Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

US RHD: Good answers to silly questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
zippypinhead
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I tape to the windscreen when I stop at a cruise night:

It’s a Moke

Common Questions Answered:

1.) Why yes, it is kind of small… You know I never noticed till you mentioned it.
2.) No, it’s not an electric car. (Notice the fuel cap and exhaust pipe?) I’ve actually been asked this question as I was filling the fuel tank.
3.) No, I don’t think it would be really cool to stuff a small blockV8 in there. (It squishes plenty of bugs with the 34 horsepower it was born with.)
4.) Yes, it’s a “real” car. (It’s been issued plates and insurance. I’m sure it wouldn’t feel real good if a tire ran over your toe. So, I suppose it is “real.”)
5.) No, it won’t float…. Does your car float?
6.) No, I do not know how many clowns will fit in there. (Why don’t you go get the rest of your family and we can find out.)
7.) Yes, it does get a lot of SMILES Per Gallon. (But, I have no idea of how many miles per gallon it gets and don’t really care.)
8.) It’s an Austin Mini Moke built by British Motor Corporation in 1967.

The design is based on the original Mini’s drive train and was intended for the British military to be dropped by parachute. The military brass made it clear that they “did not play with toys” and that the Land Rover would suit them just fine.

This was one of the first vehicles produced with a Keyless Entry System.

It also features Full Time Air Conditioning.

There were over 5.3 million Minis and varients produced from 1959 till 2000. Less than 1% were Mokes.

This particular example spent her youth in Barbados hence the nickname “Barb”

Thanks for the interest.

Edited for clarity. I guess this message bored doesn't like you to cut 'n paste with a different font....

Last edited by zippypinhead; 07-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.