Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Just ordered some Mini goodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
PRattenbury
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered some Mini goodies

I just sent off for Milltek exhaust and an Alta CAI. When I was at the meet in WLR the guy with the cool blue stripes on his silver Mini (sorry, very bad with names) said he has the SC pulley done on his car. By any chance does he (or anyone else here local have the pulley removal and belt tensioner tools needed to do the pulley mod? I'd be happy to rent them to sweeten the deal if someone has them.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:58 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
I have the Alta 17% on my car and did the work myself (with the help of the hubby.) We broke 2 pulley pullers and the Alta guy said to just dremel the pulley off - so that is what we did and it worked. A little scary...but easier than the puller. So, if you can't get a pulley puller, just dremel it off. And I will be more than happy to help ya if the schedule allows. (You'll love that CAI...I have that too)

Let me know how you like that exhaust. That is the next purchase. Just can't decide on which one.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM
PRattenbury
3rd Gear
I listened to alot of sound clips of different systems. I noticed many of them seemed to 'pop' a lot and made obnoxious 'noise' at high RPMs. The Milltek seemed to not pop at all, and had a nice, deep mellow tone to it. I should have it installed next time there's a meeting (are they always at that bread company?) and you can listen to it then, if you attend. Do you have the box top on your CAI? I love the sound of supercharger and turbo whine when they spool up, but I have read there's an additional, objectionable whistle that can be stopped by using the box top. Did you use the gear puller by itself, or did you have the special pulley removal tool as well when removing your pulley?