Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Any experiences with MonteCarloMini.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any experiences with MonteCarloMini.com?

Has anyone else been approached by Monte Carlo Mini's for any items they are selling?
They contacted me as a private buyer with one name (Glen Mohammed) and had me send a large number of photos detailing the car and any issues etc. The "Private Buyer" then went on to tell me how he could find fully restored Classic Mini's for $6500 and that my price was way off target. I went through the details of the car and told him to make me an offer so that I could tell him if we were even close to being on the same page for what we could negotiate for the price.
This morning I get a response not from the buyer, but from Monte Carlo Mini's (Bill ***) trying to offer me $3000 and telling me I would be lucky to get that.
Although I may be off on my price (listed as negotiable) he went on to state that even though I was including a replacement block, rods, pistons, cam, starters, that it was going to cost at least $5500 for those parts to be installed and for the vehicle to be in good running condition. Anyone who knows these cars, knows it would be closer to $1000 + or - a few $.
I am mostly posting this as a warning to other sellers to research what they have and don't let criminals like these guys try and push you into a corner. Of course a dealer will offer me well below what I want for the car, I get that, but the way they went about it is very shady and probably a good sign of what else you can expect from these guys.
Once again: Contacted by Glen Mohammed, offer made by Bill *** (William) MonteCarloMini.com
Caution.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
Also "Glen" stated he was in Florida and would want the car shipped there, BUT "Bill" and MonteCarloMini, are located in North Carolina.

So not only is it poor business ethic to go about it this way, it is border-lining a scam waiting to happen using multiple contacts and locations.

Once again, be cautious when working with this company or these people if they contact you in regards to a sale item.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
william *** to me
show details 1:59 PM (32 minutes ago)

[FONT=font-family:segoe tv,Arial,Verdana]well.. I will WITH DRAW the $3000 offer.. it is mini that does NOT run.. bc[/FONT]
bill *** MBA www.montecarlomini.com lic NC dealer US AGENT for www.moke.com.hk and bonded US CUSTOMS importer with TWIC. 10 +2 ISF and ACE/SCAC..1-704.487.6797 and aylesbury england 011.44.7769.504.158

Forward

Brent cheney to william
show details 2:16 PM (15 minutes ago)

Can you tell me why you and Mr Glen Mohammed are approaching this together? It seems a bit shady to me that he would approach as a private buyer and get all of the info saying the car will go to him in Florida, and then you, a dealer, comes in with a low ball offer? It is obvious you are in the business of making money.
- Show quoted text -

Forward

william *** to me
show details 2:23 PM (8 minutes ago)

[FONT=font-family:segoe tv,Arial,Verdana]well. DUH.. dealers sell cars to make money.. know a NON profit car dealer.. dont know the guy glen in FLA.. only mini dealer there in malcolm ward at classicminicoopers.com in orlando.. good luck in selling your mini .. with ****ed engine.. I least I am real BUYER with CASH in hand.. unlike the timewaster/tyrekickers on mini mania.. later bc[/FONT]
bill *** MBA www.montecarlomini.com lic NC dealer US AGENT for www.moke.com.hk and bonded US CUSTOMS importer with TWIC. 10 +2 ISF and ACE/SCAC..1-704.487.6797 and aylesbury england 011.44.7769.504.158

Forward

william *** to me
show details 2:23 PM (8 minutes ago)

[FONT=font-family:segoe tv,Arial,Verdana]psst.. maybe you are another miserable mormon that thinks dealers only come in non profit?? bc[/FONT]

Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Meh

F@ck 'em

Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
Yeah I am just making people aware. I guess the guys on Minimania say he was banned from that site long ago. So nothing new.

on that note I think I will keep my car haha.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:32 AM
#1werewolf
Neutral
you know it is really funny.. I would NEVER pose as private buyer.. and why would you care if I was a LIC dealer.. as long as I had CASH in hand.. nothing criminal about CASH in hand?/ or did I miss somthing.?? I am NOT banned on MM.. just posted take a look ..bill *** MBA lic NC dealer and bonded US CUSTOMS importer with TWIC ACE and SCAC.. www.montecarlomini.com

Old 10-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
......you just revived a 3 year old dead thread. Probably not the best move.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Filter Pro
Neutral
He is a rip off artist Monte Carlo Mini Bill

Bill or William is a rip off artist. He took me for over 10M.
He calls himself Monte Carlo Minis.

I filed complaint with dealers registration in S.C. They inferred he was "not one of their top dealers" and said they had other complaints.
He will give you one price and keep adding on to it. Needing fees for this and that, and refusing to get you your money back. Claims to know restorers, that in my case they used a spray can to paint. Car was also full of rust in the undercarriage, and i mean bad.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate him a "-50"

The credentials are easy to get and bogus.
Good luck if you deal with this moron.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Will1492
Neutral
Bill *** Monte Carlo minis

I wish that I had seen these posts before I bought online from him. Very unscrupulous dealer and does t not stand behind his work. I'm out about $5000. Misrepresents his cars. When told the promised title never showed up, I was told to "Stop whining". Real class act. Car not as promised, tires not what was specified, engine top end blown out and blowing crazy blue smoke, shoddy paint job. All around an ugly experience. Beware, check everything out, because once he has your money, he shuts you off. He acts all good old boy, beware! I'd go somewhere else if you can. If he has exactly what you want, check it out completely and make him put it all in writing. Even if it's in writing, after my experience with this guy, I don't think he'd care.

QUOTE=Tanuki;3367736]Has anyone else been approached by Monte Carlo Mini's for any items they are selling?
They contacted me as a private buyer with one name (Glen Mohammed) and had me send a large number of photos detailing the car and any issues etc. The "Private Buyer" then went on to tell me how he could find fully restored Classic Mini's for $6500 and that my price was way off target. I went through the details of the car and told him to make me an offer so that I could tell him if we were even close to being on the same page for what we could negotiate for the price.
This morning I get a response not from the buyer, but from Monte Carlo Mini's (Bill ***) trying to offer me $3000 and telling me I would be lucky to get that.
Although I may be off on my price (listed as negotiable) he went on to state that even though I was including a replacement block, rods, pistons, cam, starters, that it was going to cost at least $5500 for those parts to be installed and for the vehicle to be in good running condition. Anyone who knows these cars, knows it would be closer to $1000 + or - a few $.
I am mostly posting this as a warning to other sellers to research what they have and don't let criminals like these guys try and push you into a corner. Of course a dealer will offer me well below what I want for the car, I get that, but the way they went about it is very shady and probably a good sign of what else you can expect from these guys.
Once again: Contacted by Glen Mohammed, offer made by Bill *** (William) MonteCarloMini.com
Caution.[/QUOTE]

Old 10-31-2016, 03:14 PM
#1werewolf
Neutral
Just to follow up two slammer and flammers that called me out. first.. filter pro. aka brian hoffman.. you can and inspected the moke , mini pick up and mini wagon in PERSON. before you bought them.. you lost NO money with me.. I heard you bought a mini off ebay.co.uk and did NOT get it..( NOT my problem) and why would you file complaint with DMV in SC. I am in NC.. you did file a DOZEN bogus complaints.. all dismissed as being BOGUS.. and for will 1492.. you bought project 109.. land rover. was sold AS IS. no warranty.. and you got a NC title via certified mail..to bozman montana.. not my fault you were beamed up my ALEINS and could NOT go my post office to get the NC title.. thanks bill ***

Old 12-02-2016, 02:37 PM
FreddieB
1st Gear
^^^ lolz......werewolf stupic rip off artist