ClubMINI.ph The ClubMINI.ph forum. A club for MINI owners in the Philippines.

Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
RAPI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a post to inform of the creation of a new forum: MINI INTERNATIONAL .
I hope that all this great community of NAM will join also this International MINI Forum for all MINI Owners and Enthusiasts.
Best regards.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:42 AM
carlo@southbaymini
Former Vendor
First Response!

Hi John,

Hey bro my name is Carlo I am a Motoring Advisor here in Torrance, Ca and guess what?! i was born and raised in Quezon City Ph. alright!!! San Francisco Del Monte pards! ... it is really good to know that even with only six members that you guys are active there. Where exactly in the ph. do you have that breakfast meeting? If you don't mind. Because i could remember 4 or 5 years ago before i left for the states, seeing a group of MINIs running around QC and meeting once a month in Burger King in Timog near Quezon Ave. Just thougth that might be you guys. I've always been interested in the MINI since the P.I. now I am selling them and i also have one. 06 MC Space Blue silver top with 17" s lites . Hope you can send me pics of you and the gang. Thanks and Motor Safely!

Carlo Munoz

Originally Posted by johnD
Hello to Everyone!!

First of all, we would like to say thanks to Dave of NAM for setting this up for us.

Welcome fellow Mini owners. You do not have to be in the Philippines, nor even be a Filipino to contribute to our forum. Everyone can post here! Now we finally have an official common ground.

As an introduction, our group started out with 5 Mini owners, meeting over breakfast on 2004. Now we have grown to 12 Mini owners, having occasional runs and meets. As the Mini brand does not have a dealer here in our country, our cars are very rare. Turning heads every corner we pass and getting the thumbs up from other motorists, more so if we're running a convoy of 6 Minis. The negative side to this is that we don't get officially serviced by anyone and warranty is non-existent. Our official service advisers are this forum and fellow Filipino Mini owners. Without each other, our experiences with the Mini wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Well that's it. Welcome again everyone. Post away, but I'd like to remind everyone to post responsively, we're old enough to know the rules.

John

Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 AM
johnD
Coordinator :: ClubMINI.ph
Hello Carlo,

Welcome to our forum. It is actually not as active as we'd want it to be right now, but that's because we have another forum where we post. We go all around....meets in and around the Metro Manila, fun runs to Tagaytay and trackdays in Subic. We don't normally go to the QC area for meets, maybe what you're refferring to are the classic minis?

Here is the link to the other forum:
http://euroclubphil.19.forumer.com/i...425f444d764e33

It's actually Euroclub...so we have all sorts of eurocars in the club. We're basically dominated by Bimmers and Minis. Try logging on there, we are a bunch of happy people there.

John

Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 AM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Greetings from Adelaide

Just want to say hi to pinoy MINI owners. Back in Northern NJ, I used to own a 2004 Coopers S (CR/W) then traded it in (had to have one) on a 2005 Cooper S convertible (CR of course). Then in 2007 I sold the MINI (to a nice guy in Louisville) and moved here to Adelaide, South Australia for a year! I'm now carless... Bwaaa.. but do keep an eye open for classic MINIs. I will be back in the US January and will order a 2007 (of course) MCS.. CR...

I will be in Manila in December, hopefully I can see some MINIs when I go there!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
sajpogi
1st Gear
wow! dami na palang mini dyan! Yehey!
I'm Saj. Born and raised in QC. been here in the US since 2006 only. Fairly new. I Have an 06 MC, Pepper white, black top.
Gusto ko na nga umuwi e! Trabaho lang kasi.
Ill be visiting next year for my brother-in-law's wedding.
Kita-kits!

Last edited by sajpogi; 07-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 AM
johnD
Coordinator :: ClubMINI.ph
Hello sajpogi,

It's nice to hear from other Mini owners over there. Let us know when you coming over. We have a pretty good number of mini's her already. If you want to check out our activities please click this link. It's actually a link of our parent group...all euro cars. http://euroclubphil.19.forumer.com/index.php
We have a sub forum inside this site.

John

Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 PM
ANG cooper ni EMER
1st Gear
hey everyone,
Looks like not too many posts lately, but anyways.. hey, name is emerson. I am from San fernando valley, CA and new to NAM. Glad to see marami din mga kababayan on this site. Anybody from the LA area?

btw, Carlo.. I think you were the one i spoke to on the phone about purchasing a MINI a couple of weeks ago? haha just funny to find you here.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
ED955S
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Filipino Canadian here in Vancouver, BC area wishing the Mini owners in the Phils.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Cooltones
1st Gear
Hi My Pinoy Peeps!

Born in Manila and parents brought me to California before I was even 1-year old -- Dad was in the military.

Stumbled upon your thread. Glad to see it!
Not much activity though.
Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello" and hope that some day I can make a trip back home to say "Hi" to some fellow MINI owners.

Cheers,
-Tony

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hi there Tony. I'm a military brat as well - which is why my family moved all over the US and finally ended up in Alaska.

You're right, it is a bit quiet here

Old 01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
polepino
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dickdavid
Hey everybody! Half Filipino here (the other half Polock- go figure). It's cool to see this group started.

I've never been to the islands. In fact my mom has been in the states longer than she's lived there. Although I'm not really in touch with my native heritage, I'm proud to have Filipino blood.
Lol, get out of town, my screen name says it all! All of my mom's immediate family is now here in the States so I've been lucky to grow up, while not totally immersed, with her side of the fam and that part of my heritage(Bicol baby!). My parents met non-militarily here as she was one of those 'infamous' recent UP(University of Philippines for those not in the know) nursing grads who came over to the U.S. While I've been 'back home' several times as I've grown up, I was only last back to the PI for the '99-00 new years so unfortunately I don't get there that often.

Anyways, that sucks for the guys in the PI not having any 'official' dealership there but I'm sure you'll all figure it out.

Originally Posted by True Joy
BTW, I would also like to know your thoughts on the term "FLIP". Growing up in Chicago, we found that some people used "FLIP" to mean "Funny Little Island People", or also the more derogatory "F***ed-up Little Island People. I understand it does not harbor as much sensitivity as the "N" word for Afro-Americans, but I am just curious to hear what others think of it.
Growing up in the DC metro area I found this term really only used among my youth age group(18-29), and really primarily amongst the Filipino-American community as a term to describe or ask about other possible Filipinos. I guess it is kind of like the 'N' word due to the history of it("F*cking Little Island People as I've heard it) but I really haven't heard many non-filipino's use it, and I don't think ever in a derrogatory sense(ok maybe like once), so its kind of like 'eh, whatever.'

P.S. I just realized this thread was started in the '06! D'oh!

Last edited by polepino; 01-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by polepino
Lol, get out of town, my screen name says it all!

Anyways, that sucks for the guys in the PI not having any 'official' dealership there but I'm sure you'll all figure it out.
Wow. I've got a friend from HS who is also a "polepino". The only difference is, his mother was Polish, and his dad Filipino. If I remember correctly, his dad was raised in the US as well.

Stinks that the guys in the PI don't have a dealership. I wonder if there are any reputable places to work on MINIs out there?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
polepino
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Wow. I've got a friend from HS who is also a "polepino". The only difference is, his mother was Polish, and his dad Filipino. If I remember correctly, his dad was raised in the US as well.

Haha, I always kind of contribute my parents getting together because of that good old Catholic connection(well at least in my case) both countries share.

Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Stinks that the guys in the PI don't have a dealership. I wonder if there are any reputable places to work on MINIs out there?
Well, I don't know about you, but from my experience of the Filipino community, somebody always knows 'somebody' who can help out

Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
pjourneys
Neutral
Pinoy Journeys

Hello Fellow Filipinos and Mini Enthusiasts,

I actually grew up in QC wanting (but never driving or owning) the old Mini. There used to be a "talier" (garage) in Santa Mesa QC of old Minis where my cousin used to live.

It would have kicked butt during a Slalom/Autocross (which I did for a year in 1989) using a Toyota Lift-Back (heavy in the ***) but I never saw or competed against one at all during that year. I heard they used to be very active and successful during earlier years? To see this would have been reminiscent of the Monte Carlo Rally races where the Mini Legend first started in the 60's.

I just got back from a two year job from South Africa where I drove a blue MCS. I was also part of the Mini group out of Pretoria (I will try to post some pics I took down there of Minis in the future). It was a stick, and right hand drive! Tricky for a week. Here is a pic of my old mini:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...1&d=1235096485

I currently drive a black JCW that I absolutely adore driving. Have you ever come up with excuses like "Honey, we're running low on milk.. let me go get some..." just to go out and drive the Mini. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am that person.

Best wishes and Kind Regards,

pjourneys

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-blu.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 09:00 AM
sun_one
Neutral
hello. newbie here...mabuhay!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:00 AM
sun_one
Neutral
hello. newbie here...mabuhay!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-67662_1516589229354_1073169296_31299450_6409716_n.jpg  

Last edited by sun_one; 10-14-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
miles_miles7
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to nam

Pag uwi ko next year for sure i'll get in contact sa inyo to see how your group is. We can exchange ideas, comments and just about anything MINI COOPER from service, parts, DYI, performance and etc.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Quiet is an understatement

Happy new year to you all and your families!

Most of the MINI owners who were part of the original group have sold their MINIs for other cars. There are just a handful of us who are left soldiering on I think I'm the unofficial head of the MINI PH group

The MINI dealer opened sometime in 2009 and as expected its WAY more expensive here than in the U.S. The last dealer-sponsored event was a trackday in October 2009. I had a pretty spectacular lock-up before the final corner. Damn bus stop! Even with the dealership here, I still prefer to order my parts from the U.S. or get them from my friend and have repairs done at another friend's shop. Sure keeps the bills down!

I'll have some MINI PH stickers done soon and I can send it to someone over there for distribution to other Pinoy MINI owners.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
yay, pinoy!

PI-made, Hawaii-born Ilocano here. Tho this thread isn't very active, I am quite heartened to see it!

Btw, Cooper Flags sells a Filipino magnetic badge: link. (thanks to Arnel who sent it to me quite some time ago).

Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
MiniBOL
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
i was back home this past March hoping to see some but only saw 1 mini cabrio. I did see several Suzuki Swifts perpetrating to be one.

Did you guys check out the "FLIP" badge in GoBadges? I have one and I love it!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:22 AM
bruno787
2nd Gear
kabayans! i have the Philippine flag badge from gobadges too

Old 06-07-2011, 02:56 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
I'm sporting one on Smacky too

Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 AM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
It was the first badge I bought from them.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
miles_miles7
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ummm? are there anymore active cooper group from the philippines?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
papadar
1st Gear
Sali ako..

Di ko alam na may kapisanan ng pinoy na mahilig sa mini.

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-2012-02-22_20-06-41_9.jpg   Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-dsc_6099.jpg   Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum-dsc_7114.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Official Filipino MINI Owners Forum