Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Arkansas MINI sightings

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep seeing a Chili red S with a white roof and white bonnet stripes. I see it every time I look in my garage!!!!!

Minerva is here!

I drove through Toy Hill yesterday on my way home through Little Rock looking for you all, but didn't see you. Reading back through the threads I think you were there- the time was right- and I just didn't look in the right spot . I saw a dark silver convertible going into the park but was concentrating on not crashing and didn't look into the park hard enough apparently. Poo.

So, if you saw a red and white S drive by, that was me... I wish I had realized you all were there. I was going to stop by.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
Conway old Walmart parking lot today.
And they all had my wheels . . . if I'd only checked earlier, could've "acquired" a spare set . . ..

Old 12-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Today at lunch time, I saw a cream colored MCS going down baseline, driver waved.. tags were something like "FULBLST"

Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Tess
4th Gear
I parked next to a silver MCS at Kohls in Conway tonight.. as someone mentioned before, there was Hendrix faculty parking sticker on it.

I see a blue one pretty routinely headed to Conway in the mornings from LR.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
This evening, Mark and I saw a CR w/Union Jack flag driving through Dardanelle. I waved, but am not sure the other person saw me. Was that you Mrs. Mini?

Last edited by RVExotics; 12-09-2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
I keep seeing a CR/w S w/ Union Jack roof on Walton Blvd in Bentonville...it's pretty sweet.

It's a shame there's not as many Mini's in my area

Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
I was in Russellville/Dardanelle this weekend - so it might have been. But I would have waived if I saw you. There is another cr/w union jack in the rsvl/dard area.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Oh, I forgot to post my sighting...DS/W parked near the AR Elec Coop in LR.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:57 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Is the other cr one of the modern MINIs? I thought Fritz had one but it was a classic type? This was definitely modern, so I'm assuming it was you. Anyway, no problem if you didn't see me. It was probably around 4 or 5 pm and was really cloudy and dark already, so it was hard to see much of anything. That, and my car's colors don't exactly stick out much

Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
Saw a BRG at Wal-Mart in Lowell last night. Poor thing was so dirty and the rims were curb-checked beyond belief. Just about the only thing that made me feel somewhat happy about seeing that car was the license plate frame that read "Let's Motor!" with little Union Jack flags on either side of "let's motor"

Seriously though, we need more AMOK members out here. Speaking of which, how do I become a member of AMOK considering I live all the way out here in the Fayetteville/Springdale/Lowell area?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
That wasn't me in Dard...I was there in the morning to take the dogs to the vet.

I saw 3 minis yesterday!!! (but I was driving my state car ) CR/B, CR/CR and a '07 yellow (don't know the name of the color)

On the AMOK website, I emailed Danielle about membership. www.motoringamok.com The contact button is located in the "about" tab.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
That wasn't me in Dard...I was there in the morning to take the dogs to the vet.

I saw 3 minis yesterday!!! (but I was driving my state car ) CR/B, CR/CR and a '07 yellow (don't know the name of the color)

On the AMOK website, I emailed Danielle about membership. www.motoringamok.com The contact button is located in the "about" tab.
Awesome. Thanks!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 AM
resmini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RVExotics
Is the other cr one of the modern MINIs? I thought Fritz had one but it was a classic type?
FastFritz has a classic, and an 05 CR S with a Union Jack on top.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Ah, well then it was probably Fritz.

Fritz, if you make it back to this thread, do you live in the Bay Ridge area? I think you might be my mom's boss's neighbor.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
MINIs MINIs everywhere!

Wow- I have seen so many MINIs in Little Rock Thursday afternoon and Saturday that I cannot tell you all that I saw, because I cannot remember!

And, for the first time, I saw one I recognised! I saw Twiggy! And I know, without a doubt it was her, because the plate said, "LIVSTRG". I wasn't in my MINI though; I was with my mom in her Envoy. We had gone up to Little Rock together to do a big Christmas Shop-a-thon, and we were on the off ramp of 430 by the new JC Penny, and she was at the light traveling perpendicular to us, towards the Cracker Barrel there.

I also, that i remember, saw a dark silver in front of the Heights Toy center, think it was an S - sounded like an exhaust on it too. Saw a pure silver on Cantrell; we were a car or two behind for a long ways. Saw a lighter blue S(argh, gotta get better with color names) in front of Burlington Coat factory.

And there were MORE, but that is all I can recall. Hubby says there was one in the Olive Garden parking lot. We ate at Olive Garden last night.

Thursday night there were two (one was PW) in the new shopping center where Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Pei Wei are.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:47 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Wow, looks like we need to get on the ball trying to recruit more MINI owners into AMOK. It sounds like a lot have slipped through! lol I guess I must concede though that not every MINI owner is quite as...rabid (?)...as a lot of us.

I'm actually hoping to come home today to find a new metal carport installed to protect my Nicodemus and, in a couple weeks, Mark's Deimos. Definitely gonna have a garage in the new house...

Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Hey Minerva Louise. Yeah, that was me. Doing a little Christmas shopping. Hope you can come up for our drive in January. (See Events)

Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
On business trip Monday, saw many MINIs heading east on I-40, incl a S/W MCS & CR/W MCS; I flashed lights and waved as I headed west to Forrest City (don't think there are many MINIs in Forrest City b/c it was back to the open staring the '03 MCS used to get all the time back in the old days).

Also, tagged a Gold/B MINI (with Ark "education" license plate) with an AMOK card on its windshield in the parking deck at work today. Maybe they'll bite . . ..

Old 12-21-2007, 05:39 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Yesterday, on the way to work, Mark and I passed a yellow Cooper with black bonnets going east on Hwy 10. Couldn't tell if it was a regular Cooper or S. It was very near Magazine, AR (where we work) and it was quite surprising to see one there - in the middle of nowhere. Anyone here take a road trip early in the a.m. (7:20 or so) yesterday?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Oddly enough, today on the way home, we saw another MINI on the same road (Hwy 10), this time nearer to Danville. We waved, but aren't sure we got a response. This one was a pure silver S with a black top.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:34 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Yet another sighting in this area today, except this time it was a red S in the Russellville Lowe's parking lot. The driver was sitting inside talking on his cell when I walked around looking at it, but I made sure to drive in front of where he was parked and we waved. He probably thought I was crazy.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Originally Posted by preludestuntin
Saw a BRG at Wal-Mart in Lowell last night. Poor thing was so dirty and the rims were curb-checked beyond belief. Just about the only thing that made me feel somewhat happy about seeing that car was the license plate frame that read "Let's Motor!" with little Union Jack flags on either side of "let's motor"

Seriously though, we need more AMOK members out here. Speaking of which, how do I become a member of AMOK considering I live all the way out here in the Fayetteville/Springdale/Lowell area?

I'll send you the forms. Do you know about the NWA MINIs? I think the web site is nwamini.org. He is a member of our Klub and started this club in northwest AR as well. He's in Fayetteville.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
I'll send you the forms. Do you know about the NWA MINIs? I think the web site is nwamini.org. He is a member of our Klub and started this club in northwest AR as well. He's in Fayetteville.

Forms? there are forms?? Guess I got left out of 'form' requirement?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Originally Posted by Tess
Forms? there are forms?? Guess I got left out of 'form' requirement?
I'll send them to you too!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Plasmodesmata
2nd Gear
We saw a PW/B going east on I-40 through Russellville today. I'm not sure if it was an MC or MCS. I rarely realize the presence of another MINI until it is just about to fly past us.

Quick Reply: Arkansas MINI sightings