Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

November's Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash and Pig Trail

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See y'all in November!

Greetings! Some of us from OKMINI are heading your way for the AMOK MINIs on the Mountain event in November. I think there's three couples so far, but could be more.

Looking forward to Pig Trail, that's always a fun time. Never been to Magazine Mountain, so that will be nice.

Can you handle it? Can WE handle it?

See y'all soon!!
- Angie

Last edited by TulsaMINI; 09-15-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 AM
gbishop
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Merry MINI time...

Glad to have ya'!

Look forward to meeting ya'!

It'll be a great time, bring all your friends.....

Old 09-14-2007, 06:27 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Hogs yet again!

Well, I am batting zero. This is the weekend of the South Carolina game in Fayetteville. Once again, I am out. Might see some of you on the way up or on the way back though. Glad to hear the Okies are coming. It should be a great time.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Free Spirit
The November event is going to be a great one! It would be great if we could have people sign up here so we'll have an approximate number of who's going for lunch, dinner, and such.

The weekend will take place November 2nd-4th at Mount Magazine State Park http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/ and Paris, AR. Friday evening will be a Meet and Greet at the lodge atop Mount Magazine. Saturday at 9am we'll head up the Pig Trail and over to Fayettville for lunch. Then we'll travel down I540 to I40 heading back toward Paris. After free time we'll meet up at The Grapevine Restaurant http://thegrapevinerestaurant.com/ at 6pm for dinner, then to the lodge for some more fun! There will be door prizes givin' away. More Saturday night details will come so stay tuned for that. Sunday morning we are planning to go to the lodge for breakfast and farewells.

The Grapevine Restaurant and the lodge will be open for breakfast on Saturday. (Grapevine is not open on Sundays.)

The Paris Inn is the host motel this year, you can either email Jeff from our website http://www.motoringamok.com/, pm gbishop here at NAM, or call the hotel directly 479-963-2400. If you email Jeff or pm gbishop he'll make your reservations for you and email you with a confirmation (something you won't have to do). Rooms are $45-$50. Just let him know if you want one king, two doubles, smoking or non, how many people in each room, and how many rooms you want.

This weekend is a great weekend to be in AR! Mount Magazine has the highest point in Arkansas. I highly recommend coming in on Friday or finding time Sunday to check out the state park a little more. They also have camp grounds and cabins for rent if you would prefer that over the motel. Unfortunately, the lodge is booked this year and has been for months. I would suggest booking lodge rooms while you are there this year for next year.

Don't forget your cameras!

Old 09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
It would be great if we could have people sign up here so we'll have an approximate number of who's going for lunch, dinner, and such.

I can edit the thread title to something more appropriate such as "Official Merry MINIs on the Mountain Sign-up" if you would like me to.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
The Grapevine Restaurant in Paris opens at 6:00 am on Saturday morning for breakfast. That would be a good place to eat and take off for the wild Ozark trails. Also, the restaurant would like to have an idea of how many will be eating dinner there that Saturday night so it would be good to sign up on this thread.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Free Spirit
TulsaMINI, that would be awesome! Thanks for your support.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:40 AM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
It didn't work. Only changed the title of my first post not the title of the thread.

You should start a new one.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Free Spirit
November's Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash and Pig Trail

The November event is going to be a great one! It would be great if we could have people sign up here so we'll have an approximate number of who's going for lunch, dinner, and such.

The weekend will take place November 2nd-4th at Mount Magazine State Park http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/ and Paris, AR. Friday evening will be a Meet and Greet at the lodge atop Mount Magazine. Saturday at 9am we'll head up the Pig Trail and over to Fayettville for lunch. Then we'll travel down I540 to I40 heading back toward Paris. After free time we'll meet up at The Grapevine Restaurant http://thegrapevinerestaurant.com/ at 6pm for dinner, then to the lodge for some more fun! There will be door prizes givin' away. More Saturday night details will come so stay tuned for that. Sunday morning we are planning to go to the lodge for breakfast and farewells.

The Grapevine Restaurant and the lodge will be open for breakfast on Saturday. (Grapevine is not open on Sundays.)

The Paris Inn is the host motel this year, you can either email Jeff from our website http://www.motoringamok.com/, pm gbishop here at NAM, or call the hotel directly 479-963-2400. If you email Jeff or pm gbishop he'll make your reservations for you and email you with a confirmation (something you won't have to do). Rooms are $45-$50. Just let him know if you want one king, two doubles, smoking or non, how many people in each room, and how many rooms you want.

This weekend is a great weekend to be in AR! Mount Magazine has the highest point in Arkansas. I highly recommend coming in on Friday or finding time Sunday to check out the state park a little more. They also have camp grounds and cabins for rent if you would prefer that over the motel. Unfortunately, the lodge is booked this year and has been for months. I would suggest booking lodge rooms while you are there this year for next year.

Don't forget your cameras!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:16 PM
3 WIRE
2nd Gear
We'll be in for Friday and Saturday's run barring anything unforseen.
Looking forward to it. We won't require any lodging...no were not that tough, just live close.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
Add Randy and Angie Brumley to the list!

Hey 3WIRE/Steve! Been a couple of years since we've seen you guys! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:37 PM
3 WIRE
2nd Gear
Hey it has been awhile

We've both got different MINI's now and I hope Bruiser didn't meet the same fate as the yellow car...man that was UGLY.

Should be a good time, We stayed at Mt.Magazine lodge two weeks ago, it's really nice.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
I guess Bruiser and I just dated. It was Cosmo that I married. Bruiser is with someone else now -- I don't know anything about his new person, but I do know that he was stripped of his graphics. Kinda sad.

I saw what happened to your Yellow. Yikes!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Don't know if I will make it to this (soccer/football schedule)- but I sure hope I can! Sounds like fun! I LOVE the pig trail. I used to take 540 when I had my other car, but since the mini...I have to drive the pig trail.
Anyways, a little off topic...do we have a date for an event this month. I am trying to get my calendar all worked out.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Free Spirit
I'm not exactly sure on the October date, we are working on it, but it may be the 13th and something may come up for a quick trip to Brinkley with lunch or dinner on another night (day to yet be confirmed). November is the weekend event on the mountain, first weekend. December is a Christmas Party sometime at the beginning of the month. The dates on these should be ironed out today hopefully so I'll post what I know tomorrow.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Free Spirit
American Cancer Society

If you haven't heard yet the Tar Heel MINIs have started a banner in honor of one of their members that died of cancer. This banner is traveling across the nation from MINI club to MINI club getting signatures and raising funds for each club's own local American Cancer Society. Here's a link to the thread here on NAM concerning that banner.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=103346

AMOK will have this banner at our Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash. To help raise funds for our local ACS (Pulaski Co) we will be having a silent auction Saturday night. I'll try to keep a list here so everyone will know what items there are and be prepared to bid on them. In case you've never participated in a silent auction there is a piece of paper near the item and you just write your name and bid amount on the paper. Payment will be expected at the end of the auction. We will start showing items as they arrive on Friday with the auction ending sometime Saturday night.

If you would prefer to donate a certain amount we are accepting checks made out to the American Cancer Society. (I am checking on this to make sure that's correct. I'll confirm that or change it on here as soon as I know.) PM me and I'll tell you who to mail it to.

From us the banner will move to Missouri.

Last edited by Free Spirit; 10-06-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Free Spirit
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
Don't know if I will make it to this (soccer/football schedule)- but I sure hope I can! Sounds like fun! I LOVE the pig trail. I used to take 540 when I had my other car, but since the mini...I have to drive the pig trail.
Anyways, a little off topic...do we have a date for an event this month. I am trying to get my calendar all worked out.

See the October thread.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Just noticed you guys will be in Fayetteville for lunch. Since I will already be there for the game, I sure would like to meet up with you for that lunch. When you know where you are eating, post it.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Union Jack
Neutral
Union Jack & Mrs from OKC plan to attend

Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Free Spirit
Wohoo! Glad you'll be making it Union Jack!

rgp2, game is at 1, not sure when we'll be in town. Won't you be at the game?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Your right. Sorry, I thought it was a 6:00 pm game.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
I'm plannin on coming out. Not sure if I'll be able to make it down to Paris and take the drive up to Fayetteville, but I live in Springdale. If for some reason I can't make it to Paris, I'll gladly meet up with everyone in Fayetteville and take a drive out to Eureka Springs with whoever wants to go. If anyone's down for that little extra bit out to Eureka, let me know.

Last edited by preludestuntin; 10-24-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
dacinokc
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DAC and ALC will be there

I posted a note for the AMOK group on the OKMini webstie, but just to make sure I get notice to the "right folks", I wanted to mention over here on NAM, my daughter and I are planning on coming over for this event. We love it in Arkansas, and I imagine this will be a really pretty time of year.
We plan on leaving on Friday mid day, across on I-40, then cut off through south east Oklahoma for a nice drive. We will first check in to a little cabin we rented in Mena, and then drive up to the lodge and meet everyone!
I am looking forward to it!

Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
TulsaMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by preludestuntin
I'm plannin on coming out. Not sure if I'll be able to make it down to Paris and take the drive up to Fayetteville, but I live in Springdale. If for some reason I can't make it to Paris, I'll gladly meet up with everyone in Fayetteville and take a drive out to Eureka Springs with whoever wants to go. If anyone's down for that little extra bit out to Eureka, let me know.

Hey Prelude -- We've been thinking we may split off from the group at Fayetteville and go on up to Branson. We first considered going to Eureka, but soon learned that it's Diversity Weekend and everything's booked.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Free Spirit
Here are some items that will be available at the silent auction:

Roadshow MINI gift certificates in the amounts of $50, $100, and $200.
Alltell cycling shirt
MINI valve stem caps
MINI Mana CAI bulkhead
Ryan Newman racing jacket
Razorback ball cap
Umbrella
Bag of car detailing supplies

Last edited by Free Spirit; 10-29-2007 at 05:09 AM. Reason: add more items

Quick Reply: November's Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash and Pig Trail