and customs and my bank is a hassle.

Word to the wise,,,,,don't ship yer MINI to the Phils unless it is badass modified and u can afford the cost. If yer MINI is stock...sell it and don't import it.

I;m paying the cost cuz I wanna shake up the MINI community here. I'm a hot rodder since 10 racing etc.

BTW///I have a line on a 1970 Celeca GT track car and I am getting my wife's grandfathers 1969 VW Bug. Will keep me busy since I retired here in April.
Congrats Bro... yeah mine is not that Modded unlike yours but i like my car the new one i called them "GIANT MINI" they look boxier now although i like the idea of having 4 doors.
Anyway i might be looking to buy the classic instead more on mechanical than the newer electronic "SUCKS", i just replaced my Supercharger because of the leaking PTO seal being the mojor culprit "bad design". I put a lot of money DYI to get my car back on the road again after 3 months of waiting for supercharger replacement.
Please keep me posted including on how much it cost to ship.

BTW: his is my car looks like and added a lot more... changed wheels etc.....

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-dsc02430.jpg  

Last edited by rt808; 10-10-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:05 AM
rt808
2nd Gear
Armydog...bro any update on your car?